Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The biggest question I had about the vinyl was its compatibility with heating elements. Sorry but I WILL have heated seats. Not only are they nice in the winter but it also just feels good on a back that isn't getting any younger. More than once they've been popped on in the summer when the lower back was feeling achy.
Most vinyl is fine with heating elements. They're inside of an insulated pad. Kind of like the ones you use in a bed under the covers.

Besides that, there's also a interlace layer that's between the vinyl material and the padding. The heating element actually sits below that. They never actually come into direct contact with the vinyl.

Hope that helps. Another thing to keep in mind, the heated seats available in the Bronco are all part vinyl. The leather is "Leather trimmed vinyl" and the heating elements would be underneath that seat as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP
R-E-L-A-X

R-E-L-A-X

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Most vinyl is fine with heating elements. They're inside of an insulated pad. Kind of like the ones you use in a bed under the covers.

Besides that, there's also a interlace layer that's between the vinyl material and the padding. The heating element actually sits below that. They never actually come into direct contact with the vinyl.

Hope that helps. Another thing to keep in mind, the heated seats available in the Bronco are all part vinyl. The leather is "Leather trimmed vinyl" and the heating elements would be underneath that seat as well.
That's very helpful thanks!!!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

don't let @EvlNvrDys in here, or this thread is just not going to end well
The thread title is asking for information from topless people. I was hoping for pictures of SOME, but ONLY SOME, of you people.

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I always had MGV in the topless boats and leather in the multiple convertible I have owned. The leather didi get hot and I always liked the MGV since it lasted great and the newer vinyl again is not you grandpa's is stays cooler and is great to the touch. The MGV is also more stable and UV resistant. I would also get the bikini top that pops over the top easily if you are parking it for awhile in the sun.

Sponsored

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was having trouble keeping my JL's cloth seats clean due to the extreme amount of dust/dirt that gets in when you offroad/dirtroad with top down. So I recently added wetsuit type seat covers on a recommendation and with the handful of top down trips since then they seem to be super easy to clear as dust isn't getting into the fabric. Just went cheap on this set (Smittybilt - like $200ish for the set).

IMG-3503.jpg

OP
OP
R-E-L-A-X

R-E-L-A-X

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now I'm starting to consider moving up to the BD. I blame you all!!!! IN seriousness Thanks for everyone's insight.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Late to this, but my JKU has cloth and as much as my wife doesn't like it, it is warm in winter and cool in summer. Did fade a bit with the sun beating down on it in the summer.

I ran a dIY screen door mesh top, and it is pretty nice. I will be getting non DIY janky mesh top for the new Bronc.

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now I'm starting to consider moving up to the BD. I blame you all!!!! IN seriousness Thanks for everyone's insight.
I mean I’m getting a BL so I’m pretty partial to the MGV. But, Bartact has said they plan to make covers for the Bronco. I may buy them for my BL, because they’re that nice.

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cloth for me.
If you are parking it topless, cloth beats vinyl and leather by a mile.
You have to plan to keep a bottle of water in the Bronco to cool the vinyl and leather seats before hopping in.
Cloth needs no prior plans.

------

In Phoenix AZ, I run naked +9 months out of the year. Minimum.

Alien UV sunshade lasted +2 years in the AZ sun. The same one is back on the Jeep after Spiderweb flunked out.

Spiderweb only made it one year in AZ and the color was blasted out and the bungie cords permanently streached out.
China mart junk IMHO.
AS is cheaper than SW to boot.

A new Alien Sunshade off Amazon due this week.

Guess I need to start a thread about UV sunshades before Santa time.
Dallas area here and had Spiderweb on 2 Wranglers with top down at least 6 months a year. Loved it and never had an issue with the top or bungees holding up. Granted it only get up to 100-105 here, not surface of the sun temps like in AZ.
Sponsored