Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@WuNgUn did you get yours in the end? If so how is it treating you?
Sponsored

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@WuNgUn did you get yours in the end? If so how is it treating you?
Yeah, I have my 2 door rack mounted...
I've had everything on it except my RTT. Seemed a little sloppy between the rear slots so I bent in the outside "grabbers" by 2 degrees and put a layer of Flex Seal tape where it contacts the roof.
Where the inside/rear plates are s'pose to pinch the roof mounts, there is a sizable gap there. I was told there are large production variances in the MIC top (which I believe!). I would like to figure out a way for those pieces to be more secure.
As far as their announcement not to use the rack until they deliver the new, updated parts... And the 5 week delay from when it was s'pose to go on sale, my summer holidays have been ruined...
I have 2 long weekend trips planned left for August. I hope I get the new parts before then!

Apart from all that, the rack itself is versatile AF. The 6 extruded crossbars make it like a roof platform... Maybe even more so as you can change the positions of the crossbars themselves.
My awning I was able to mount straight onto the side rail without the heavy, cumbersome Yakima mount. Quick fist type mount for my shovel straight into the other side rail.
I'm currently making a solar shower/lamp hanging mount outta some 8020-type extrusion, a pivot plate and a height adjustable lever. It'll mount straight into a crossbar channel. 👍

TahoeTexan

Outer Banks
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, I have my 2 door rack mounted...
I've had everything on it except my RTT. Seemed a little sloppy between the rear slots so I bent in the outside "grabbers" by 2 degrees and put a layer of Flex Seal tape where it contacts the roof.
Where the inside/rear plates are s'pose to pinch the roof mounts, there is a sizable gap there. I was told there are large production variances in the MIC top (which I believe!). I would like to figure out a way for those pieces to be more secure.
As far as their announcement not to use the rack until they deliver the new, updated parts... And the 5 week delay from when it was s'pose to go on sale, my summer holidays have been ruined...
I have 2 long weekend trips planned left for August. I hope I get the new parts before then!

Apart from all that, the rack itself is versatile AF. The 6 extruded crossbars make it like a roof platform... Maybe even more so as you can change the positions of the crossbars themselves.
My awning I was able to mount straight onto the side rail without the heavy, cumbersome Yakima mount. Quick fist type mount for my shovel straight into the other side rail.
I'm currently making a solar shower/lamp hanging mount outta some 8020-type extrusion, a pivot plate and a height adjustable lever. It'll mount straight into a crossbar channel. 👍
Very interested to see your shower setup.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very interested to see your shower setup.
For sure! Check it out...
Test fitting the custom camp shower! (and/or lantern holder) to the Bad Mule...

MjY=
Sponsored