Sponsored

V8 HEMI 392 Jeep Wrangler production model announcement teaser. Will Ford answer with V8 Bronco?

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I do not understand why Jeep has the Grand Cherokee holding the 5.7L hostage in their lineup. If they put it in the Gladiator or Wrangler, I probably wouldn’t be seriously looking at the Bronco.

And yea they’ll probably charge a boat load for the 6.4L.
Yeah it is going to be interesting to see how things play out. Ford is still absolutely dominating the pickup game with the ecoboost engines. I don’t see them ever putting a coyote in the Bronco due to how fuckhuge it is. But the 6.8 pushrod that’s rumored for the mustang and F-150 would be interesting...

Still a Chrysler.
*Fiat-Chrysler-Peugeot which are 3 things that people think about when imagining maximum reliability ?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Literally doesn’t matter if the price isn’t reasonable. If it’s a $10k option then ?‍♂

They should have done the 5.7 and had it be reasonably priced. The take rate would be insane.

Edit; just out of curiosity, checked the charger page. To move from a GT charger to a scat pack is $8500. And the main difference is the engine with some cosmetic stuff. I’d expect the Jeep to be similar.
Why would you want a slow ass 5.7 in a Jeep? No thanks. Also, uh you’re comparing a V6 to a 392 V8. You’re not just getting the engine, you’re getting suspension and many other upgrades for that price.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing like the 392!! I just got back from a romp on the fun pedal, it’s never a bore.

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If Jeep was smart, they would release pricing before Bronco order banks open up.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why would you want a slow ass 5.7 in a Jeep? No thanks. Also, uh you’re comparing a V6 to a 392 V8. You’re not just getting the engine, you’re getting suspension and many other upgrades for that price.
The 5.7 in a Jeep would be just about perfect. 395 HP and over 400 ft-lbs would be just fine, especially compared to the current bogged down options.

And yes there are minor changes throughout, but from what I can see going from the GT to the scat pack(base MSRP no options) includes the engine and some minor stuff, just like it will to go to the 392 in the wrangler. I’d expect it to be similar if not the exact same $8500.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 5.7 in a Jeep would be just about perfect. 395 HP and over 400 ft-lbs would be just fine, especially compared to the current bogged down options.

And yes there are minor changes throughout, but from what I can see going from the GT to the scat pack(base MSRP no options) includes the engine and some minor stuff, just like it will to go to the 392 in the wrangler. I’d expect it to be similar if not the exact same $8500.
Yeah, I suppose it wouldn’t be as slow in the Jeep as it is in the Challenger lol.

Brakes, suspension, modes, it’s just different. The GT mustang is $9,210 for the V8 option and the Scat pack is $8,900 more than the GT. But yeah it’ll be a $8K upgrade, I don’t think that’s absurd, it’s a niche car, it wont be adopted by the masses. The warthog will likely be 58-60K. I expect the 392 Jeep to probably be about 60-62K.

I’ll tell you this though. The first guy that buys one and hits a wet road hitting the gas is going to crap his pants when the car squeals and slides sideways. The 392 is a got damn monster of an engine. It’s seriously my favorite thing in the world, it’s unbelievable to drive.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it supposed to be an option on the Rubicon? Or is that not known, yet? I really want a Bronco, but I really want a v8. This is killing me.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FCA when bronco was revealed

CDB49F4A-B642-4258-A4F9-F0D7D0DE3938.jpeg
I was going to say this is a *classic* Mopar move.

Consumer: “Hi, yeah... We have some serious concerns with the suspension and death wobble... not to mention the tech is outdated and the roofs leak.

Jeep: “DeRp iT’s GoT moRe PoWeR nOw JeEp Go FaSt POWER POWER V8 is So MAny V’s!!!! aND LOUD do you hear IT?! AMERICA”

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The frame on the jl already can’t handle the engines they have without reinforcement. Right after you buy it you’ll have to dump $12,000 in axels as the 44’s just wont handle that power and that’s with doing the work yourself.
pretty cool to have a v-8 so props to them. Just seams like they didn’t put much thought into it.
Sponsored