Sponsored

Upgrading Stereo while preserving factory head unit?

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I decided I wanted the MGV in the Black Diamond more than the other interior options, but am obviously limited to the Medium Package. If I could have gotten the sound deadening and upgraded stereo without the hidden costs of all the other stuff I would have been perfectly happy. But I have decided that I will upgrade the factory unit with some aftermarket system along with upgraded speakers etc and the reality is with the top off and doors off most of the time, the sound deadening really doesn't matter that much to me? Have any of you used these aftermarket units that provide options for increased amplification for upgraded speakers and if so any recommendations? I am very reluctant to pull the factory head unit. Thanks in advance to all you great 6G brothers and sisters! DP

Thttps://www.crutchfield.com/S-R2mQ3EEKIf7/learn/upgrade-your-cars-sound.html
Sponsored

TexAg13

Black Diamond
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mercedes-Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I decided I wanted the MGV in the Black Diamond more than the other interior options, but am obviously limited to the Medium Package. If I could have gotten the sound deadening and upgraded stereo without the hidden costs of all the other stuff I would have been perfectly happy. But I have decided that I will upgrade the factory unit with some aftermarket system along with upgraded speakers etc and the reality is with the top off and doors off most of the time, the sound deadening really doesn't matter that much to me? Have any of you used these aftermarket units that provide options for increased amplification for upgraded speakers and if so any recommendations? I am very reluctant to pull the factory head unit. Thanks in advance to all you great 6G brothers and sisters! DP

Thttps://www.crutchfield.com/S-R2mQ3EEKIf7/learn/upgrade-your-cars-sound.html
Also curious, got any intel on what stock speakers Ford will use in the Bronco without the updated B&O? Would be nice to see them do a standalone like Jeep does with Alpine.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure what brand yet but there will be something that comes out.

Here is a kit for 15-21 base mustangs looking to upgrade their audio by Raxiom on American Muscle site:

393865?wid=810&hei=608&op_usm=0.jpg

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do we know if the amp is integrated into the base head unit or is it a standalone module? If' it's standalone then life is easy. Integrated... not so much.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I absolutely want to upgrade the speakers on my BaseBase & probably add a marine grade amp for them. I don't plan on adding a new head unit as that will be very expensive & it might be awhile before those are available.

I also am wondering about whether or not I need marine grade speakers or if the housing will protect it at all?
Sponsored