First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There seems to be a lot of interest in the OEM Soft Top, but very little information as to what prices people are settling on.

I've seen only one transaction at $500, which seems cheap... Someone said that replacing the windows alone would cost more than that.

What are your thoughts? I'm thinking $750-1000 is a fair valuation.

(I realize that the value is technically whatever someone is willing to pay, or sell for, but I'm hoping the forum members are fair with each other.)
Sponsored

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There seems to be a lot of interest in the OEM Soft Top, but very little information as to what prices people are settling on.

I've seen only one transaction at $500, which seems cheap... Someone said that replacing the windows alone would cost more than that.

(I realize that the value is technically whatever someone is willing to pay, or sell for, but I'm hoping the forum members are fair with each other.)
are you looking to buy or sell?

OP
OP
Jhuff

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
are you looking to buy or sell?
Sell. I already have a local member with a loose verbal agreement (for after delivery), but no price yet.

I figure the more information available, the better for everyone.

Nateandapril

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands non Sas Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I’m selling, I probably mark it at 1200-1500 if it’s new, with no damage. I think that these are going to be a hot commodity because while it is a cool design and better than the Jeep counterpart, there are still some fail points that I can see will be a problem. Mostly the quick release clasps will fatigue pretty quickly and the rear window hard plastic corners will break at the tab end or they will get folded in on the soft clear window and cause damage by either etching or denting the clear plastic.
By folding the soft top only half way back you don’t have to take out the windows but you’ll still have stretching of the top and windows due to inflation at driving speed.

In short these are consumable items and supply is tight

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As I recall the dual top option was like $1700, so half that is $850 (half is what a pristine and new take off should go for in my opinion, however after some use, I could see it dipping $100 lower, so $750-$850 seems a fair price to me.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Being a young "take off" market for the Bronco, prices are hard to figure right now. However, folks like you are helping the prices to normalize. I know that doen't help you now, but it will help all later. I think one of the biggest problem is that there are a great many folks that have dropped the MIC for the soft top to get therr Bronco sooner. That could drive the market price down if there are a lot of soft tops for sale later down the road.

This is a very good Jeep forum. Maybe check out the "Member Marketplace" on this forum. It could give you an idea of what Jeep soft tops are selling for, and help you with the price of yours.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/general-jl-jlu-wrangler-discussions.2/

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If I had a MIC top and wanted soft top, I would definitely pay $1,000 for an essentially-unused soft top. Even slightly more.

Any aftermarket option will be double that or more.

Problem is that I want MIC and have soft (well ... I will next month) ... so I'd need a willing seller first :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Jhuff

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I appreciate all of the input, it helped me a lot, and figure I should add my own data.

I finally completed the the pending sale to a forum member today, for $750.

It was a long drive for him and he seemed happy, so I imagine anyone selling local could easily go a little higher.

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I paid $1200 for a 1 year old top with shock assist setup so I could steal my hard top for my ordered Bronco. I felt it was a good deal, as a new aftermarket soft top is $1600. People are dreaming if they think they will buy a soft top for $800, very few people are switching out tops. Try and find a used one.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There were several soft tops being offered over the last year on this forum for around $1000. I seriously thought about snatching one up, just to have as a spare, but my wife vetoed the idea. I suppose if our goes tits-up, we'll just have to settle for a BestTop and not be able to open it all the way...

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a deal to sell one I have for $1200.
Sponsored