Sponsored

Utterly Shocked! Reserved in Aug, Build Date Nov!

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sweet! I am in the 2-door fiasco group. Just talked to my dealer who said 22' order banks won't open until December 1st, at which point he'll contact me. I asked about my email from ford stating September / October. He was adamant it will be December. I might be able to pay cash when I finally get this thing. :LOL:
Sponsored

OP
OP
dcaero

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't think it's anything random or glitchy. Just still the case that a soft top gets you a Bronco a year earlier than a similarly equipped hard top ordered at the same time.
Code words for expedited orders - Soft Top

(with apologies to the 2dr people out there)
It's really the only thing that makes any sense at this point.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmmmmm- I reserved in early august this year, went to my dealer to order right after and I can’t even get my order confirmed by Ford! 2.7 BL SAS Soft top without tow. I’ve been given various reasons (excuses) but here is someone else who not only gets his order confirmed, but gets a build date! I seriously have no idea what is what with this roll out.

Congrats to the OP- enjoy your OBX!

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hmmmmm- I reserved in early august this year, went to my dealer to order right after and I can’t even get my order confirmed by Ford! 2.7 BL SAS Soft top without tow. I’ve been given various reasons (excuses) but here is someone else who not only gets his order confirmed, but gets a build date! I seriously have no idea what is what with this roll out.

Simple, you should have opted for TOW. They are all being built with it and now they have to remove it from yours, lol

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lol....ok

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Simple, you should have opted for TOW. They are all being built with it and now they have to remove it from yours, lol
And just because one opts for softtop and it gets built doesn't mean it gets shipped. 17 days after blend and they ran out of convoy trucks to run 5 hours east

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't speak to whatever your dealer is up to, but we think MAP does batches of similarly equipped Broncos together, right? So it's entirely feasible that an August 2021 reservation soft top OBX could get pulled for production before an August 2020 reservation soft top BL, for example. Simply because they were doing a batch of OBX ragtops, and got all caught up. [I don't know if they are grouped by trim... that's just an example.]

Once Ford gets caught up on Dirt Mountain, First Editions, and already-delivered MICs, the soft top may cease conferring this kind of advantage. Until then, it's still the one major thing you can do to expedite your Bronco.

OP
OP
dcaero

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
IMG_20210916_123757.gif

Dealer Allocation still seems to play a big factor
Except my dealer told me their 2021 allocation was full and I'd be getting a MY2022. But maybe they said that without the MIC vs soft top difference.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You ordered Aug 2020 or Aug 2021?

I watched the bronco release live way back when but wasn't ready for a new car. Finally decided to make a reservation in August and did my order right after. Dealer told me to expect 12-18 months. Just this morning I got the email! I'm shocked. My dealer even told me their allocation had been reached for 2021 and I'd be a 2022!

OBX SAS, soft top, 2.7, high package, tow...I feel like I landed smack dab at the end of a rainbow's pot of gold and am totally bewildered!

Ford Bronco Utterly Shocked! Reserved in Aug, Build Date Nov! IMG_20210916_123757

Sponsored

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Peeps probably getting them early because it’s most likely based off dealers allocations and not your reservation date. And the soft top bs.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Looks like they are caught up on soft tops for MY21....
Sponsored