William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
I’m very confused about the value of the BL and now even more the OB. First things first I am an ignorant 4X4 so if I’m missing something, this where you all come in.

Im attempting to assign a value to each trim to see what is the best for your money.

Based on 2 door:

Outer Banks: $40,450
Badlands: $43,590
WildTrak: $50,370

First things first I’m mildly confused about the suspension. On one page of the comparison it says the BL gets “unique suspension with front stabilizer bar disconnect.” Tbh I have absolutely no idea what that means. But on the 2nd page it says that the BL and WT both get the bilstein suspension standard. So which is it? Is it “unique” or is it the same as the WT? I know the BL gets the rock crawl so obviously something is going on there I’m not sure of.

Moving on...

I took the trims as best I could and assigned them a value based on the parts we know about and their theoretical survey cost.

Outer Banks has $3,200 is add-ons. Mid, Auto and tube steps. Body colored flares are not an add-on to me.

Badlands: $2,650 in add ons. Bash plates, rock rails, switches, steel bumper, auto 4X4 (only $200 doesn’t seem right) and electronic locking axles

WildTrak: $13,200 in add-ons. Modular hardtop, switches, mid, Sasquatch, auto, 2.7, auto 4X4, electronic locking axles

I deducted the add-ons from the price:

OB: $37,250
BL: $40,940
WT: $37,170

The Wild Trak is by far and away the best deal here. For $80 less than OB you get at the very least the upgraded axles. You get a better base vehicle for less money. You can upgrade most of this but there’s really just no point.

The BL is $3,770 more than the base WT and really all you get is the vinyl seats and the rubber floor as things you can’t add to the WT. For 4K? This is where the suspension questions come in. Are they the same? Different?

Adding everything to the BL the WT has makes it $55,790 and the WT is $51,270 with steel bumpers, Bash plates and a fancy hood graphic.

So for $4,520 you get rubber floors and vinyl seats?
Sponsored

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In on this thread for the flood of responses. Let me get some popcorn!

Just right off the bat you’re leaving off the disconnecting sway bar and you’re discounting that the badlands already has almost all of the Sasquatch package that’s in the wild track, minus the wheels and tires. The suspension difference you’re struggling with is that part. The badlands comes with it standard. The wildtrak has it because it is part of the Sasquatch package that is included with wildtrak. (Which we do not yet know the price on. Just survey pricing as estimates.)

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am having the same dilemma... deciding between Badlands and Wildtrak. I think it really depends on what functionality and options you want at the end.

I eagerly await B&P to get a clearer picture of these two built to how I want them. I think it will be much easier to decide at that point.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The BL unique suspension with front stabilizer bar disconnect means it has the stabilizer disconnect and has more articulation for rock crawling than the Wildtrack . Mainly due to that and having 33's as the standard tire and doesn't have the bushing that limits wheel travel that the wildtrak has . I think the bash plates are heavier in the BL and it comes standard with the rock rails also .

Sponsored

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not getting the same pricing as you.

If you go with my build: 4-door, 2.7L auto, Squatch, Luxe, Towing, Hard Top:
A Badlands MSRP is $58,385.

If you take a WildTrak, same build, add in the modular front bumper and bash plates, you come out to $57,765. A difference of $620.

That $620 extra has pros and cons:

Pros: Rock rails, sway bar disconnect, marine vinyl & washout
Cons: MIC top instead of black modular top

I'm sure I'm missing other extra features the BL has, but either way, nowhere close to ~$4,000 just for vinyl seats.

Chris

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am having the same dilemma... deciding between Badlands and Wildtrak. I think it really depends on what functionality and options you want at the end.

I eagerly await B&P to get a clearer picture of these two built to how I want them. I think it will be much easier to decide at that point.
i think the steel rear bumper is leaning more to BL. The way I read it, you can get the modular steel on the front for the WIldTrak, but the rear is still plastic.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i think the steel rear bumper is leaning more to BL. The way I read it, you can get the modular steel on the front for the WIldTrak, but the rear is still plastic.
Yep... I saw that in the flyer. I've also read that you get the steel rear bumper on the Wildtrak if you upgrade to the front steel modular (not official though).

That would be annoying if I can't get the rear steel bumper on the Wildtrak (even as an option).

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In on this thread for the flood of responses. Let me get some popcorn!

Just right off the bat you’re leaving off the disconnecting sway bar and you’re discounting that the badlands already has almost all of the Sasquatch package that’s in the wild track, minus the wheels and tires. The suspension difference you’re struggling with is that part. The badlands comes with it standard. The wildtrak has it because it is part of the Sasquatch package that is included with wildtrak. (Which we do not yet know the price on. Just survey pricing as estimates.)
Okay. Well, that’s why I asked the question.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Add another $2500 to the Badlands options for the partial Sasquatch
That’s the part that made no sense to me and I knew something was missing. I used leaked survey pricing so clearly this is not official in anyway. The WT just seemed like a much better deal when looking through the options.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
B&P Cannot come soon enough!

There are several question I have, but they are all Badlands options.
I plan to do moderate rock crawling and really want the armor and articulation.

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not getting the same pricing as you.

If you go with my build: 4-door, 2.7L auto, Squatch, Luxe, Towing, Hard Top:
A Badlands MSRP is $58,385.

If you take a WildTrak, same build, add in the modular front bumper and bash plates, you come out to $57,765. A difference of $620.

That $620 extra has pros and cons:

Pros: Rock rails, sway bar disconnect, marine vinyl & washout
Cons: MIC top instead of black modular top

I'm sure I'm missing other extra features the BL has, but either way, nowhere close to ~$4,000 just for vinyl seats.

Chris
You might be including tax? I removed tax as it’s location dependent and just wanted the base price before tax. I’m just using someone’s configurator from here so maybe one of ours is wrong. Or are you using the 4 door pricing?

The difference I saw was the BL had bash plates, rock rails, front bar disconnect, rubber floor, vinyl seats and the steel bumpers.

WT has basically every other option.

Edit: I saw you put 4 door now. That’s the difference.

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
B&P Cannot come soon enough!

There are several question I have, but they are all Badlands options.
I plan to do moderate rock crawling and really want the armor and articulation.
I know lol. I’ve gone from I want a BB to an OB to a WT is an exceptional value!!

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You might be including tax? I removed tax as it’s location dependent and just wanted the base price before tax. I’m just using someone’s configurator from here so maybe one of ours is wrong. Or are you using the 4 door pricing?

The difference I saw was the BL had bash plates, rock rails, front bar disconnect, rubber floor, vinyl seats and the steel bumpers.

WT has basically every other option.

Edit: I saw you put 4 door now. That’s the difference.
Yep. Correct. I forgot to put in 4-door in my original description. My bad.

Chris
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.