NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
This actually a factory test rig now? Would be sweet if it forces Fords hand..... (unlikely, I know)

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/07/v...totype-is-here-to-rain-on-the-broncos-parade/
This is the only thing that could keep me out of a Bronco, someone finally offering a V8 open top SUV would take care of exactly what I’ve asked for for so long. I don’t even care about peak power output just the feel of smooth linear power through the entire rev range, that amazing sound, that perfect displacement.

If FCA actually does this I will be on cloud 9.

Unfortunately that’s a big “if” So for now I will continue course on the Bronco until such time this is certain.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds good and grand but that'll be a pricey little machine

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With Jeeps vague steering and wandering front end we are going to see a lot of these wrapped around trees if they get produced.
Any idiot could do that with half the engine. No doubt there will be a bunch of morons driving big tired Broncos who aren't used to the dynamics of that kind of vehicle who crash it. It won't be the vehicles fault in either case.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sounds good and grand but that'll be a pricey little machine
No reason it has to be outlandishly expensive the SRT 392 Charger can be had in the high $30k range brand new, not saying we can expect that from the Wrangler but this would definitely become a large portion of sales if they wanted it to.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No reason it has to be outlandishly expensive the SRT 392 Charger can be had in the high $30k range brand new, not saying we can expect that from the Wrangler but this would definitely become a large portion of sales if they wanted it to.
It doesn't matter what it costs to make, it will be priced at whatever Jeep can sell it for. The other 392-equipped SUVs start at $63k (Durango) and $70k (Grand Cherokee). I'll eat my hat if the 392 Wrangler starts under $50k.

Though it'd be hilarious if they offered a V8/stick option. Really shove it in Ford's face.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have you driven a V6 EcoBoost before?
Yes I had a 2.7L F150 for over 60k miles, which included a turbo failure and multiple oil pan leaks. I was thoroughly underwhelmed by its performance.

Ive also driven a couple 3.5 eco boosts that were much better power wise but Still did not have that linear V8 power.

I don’t see the purpose of the EcoBoost, fuel economy is not any better in my experience than an equally powered N/A engine, and power is dependent on keeping the engine in boost.

I want my cake and I want to eat it too.

Sponsored

fomoco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
deathmobile
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lipstick on in a pig. I guess squeezing in a bigger engine costs Jeep less than actually designing a better vehicle. Maybe I'll just stick a "V8" badge on the back of the Bronco, no one whould know better. But I do hope for a 2.7 tune package from Ford Performance when the Bronco is launched.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It doesn't matter what it costs to make, it will be priced at whatever Jeep can sell it for. The other 392-equipped SUVs start at $63k (Durango) and $70k (Grand Cherokee). I'll eat my hat if the 392 Wrangler starts under $50k.

Though it'd be hilarious if they offered a V8/stick option. Really shove it in Ford's face.
I would expect it above $50k myself but I think some people are getting really wild by guesstimating $80k+

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is the only thing that could keep me out of a Bronco, someone finally offering a V8 open top SUV would take care of exactly what I’ve asked for for so long. I don’t even care about peak power output just the feel of smooth linear power through the entire rev range, that amazing sound, that perfect displacement.

If FCA actually does this I will be on cloud 9.

Unfortunately that’s a big “if” So for now I will continue course on the Bronco until such time this is certain.
And a manual

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
And a manual
That would be nice, and I would certainly option for it in this theoretical vehicle, but unless Tremec redesigns the TR6060 or new Tremec 7 speed to work with a transfer case I don’t think we would get that fortunate.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Here lies the beauty of being a Ford man.. I can see articles like that and say Eh... who cares, because at the end of the day, it's still a Jeep. And like some have already said, maybe it'll push Ford to drop a V8 in the Bronco down the road... Now that I'm behind 100%.

But if you look at the target markets for both of these vehicles, I don't think the V8 crew is that big of a share. So go for it Jeep, and Ford, follow suit, drop a V8 in a SUV that's actually worth having!
Sponsored