Sponsored

Utterly Shocked! Reserved in Aug, Build Date Nov!

jbryant

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's that soft-top magic that continues to work. Simple matter of commodities. Congratulations!
I don't think so. I've got the same build with a soft top but in Oxford White. I have a reservation backing early August of last year and I still don't have a vin. I even changed my order to a soft top in April this year!
This is extremely frustrating.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dcaero

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't think so. I've got the same build with a soft top but in Oxford White. I have a reservation backing early August of last year and I still don't have a vin. I even changed my order to a soft top in April this year!
Wow, dang that really sucks. I feel like I have survivor syndrome of sorts where I'm only kinda happy but feel bad for everyone else...

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Except my dealer told me their 2021 allocation was full and I'd be getting a MY2022. But maybe they said that without the MIC vs soft top difference.
Yeah who knows at this point. I'm just salty because I'm 99% sure now I'm gonna get bumped to 22 and lose my color

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If yours is the same build (incl. packages) it's got to be dealer allocation, right? OP's dealer either didn't understand what his allocation numbers meant, or someone ahead of OP in the dealer's line 99'ed or switched a buildable Bronco to an unbuildable one.

OP
OP
dcaero

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If yours is the same build (incl. packages) it's got to be dealer allocation, right? OP's dealer either didn't understand what his allocation numbers meant, or someone ahead of OP in the dealer's line 99'ed or switched a buildable Bronco to an unbuildable one.
Yeah thats most likely what happened. It's jsut a sign of the whole madness that they told me 12-18 months and then I got a build email 1 month later.

Sponsored

AZBaseSquatch

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm a little confused on the Aug of 2021 order, as I thought the order window was closed and we needed to wait until it was open again in October (or out to December??)

OP
OP
dcaero

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm a little confused on the Aug of 2021 order, as I thought the order window was closed and we needed to wait until it was open again in October (or out to December??)
That Aug order declaration came about a week or so after I put in my order.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Code words for expedited orders - Soft Top

(with apologies to the 2dr people out there)
I would not be surprised if they can build every soft top order they have now, by the end of Jan.
Partly because there are not that many soft tops and the soft tops have a near unlimited supply. Also a lot of people want to see the options for a 22.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
WOW... Some things just don't fully make sense. I'm looking for almost that exact build. OBX-SAS-2.7-HIGH-TOW.... Crazy how the dealer you chose likely made all the difference. My dealer has thousands of reservations, not going to see an order for a while.

Sponsored

jdbronc

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500 High Country
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Congrats! Happy for you yet disgusted at the same time. I'm a 7/14 res with a lot of the deadly sins. No VIN for me yet!

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
ABSOLUTELY!

I'm very early reservation (7/14/20) and only build difference between OP's and mine is Lux vs. High and I didn't opt for Tow. If it isn't allocation, WTF?
Maybe also closeness of competitors? A while ago it was discussed on here that proximity to a Jeep dealership might factor into the mix as well. Guess I'm lucky that the Jeep dealer is less than a mile away from my Ford dealer.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The anger is not towards the lucky few, but to the ones that misled us.
Sponsored