Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As you complain about getting roasted for posting about a $7k tent... :ROFLMAO: "to each, his own"

Life's too short my friend... don't take it personal.
This is true! And I don’t. ?
Sponsored

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Outback, 2015 Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Their tents start at about $4200...
The superlite is 1300, I am planning on getting one. It is lighter, cheaper, and more spacious than the one ford is offering from the factory, and I like the look of it better too

rhinoamerican

Wildtrak
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh this really gives me something to think about. Thanks!

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The superlite is 1300, I am planning on getting one. It is lighter, cheaper, and more spacious than the one ford is offering from the factory, and I like the look of it better too
I just sold my GFC camper, but the super light is interesting.

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you like the GFC? I have no direct experience with any of their products but it looks to be well made. Here's a link to the superlite: https://gofastcampers.com/superlite-roof-tent/
I really enjoyed owning and exploring with my GFC. We had some solid trips for sure. Shorty after GFC kindly replaced the failed hinges on my camper I decided it was time for a change. Chalk it up to life. Our kids are huge now, my commute in a Tacoma on 35’s recently doubled to about an hour each way, plus the hint of a Bronco on the horizon I decided it was time to simplify. Other than the fuss with the hinges my only real constructive criticism is the mattress could be better & the tent body lacks a passive vent at the apex. Having built, abused, and rebuilt a expedition style truck I can say it was and continues to be awesome. I’ve had many epic trips out wheeling with my buddies, and look forward to more. I don’t identify with the flash of the overland scene, I like to say we go wheeling with a mattress. ? I’ve also owned a traditional folding (non-hard shell) RTT and did not like it. I’ve been through so many different camping set ups and builds that I’ve come full circle. Im back to preferring a simple ground tent and a low key set up. As my kids age I’m trending towards more day adventures in the mountains wheeling & hiking and fewer 6 day long trips with little to no tarmac. I’m planning to keep my Tacoma as a third vehicle for the family and weekend camping rig and build the Bronco as my fresh daily / weekend wheeler.

The super light is an interesting concept, I see their niche. I know the industry pretty well so it’s get it. I’m just over the RTT thing and ready to simplify.

Good luck! If you pick up a super light let us know how it goes.

Peace

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Outback, 2015 Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really enjoyed owning and exploring with my GFC. We had some solid trips for sure. Shorty after GFC kindly replaced the failed hinges on my camper I decided it was time for a change. Chalk it up to life. Our kids are huge now, my commute in a Tacoma on 35’s recently doubled to about an hour each way, plus the hint of a Bronco on the horizon I decided it was time to simplify. Other than the fuss with the hinges my only real constructive criticism is the mattress could be better & the tent body lacks a passive vent at the apex. Having built, abused, and rebuilt a expedition style truck I can say it was and continues to be awesome. I’ve had many epic trips out wheeling with my buddies, and look forward to more. I don’t identify with the flash of the overland scene, I like to say we go wheeling with a mattress. ? I’ve also owned a traditional folding (non-hard shell) RTT and did not like it. I’ve been through so many different camping set ups and builds that I’ve come full circle. Im back to preferring a simple ground tent and a low key set up. As my kids age I’m trending towards more day adventures in the mountains wheeling & hiking and fewer 6 day long trips with little to no tarmac. I’m planning to keep my Tacoma as a third vehicle for the family and weekend camping rig and build the Bronco as my fresh daily / weekend wheeler.

The super light is an interesting concept, I see their niche. I know the industry pretty well so it’s get it. I’m just over the RTT thing and ready to simplify.

Good luck! If you pick up a super light let us know how it goes.

Peace
will do brother, thank you for the reply

BabyJake

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just put my deposit for the URSA Minor tent. Anyone else? I’m curious how many deposits they received.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The video's were interesting and watched a couple more. No matter how cool that setup is, looked like a pain in the ass, and I realize I am way beyond wanting to do that. I think what few trips I do overnight off the beaten path, the tent will work, till I am sick of it.

I think if I did it seriously, I would just get a truck and pop up camper. Seems the Bronco is just a bad fit for so many things people want to use them for.

I am excited to get mine, I consider it a capable, yet not particularly versatile or practical vehicle. I can never really see a situation for myself, that a truck simply wouldn't be better.

So mine will haul me to tennis, store, day drips an once in a while a sleep over.

I will live vicariously through you guys and your setups. Hope to see and hear about some of them, once you get the Bronco!

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was very leery of this tent until I started following a series called "Venture4wd" on you tube, Chris lives out of his Jeep in one of these and travels all over the US and has for several years. Pretty solid setup in my opinion.

Sponsored

Homebowlking

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just put my deposit for the URSA Minor tent. Anyone else? I’m curious how many deposits they received.
Well I reserved one today and can hardly wait to sell my soft top when I get my hands on both the bronco and the Ursa Minor.

rlynch356

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender 90, RRC TDi, 200 series
Your Bronco Model
Base
7k is a big pill to swallow. I am thinking a trailer is a better idea.
A trailer looks better until you actually tow a trailer off road on medium/hard technical trails, it sucks.. If you don't intend to go the harder stuff, a trailer is great.

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was very leery of this tent until I started following a series called "Venture4wd" on you tube, Chris lives out of his Jeep in one of these and travels all over the US and has for several years. Pretty solid setup in my opinion.
That one and "The Road Chose Me", he did 3 years around Africa with the Ursa. They look pretty solid if they fit your needs.

Seventyfouronthefloor

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For those that have pre-ordered, do you get to choose paint colors? Also, will they work with the hard top wiring kit if you order your Bronco with the soft-top after September '21?
Sponsored