Sponsored

V8 HEMI 392 Jeep Wrangler production model announcement teaser. Will Ford answer with V8 Bronco?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco / Wrangler battle is getting intense and is on like donkey Kong!

I might have just sabotaged my Bronco reservation by watching the 392 reveal.

I have an FE and WT (backup) reservation and hate both interiors. Late availability modular top, lack of interiors has me on the cuff now.

Jeep offering 300 accessories, wheels, lifts, etc... Throw some 35s with a lift on the 392 - hot damn that baby is going to look good!!!

Don’t get me wrong I’m obsessed with the bronco exterior and it looks fuckin fantastic but the 392 has SWAG!!!

This is going to be a fun time watching these two brands outperform each other!
It already comes with 2” lift and with the rubicon flares you can fit 35s.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am curious as to what axles the 392 Jeep will run. The standard Rubi has a very light duty version of the Dana 44. Those are not going to hold up to V8 horsepower and torque. Crawling in 4-Lo at that power level is going to destroy axles.

The Bronco Warthog & 392 Jeep are two completely different tools for two very different jobs.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All of these new models are coming out in the next few months...Not in a year or year and a half. They definitely want you to cancel that reservation.

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beyond a stretch how? Name all the things the Base Rubicon has over the Base +Sasquatch Bronco. And I guarantee the Base +Sasquatch Bronco has more where it counts. Only thing it has really is the Sta bar disco. If I cared about that I'd go Badlands. The Bronco is better in ever other way for the money. From the better Frame, IFS, 11.6 clearance, 35" Tires, Aluminum body, Goat modes, better advanced 4x4 system, much nicer interior, better 8.4 touch screen with more tech, better top system with more open air space, more interior room, mirrors stay on the vehicle, doors come off easier, and I'm sure there's a bunch I'm missing.
Sure, but if you build up a base to have Sasquatch package four doors V6 engine rock rails steel bumper etc you're at $45,000. This is right in line with entry level Rubicon pricing.

I do agree with you that Bronco is a better value at that price point, but there isn't a big difference when you equip them similarly.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think its pretty funny that people have been asking for a v8 jeep for years and they never did anything about it. Why now? I'm glad they are listening, but it took a Ford Bronco to make them listen. They finally realized that there are a couple hundred thousand people out there that wanted something different...

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think its pretty funny that people have been asking for a v8 jeep for years and they never did anything about it. Why now? I'm glad they are listening, but it took a Ford Bronco to make them listen. They finally realized that there are a couple hundred thousand people out there that wanted something different...
just like it took the Bronco for Jeep to actually release relo brackets for the mirrors that were removed from the doors.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I watched the 392 Jeep release. Notice they didn't mention the price? I'm sure it will be ridiculous.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sure, but if you build up a base to have Sasquatch package four doors V6 engine rock rails steel bumper etc you're at $45,000. This is right in line with entry level Rubicon pricing.

I do agree with you that Bronco is a better value at that price point, but there isn't a big difference when you equip them similarly.
$45k I just built my Base plus Sasquatch 2.7 and it came out to $36k then plus options $38k.

Sponsored

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought they did a poor job on the release video for the Jeep compared to the bronco. I am glad to see a v-8 but the gas mileage will be very poor and axels will be breaking from all that power. Nice to see them step up to the plate instead of just sitting back to see what happens with the bronco.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought they did a poor job on the release video for the Jeep compared to the bronco. I am glad to see a v-8 but the gas mileage will be very poor and axels will be breaking from all that power. Nice to see them step up to the plate instead of just sitting back to see what happens with the bronco.
No one buys a wrangler for gas mileage. I dont even look or care what my wrangler gets. My giant f150 is more fuel efficient than both my wrangler and the wife’s grand cherokee.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No one buys a wrangler for gas mileage. I dont even look or care what my wrangler gets. My giant f150 is more fuel efficient than both my wrangler and the wife’s grand cherokee.
No one? We just bought the diesel a couple weeks ago and one of the reasons was gas mileage. We got 26mpg and that’s including 40 miles of off and on in low range wheeling it. Almost as much power as my 392 power wagon but twice the mileage.
Sponsored