Sponsored

Upgrading non-Squatch Bronco to 35's - Issues with Spare Tire and Brake light, Camera

ontheuptick

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello all -

I was planning to downgrade my order by taking off the Squatch package, in order to hope to get my bronco sooner, and then I would upgrade to different wheels and 35" tires. I saw a video linked below, where they show that on a non-Squatch bronco the rear break light and the backup camera are interfered with by going to a larger tire. How much of an issue is this for those that have done the same thing? Are there aftermarket extensions out there yet?

Sponsored

StrictlyBroncos

Badlands
First Name
Reece
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco (Badlands)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm running 35/12.50R18 Toyo Open Country A/T's on a non SAS Badlands. I did not upgrade to the rear brake light extension. It clears just fine (kind of tight but still performs it's function). No interference for the rear camera. Here's a pic from the back:
Ford Bronco Upgrading non-Squatch Bronco to 35's - Issues with Spare Tire and Brake light, Camera InkedIMG-3265_LI

Bjj101

Outer Banks
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX, 2020 Lexus RX450
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I added 35's and altho I probably didnt need it, I also added the break light extension. No issues at all with the camera.

Sponsored

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The camera is located at the center of the spare wheel, so it doesn't care how big the tire is. The third brake light can be affected but most rigs I've seen that were upgraded to 35's it hasn't been a problem. the 35" Nitto on mine is a bit tight with the third brake light but it still fits and functions.

aframe009

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered the extension and the reinforced spare tire mount from 5 Star. They are both Rough Country. I was surprised they weren't more money to be honest. I will take pictures when they show up and I get them installed.
Sponsored