Sponsored

Use reservation or lose it, need comments to help in deciding what to order...

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi everyone, had reservation in for years but originally wanted a Bronco 'my way' realizing after 2+ YEARS that will not happen: White Wildtrak, 2.7 Sas, white matching painted hardtop, white/grey interior as originally prototyped, hence I have been waiting for years hoping 'next year they might have it'... wrong. Got the email stating use it or loose it so need help.

Goals & Issues:
1. I am in Northern Nevada and use my jeeps and defenders for mainly desert roads (not a big rock crawler even though I've 30 minted form Rubicon).
2. Family now with 8 years old and mainly are 'easy' to at most 'intermediate' trails since we are alone exploring, so do not need and really do not want front disconnect in Badlands.
4. I have always liked ARB bumpers since my spec was if I hit a 400lb deer I can still drive away, (and had on my Disco II) want the new Bronco ARB front and rear bumpers (as just posted the other day, beautiful but wonder how heavy?) so do not really need more expensive steel bumper upgrades, since they will be replaced. Really want a winch, but not 24/7, would like bumper that has trailer hitch on front (tow package on back) and can carry winch (on mount) when going off road since really best for 'self' recoveries from front OR back... easy to use a kinetic strap with others around.
5. Usually replace rims and tires, could go either way here since at least 35s out of gate.
6. Like the HOSS suspension, afraid new bumpers would need heavier springs to stop nose diving at every light (like Disco II had with heaviest springs that old fit). This also make me want WT even more with the HOSS 3.0 for the desert Baja mode, but can't get over interior... maybe seat covers?
7. Hate hate hate the sandstone MGV & leather (ONLY WT option) interior choice, how does most expensive package come so limited??? Badlands may be only option, will take the black on black leather.
8. Looking at only LUX electronic package since need all bells and whistles, so lower models out form upgrading.
9. Main reason for replacing Jeep JL, Rubicon, high speeds, at 85+ mph get to squirly for wife and little one, Lux package, hardtop come off in 2 places so don't really need soft top for passengers in rear seat to enjoy toppless.

Thanks for reading, if you made it all the way through... any recommendations beside ordering a new Defender? (Wife will get that one once the 2 year old used ones are not $10k+ more than they were new..)

2ced7d059b3900d0cc41b20bc3c48b55.png

Bronco all white.png

2021-Ford-Bronco-4-door-1.jpg

2021-Ford-Bronco-4-door-2-2.jpg

9780333_10220980218033816_692335128960859008_n-jpg.jpg

Defender w me.JPG

Disco Dirt.JPG

IMG_6170.JPG
Sponsored

JMB

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All Fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi everyone, had reservation in for years but originally wanted a Bronco 'my way' realizing after 2+ YEARS that will not happen: White Wildtrak, 2.7 Sas, white matching painted hardtop, white/grey interior as originally prototyped, hence I have been waiting for years hoping 'next year they might have it'... wrong. Got the email stating use it or loose it so need help.

Goals & Issues:
1. I am in Northern Nevada and use my jeeps and defenders for mainly desert roads (not a big rock crawler even though I've 30 minted form Rubicon).
2. Family now with 8 years old and mainly are 'easy' to at most 'intermediate' trails since we are alone exploring, so do not need and really do not want front disconnect in Badlands.
4. I have always liked ARB bumpers since my spec was if I hit a 400lb deer I can still drive away, (and had on my Disco II) want the new Bronco ARB front and rear bumpers (as just posted the other day, beautiful but wonder how heavy?) so do not really need more expensive steel bumper upgrades, since they will be replaced. Really want a winch, but not 24/7, would like bumper that has trailer hitch on front (tow package on back) and can carry winch (on mount) when going off road since really best for 'self' recoveries from front OR back... easy to use a kinetic strap with others around.
5. Usually replace rims and tires, could go either way here since at least 35s out of gate.
6. Like the HOSS suspension, afraid new bumpers would need heavier springs to stop nose diving at every light (like Disco II had with heaviest springs that old fit). This also make me want WT even more with the HOSS 3.0 for the desert Baja mode, but can't get over interior... maybe seat covers?
7. Hate hate hate the sandstone MGV & leather (ONLY WT option) interior choice, how does most expensive package come so limited??? Badlands may be only option, will take the black on black leather.
8. Looking at only LUX electronic package since need all bells and whistles, so lower models out form upgrading.
9. Main reason for replacing Jeep JL, Rubicon, high speeds, at 85+ mph get to squirly for wife and little one, Lux package, hardtop come off in 2 places so don't really need soft top for passengers in rear seat to enjoy toppless.

Thanks for reading, if you made it all the way through... any recommendations beside ordering a new Defender? (Wife will get that one once the 2 year old used ones are not $10k+ more than they were new..)
That is exactly what I would do, if I were you.

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The need for the Lux package kinda limits your options. Maybe Badlands Sas Lux would be your best choice here. Outerbanks probably not gonna cut it, and above Badlands things get a bit more "specialized" if you will. Some of the Katzskin interiors I have seen on this forum have been impressive, which may solve some of your issues.

Stxflyer

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks Sas Lux Tow Leather
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 2 cents, Grab an Outer banks with Lux, Leather, and the 2.7. Mod the bumpers tires and suspension however you want. Ride fast and in style!
FWIW, the interior options were why i went with the OB trim. I did get Sas upgrade, but if had it to do all over i would order the exact same truck. The Leather interior sold it for me, and i do not regret it!

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs