Sponsored

URE (Uwharrie) Bronco Weekend get-together?

richs184

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SF
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Your config (doors/trim level) and build date if you know it.
2dr Badlands, 2022
2. Have you been offroading before? Yes, mostly easy trails. One real trip with son and his Jeep to Superstition OHV, Borrego Cali.
3. Have you been on the OHV trails at URE before? Yes, passenger in same Jeep. Lots of fun
4. What kind of radio do you have?none yet
5. Would you be interested in a campsite cookout as well?yes

Fyi. .Uwharrie/
Badin Lake OHV Trails close December 15 at 8:00 am
OHV Trails will reopen April 1
Sponsored

87gpe

First Edition
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe, Supra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'd love to go out to URE next year with some folks that know what they're doing. I've been out there by myself before and I just do not feel confident taking a newer vehicle on those trails.

OP
OP
UberGadgetFreak

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I won't be able to make it up the rest of this year before the trails close next month. The trails usually open April 1st. Once it gets closer so we have a better bearing on weather, we can schedule a big party then.

Usually, the group I head up with meets at El Dorado Outpost at 8AM so we can all get breakfast, get our rides ready, then roll out about 8:45. We usually head to the backside to hit Falls Dam, Dickey Bell, Rocky Mt Loop over to Sawmill, then back down Wolf Den, or from RM Loop over to Daniel if you feel adventurous enough.

National Forests in North Carolina - Badin Lake OHV Trail Complex (usda.gov)

Ford Bronco URE (Uwharrie) Bronco Weekend get-together? 9f9ad1fa377f5c0566955d54cc6743eb

Sponsored

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I won't be able to make it up the rest of this year before the trails close next month. The trails usually open April 1st. Once it gets closer so we have a better bearing on weather, we can schedule a big party then.

Usually, the group I head up with meets at El Dorado Outpost at 8AM so we can all get breakfast, get our rides ready, then roll out about 8:45. We usually head to the backside to hit Falls Dam, Dickey Bell, Rocky Mt Loop over to Sawmill, then back down Wolf Den, or from RM Loop over to Daniel if you feel adventurous enough.

Ford Bronco URE (Uwharrie) Bronco Weekend get-together? 9f9ad1fa377f5c0566955d54cc6743eb
I’m definitely interested. I wanted to go one more time this year with my Jeep, but didn’t make it. I’ll have my Bronco hopefully in Feb/March. Just in time 😁

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

9f9ad1fa377f5c0566955d54cc6743eb.gif
I'm all in for going too when they open back up. It's been years since i hit the trails at Uwharrie. Back then it was in my CJ5. I got my Bronco Badlands about a month ago and still itching to find a place to take it as there are not many places in Charlotte. :ROFLMAO: On a side note, I actually grew up 30 miles due east of Uwharrie so if feels like home when returning. I will subscribe to this thread so I can follow any updates. Please keep me in mind!

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any Broncos going to URE this weekend? I’m heading there tomorrow afternoon, wheeling Saturday/Sunday. I’m interested to see how they handle Dutch John, Dickey Bell and Daniel if anyone’s brave enough.

tbnlulz

Black Diamond
First Name
Becca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 Ranger, '22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any Broncos going to URE this weekend? I’m heading there tomorrow afternoon, wheeling Saturday/Sunday. I’m interested to see how they handle Dutch John, Dickey Bell and Daniel if anyone’s brave enough.
Don't have my Bronco yet, but I'll be out there this weekend. May take the Rover on some trails if it's not crazy busy for opening weekend

Sponsored

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It’s gonna be crazy busy. I’m waiting for my skids to come in then I’ll head out there later this month. If you end up going, take some video. Would love to see how it handles the D’s.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm out this weekend but down for future. Doing the front or backside of Daniel?

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm out this weekend but down for future. Doing the front or backside of Daniel?
I’ve got a Jeep 392 but the GF has a 2 door Base Squatch reservation. I was hoping to see how Broncos would do on these trails. Saw a 4 door Big Bend on 37s at the Outpost but didn’t see what trails it was running. It had the doors off and was covered in mud.

I ran Daniel front to back in the 392 and I’m not sure I’d run it in a Bronco…maybe a 2 door with the fender flares removed. A 4 door Squatch would be a hard pass unless you don’t mind some probable body damage. Dickey Bell is doable in a Bronco with good driving. 35s would help quite a lot and lockers would be wise.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve got a Jeep 392 but the GF has a 2 door Base Squatch reservation. I was hoping to see how Broncos would do on these trails. Saw a 4 door Big Bend on 37s at the Outpost but didn’t see what trails it was running. It had the doors off and was covered in mud.

I ran Daniel front to back in the 392 and I’m not sure I’d run it in a Bronco…maybe a 2 door with the fender flares removed. A 4 door Squatch would be a hard pass unless you don’t mind some probable body damage. Dickey Bell is doable in a Bronco with good driving. 35s would help quite a lot and lockers would be wise.
I said either in this thread or another one my 7MT badlands did great on all the trails I took it on...which was everything but the D's. It was my wife's first time off-roading, took her a few loops to start trusting the rig / me. But wasn't able to convince her to do Dickey Bell.

We'll be back after she gets plenty of seat time at an off-roadeo.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m definitely doing DBell when I head out there. Just installed my steel skids and I’m about to order sway bar quick disconnects. Little worried about the width of the Bronco, but should be alright on most of the trails.

Rock sliders installed as well.

A76CB214-F8CE-46E7-AEE7-81F6BFCD43E9.jpeg
Sponsored