First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We have alot of very smart engineers in the workforce these days. Tell me if Ford designed a Ecoboost/hybrid 3.6 liter V8(based on 2.7 V6) that made 415hp/530tq would yall be happy. If it pulled 25mpg avg that would be pretty sweet. I mean its not like all these motors are in anyway as much fun as old SBF or BBFs. Its all computerized and optimized. The fact that the Hellcats stuck around as long as they have is quite amazing. We should feel lucky.
Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well for those holding out hope for a V-8 Bronco, the writing is on the wall, it may never happen. Dodge is throwing in the towel on their muscle car V-8's by 2023.

Dodge Hellcat V8s to die in 2023 due to government fines

We can assume the Jeep 392 V-8 will closely follow it into oblivion. If you want a new V-8 off-roader you may only have two choices?
1) Buy a Jeep 392 V-8 soon.
2) Buy a V-8 crate motor and retrofit your Bronco.
The Hellcat engine is totally different then the 392 and is horrible on gas. The 392 actually has an MDS system that turns off 4 cylinders and it runs as a 4 cylinder while at stops and cruising on the highway.

So I don't see it going away as fast as the Hellcat. Which is why they only announced Hellcat getting cut.