Sponsored

V8 HEMI 392 Jeep Wrangler production model announcement teaser. Will Ford answer with V8 Bronco?

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why does the ecoboost look like a mess?
The final production engine will have a plastic cover over it and be much more tidy.

Here's the '19 Ranger Ecoboost
Ford Bronco V8 HEMI 392 Jeep Wrangler production model announcement teaser. Will Ford answer with V8 Bronco? 360918_2019_Ford_Ranger
Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just happen to find this video while watching some YouTube. The new Jeep fails horribly at a small overlap crash test. I hope the Bronco does better.

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've seen ads like that on Facebook too. In particular for the Gladiator. Except Rubicon and Mojave trims of course lol.

Sponsored

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm guessing more like 75K
75K is probably still on the low still one low side, when you consider after market conversions run north of 100K. I bet the sell out as soon as they make the available.
While I agree jeeps prices are high for what they are, I do kinda doubt a 392 wrangler will be 75k plus. I mean I'm sure they'll hit that with options and/or dealer markup, so ya might regularly see that price on stickers once(if) it hits dealer lots, but base bare bones price I'd say $62 is probably closer. Reason why, Durango and Grand Cherokee both have the 392 for around that price. Yes completely different vehicles to the wrangler, but both also have the same 3.6 engine as the wrangler for similar price points to the wranglers.

Wrangler rubicon(4 door) starts at $42k down to a Sport at $31, Grand Cherokee starts at $34 and goes up to a trim thats $56k with the 3.6 engine. Durango with the 3.6 highest trim starts at $46 and low at $30. So all across the board, they have fairly close price points for the 3.6 engine. If they made a Wrangler 392 cost $75-80k, it'd be way over the price of any other 392 vehicle and then you're also almost in Trackhawk territory, as well as the 2021 durango hellcat.

Aftermarket conversions are also not a good comparison, ton more work to remove a powerplant, put in another, and make everything work right rather than a manufacturer to just build it like that to start with. But even those can be had for much much cheaper than 100k unless you're adding other upgrades that you would be paying for on a wrangler even without the engine swap. Seen more than one shop listing JL/JT conversions to 392 for around $30-35k(installed price). So if you pick up a Sport, you're in it for around $65k, a rubicon $75-80k. Anything over that is you adding the cost, not the engine conversion(or just markup for someone selling one). Factory should really be cheaper, but I doubt they'll have a "sport" trim with a 392,. So still rubicon should be under $75k base, otherwise can buy a rubicon and have the swap done aftermarket for same or cheaper price.

Last edited:

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why does the ecoboost look like a mess?
That's pre production. It will be cleaned up in the production models and have a nice engine cover. With that said Fords engines have always been sort of a rats nest of cabels, hoses and wires compared to other engines.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I couldn't care less about throwing a V8/Hemi into a Jeep. I equally don't care about a V8 in a Bronco. Tuned turbos are always a better bang for the buck. Not to mention Jeep is notorious for over-pricing their performance equivalents. Hell the Jeep SRT is a solid 20k more expensive than a top of the line Summit. Reminds me of the 1990s and the SRT10 RAM. Yeah it was cool, nobody actually wanted one.

Sponsored

Mr Big

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think jeep will always be the better off-roader just simply due to the vast aftermarket mods that you can do pretty easily. If you don’t plan on flexing out in the rocks all the time though, I think/assume the Bronco will be a lot better than Jeep.

The only real competition Jeep has had in the last decade was the FJ cruiser & Xterra. We know what happened to them. That’s why I like that the Bronco & Ford actually have some history and already a solid base of enthusiasts.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A V8 Wrangler is sure to cancel some Bronco reservations, especially those already spending $60kish on a Bronco.

Ford should have anticipated this with at least a 3.5 and MANUAL transmission for all engines.

My 2door Basemansquatch will be $38k OTD so its in a different category in my opinion.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am sure a V8 Wrangler would sell well and take some sales from the Bronco. People are not rational (me included). I had and loved my LJ. Great I6 motor, good 6sp and very capable off road. Mine was very reliable as well. I would only have a Jeep again if it stayed year round at the cabin or was a complete third “toy”. It ate tires a bit (solid axles tend to if they are tuned to steer reasonably well), jumped half a lane when hitting MI potholes at any speed above 25mph, was loud (32” BFG M/T ?) had terrible “pill box” view, total crap seating position and after a couple of hours on the freeway I was ready for a break. The new models are lipstick on a pig. V8 for a huge price increase to get a bit more HP and the same torque as the 2.7, while getting considerably worse has mileage? Too much weight over the already stiffly spring solid axle? Ugh. Some will love it, some will want a vehicle that drives and rides well while having excellent off road chops. That’s my hope for the Bronco and why I tried and said no thanks to the last two generations of Jeep that still ride and drive like crap, but for a lot more $. For me, the V8 would be the definition of silk purse from a sows ear. Plus the Bronco looks so much cooler ?

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On November 17th Jeep is introducing a new vehicle. It's highly anticipated that it will be the Jeep Rubicon with the v8 Hemi.

My thoughts are it will be cool but way too expensive knowing how Jeep is with their prices. So it's a non factor for me as of now.

IMO the 2.7 twin turbo v6 Eco boost has plenty of power pretty similar to a v8 especially with the tune for waaaay less money.

My Bronco 2 door build with Base + Sasquatch+ 2.7 and Auto and other extra goodies comes out to $38k. Jeep can't and won't compete with that. https://moparinsiders.com/jeep-announces-it-will-unveil-a-new-vehicle-on-november-17th/
This isn't a war... Jeep has a solid front axle!

/s
Sponsored