Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As some of you may know I just sold my 69 stingray convertible to offset the cost of the 2 door MIC Bronco, which I later learned I may never get. Despite my bitterneess with the delays, a guy in Germany bought the vette. I was trying to have some extra keys made for him and went into a GM dealer as the old key blanks are very hard to find. The guy working there had just come from Ford and had driven a Bronco in Texas. He said he heard very solid rumors that they may put the V8 in it next year. I told him no, they are putting the 3.0 in the Warthog, he was aware of that but said he heard they were still looking at the V8. That would make all the delays worthwhile if I could get a nicely tuned V8. Is that speculation still out there?
Sponsored

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm down, but would that monster even fit? So to speak

Last edited:

bronconagurski

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 corvette and 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just sold my '19 Stingray to pay for my '22 Bronco that I have a reservation for and I hope this rumor is true. I like V8's.

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Godzilla engine is a push rod engine. Thus it takes up less space then the current modular Coyote V 8 made by Ford. It most likely could fit in the current Bronco. However, if Ford gets 400 hp from the 3.0 six, why would they bother with a V8? Don’t get me wrong, I would be first in line for a V8 Bronco, but I don’t think Ford will opt to go that route. BTW, Ford recently put forth a super charged Godzilla that produces obscene HP and Torque numbers. It may be offered as a crate motor, though some speculate a possible Super Duty option.

https://fordauthority.com/2021/05/s...-hits-over-1000-horsepower-on-the-dyno-video/

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Godzilla engine is a push rod engine. Thus it takes up less space then the current modular Coyote V 8 made by Ford. It most likely could fit in the current Bronco. However, if Ford gets 400 hp from the 3.0 six, why would they bother with a V8? Don’t get me wrong, I would be first in line for a V8 Bronco, but I don’t think Ford will opt to go that route. BTW, Ford recently put forth a super charged Godzilla that produces obscene HP and Torque numbers. It may be offered as a crate motor, though some speculate a possible Super Duty option.

https://fordauthority.com/2021/05/s...-hits-over-1000-horsepower-on-the-dyno-video/
We make a supercharger kit for the Super Duty w/ the Godzilla. They make real nice powaa with some boost added.

Sponsored

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 Badlands, ‘23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As much as I love the Coyote, it is not the right engine for the Bronco. Pushrod engines make their torque at low RPMs, where it would be used in the Bronco. The cross section is narrower, and should fit without major modifications to the compartment. My personal preference would be an aluminum small block, to avoid the excess weight of an iron block. Will it happen, only with cubic dollars thrown at an aftermarket specialty manufacture.

BroncoBilly17

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have heard there will be a Raptor R, which will get the 5.2L Supercharged Predator engine currently found in the GT500.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd assume they will need to beef up the suspension for the extra weight of a heavier V8 engine? Will that extra weight make crawling more difficult?
Sponsored