2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe Iā€™m crazy, but spending thousands of dollars on a roof top tent just doesnā€™t do it for me. Iā€™d rather camp on the ground. Is this specifically meant for areas where there are brown bears, or am I missing somethingā€¦?

I should note that I also camp a lot for my work, and the idea of this is still justā€¦ meh.
Then dont look at some of the offroad trailers that have a rtt lol.

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is a very specific style of over landing and really designed for one or two people. The height on the Jeep is just a few inches when closed. I am interested to see the product in person for the Bronco. The Jeep's sound bar is in the way, so the hatch is in an odd place. You can stand up and change. you can drop the tent and be on your way in less than 10 mins. no creepy crawly's show up in the tent. you can drop the top, lock your doors and fish for hours an not worry if someone is going through you stuff. it is pretty good for snow. sucks when it is windy.

check out this channel, he has lots of videos of the Jeep/Ursa minor top in all environments.

https://www.youtube.com/c/venture4wd/featured

brunjc2

Base
First Name
Jud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Few thoughts, for the crafty bunch, this may be possible to integrate into a MIC hardtop, if thatā€™s your thing, for way less. Itā€™s not really that heavy either.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/how-to-diy-wedge-camper.604686/

tops like these are nice, but we do camp at places that do not allow vehiclesā€” so we would have to still bring a ground tent.

Me and my wife and two kids will be keeping it simple, and just bring are hiking/backpacking gear. Will probably replace our Kodiak Canvas tent for a proper backpacking tent (<6lbs, made in the USA!https://www.tarptent.com/product/hogback/)

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Many clamshell RTTs are $3500+ alone without the extra structural support like a roof rack or cross members.

This allows for standing in the bronco and is a hardtop as well.

while the price is steep, Iā€™d say $5-6k is more fair based on the current market
I get that. But wishing it was 3500 and it being fair for the market are 2 different things. Also say I had a sewing machine and not a full time job with way too many other projects I could make it for about 2500. At 6000 I could just buy a old 75-91 4x4 Econoline or convert one for the same cost and tow my bronco around with it. Then I could get the 2 door! Now we are talking. I just have to be cool with 9 mpg and $3.50 gas. Eh still cheaper than bottled water.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is a very specific style of over landing and really designed for one or two people.
The kind of overlander that is too good to be a dirty piss in jug vanner like I grew up being. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Vanner credo: If you arent a vanner you aint shit, but if you are a vanner you are shit!

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But if you have that how will you flex if nobody can really tell at a glance that you're an overlander?

Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty expensive, pretty ugly, but pretty badass. Only for the hardcore.

Without the crossbar this will work even better then Jeeps.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™d say that is ā€œneat,ā€ but my thoughts are:

1. If you are using this on long excursions as some mentioned being the ā€œuse caseā€ making it possibly worthwhile, where does your gear go when you and yours are in the tent?

2. For the same price or less you can get a cool teardrop camper trailer, small and light, and keep all your gear inside the Bronco, as well as put your top down when you want to.

3. What am I missing about people wanting to be able to stand up inside the Bronco? I donā€™t get it, except maybe for putting bikes in there, and can get a trailer hitch bike rack or put a bike rack on a hardtop.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice to have the option for those into this usage but $7,250 as the initial estimate plus whatever other customizations they hint at.....dang, its a commitment

Rather have the spontaneous open air top capability and an on the ground pop up tent
with an air mattress...