First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr 2.7 Bronco Outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If having your car broken into is something you actually have to be concerned about (outside of a freak incident), you should probably move.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If having your car broken into is something you actually have to be concerned about (outside of a freak incident), you should probably move.
You live in Lancaster, PA. The oldest and largest Amish community in the US where 87% of the county's population is Amish. I would think that auto theft is pretty low.

Suggesting that people move if they are concerned about car break-ins isn't practical.

Last edited:

dmhalka

Badlands
First Name
doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

VNVET

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I've seen in other threads that some farrady bags work and some just don't. Anyone who has one that's solid, can you let us know which one you bought that you're happy with and really keeps the car from starting with the key FOB right in there?
I have studied faraday bags and some work ok and some are just plain garbage And leak signals.
meaning that they are not going to protect your fob, phone, laptop, iPad, etc.
the only one I found that works is, https://mosequipment.com/.
there is a test on their website that you can do To check if your faraday bag is leaking.
they are used by law enforcement and federal law enforcement to protect their equipment and also preserve evidence so a code cannot be sent to erase that evidence.

i don’t work for them or receive any commission.

lilthom

Badlands
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr Badlands 2017 Superduty 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once key pads came around I have locked all of my keys inside. I hate carrying keys in my pockets and pretty sure that if someone really wants my car/truck they will figure out a way to steal it. I've had 59 vehicles in my life and never had one bothered with. If it does happen, it happens. Life goes on.

Sponsored

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone with the inexpensive faraday bags (2 for $15.00) from Amazon tested them in their vehicle by closing the key in the bag and trying to start, or just assumed they would work? Looking for confirmation before purchase, Thank you.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So here is the solution. 1. Wireless Key Pad. 2. Faraday bag for key. 3. Lock in console safe.

Next?

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone with the inexpensive faraday bags (2 for $15.00) from Amazon tested them in their vehicle by closing the key in the bag and trying to start, or just assumed they would work? Looking for confirmation before purchase, Thank you.
Oh come on. It's only fifteen bucks!

You should buy them and report back for everyone else.

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh come on. It's only fifteen bucks!

You should buy them and report back for everyone else.
Pretty hypocritical statement. It is only $15, why haven't you purchased and tested? I can afford it, but don't believe in wasting money for something that may not function as intended. There are several people that have already posted they own them, I just wanted to know if they tested them.

Sponsored

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once key pads came around I have locked all of my keys inside. I hate carrying keys in my pockets and pretty sure that if someone really wants my car/truck they will figure out a way to steal it. I've had 59 vehicles in my life and never had one bothered with. If it does happen, it happens. Life goes on.
Sad to say but-If you move to western Oregon (not recommended), you too could experience loss of valuable personal items. Life does go on, but sadly it likely changes your perspective to a proactive and protective stance.

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are you able to add the keypad at a later date? Receiving conflicting reports. I want to place the key pad behind the spare tire. Is this just a "stick-on" item? Or is it tied in via wiring?

Last edited:

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are you able to add the keypad at a later date? Receiving conflicting reports. I want to place the key pad behind the spare tire. Is this just a "stick-on" item? Or is it tired?? in via wiring?
Others have shown it being moved to the gas filler door or behind the front window on the B-pillar. No, it is not wired in. And when the battery eventually dies you have to buy a new one, you can't replace the battery. I still like mine anyway.
Sponsored