Skyjacker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Monster Truck
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What do you guys think the value of Bronco's will be a year from now? Do you think they will plummet?
Sponsored

Jayhawker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I anticipate my Bronco will be worth around sticker next year and around 85% 3 years from now with normal mileage. I expect no increase in value from any after market options.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
plummet to normalcy... Recession is incoming.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah it will be a mute point when the recession hits. I will imagine any resale value would be even with the Jeep. Not really sure why this is a point of concern for people.

This is not financial advice but if you want an investment DO NOT BUY A CAR AS AN INVESTMENT. Hell at this point in life even investing your money is going to incur short term losses.

All I can hope for is moderate market crash and a well timed 15-20k investment to have me coming out with a paid off house a few years later.

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They will drop. Rates are going to get much higher. I think we will see broncos on the dealer lots at msrp and maybe even 500 bucks off.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Also things to consider is all these "first year" Broncos. Ford definitely doesn't have their act together, and I wouldn't be surprised at the first couple years of Broncos go down as the worse Bronco Years with all the QA issues.

I haven't even got my Bronco delivered yet and the Value has already gone down because it's a 2022 model (that will probably get delivered in 2023) and it's a WT pre-hoss.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Competition would also have a big impact on the Bronco resale price. For example, if Jeep revamps the Wrangler, it will become the cool new kid and will take demand from the Bronco. I understand Jeep comes out with a new Wrangler around every 10 years but it now has competition.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The value will start to normalize when the reservation holders have been clear. Then it will be open to new orders and all dealers can start to have stock on their lot. Not clearing reservations has set artificial demand and is why, at least in part, you are continuing to see ridiculous demand and prices. It is part of the reason FORD is in no hurry to clear those reservations. The other factors that others have listed are in play as well. It's not just one thing. If you aren't waiting 800 days like myself and others, then I would certainly hold out another year and you'll likely be able to go to any lot and actually shop and negotiate.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I don't know, Jeeps have been out a few years now, what are their resale values like? I don't see supply catching demand for at least 2 more years. Markups might drop, but I don't think they go away entirely unless its on low-optioned models.

Sponsored

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So goes the car market so goes the Bronco market. I think the Bronco will stay on the high side of whatever the market turns into, just like jeeps have always been.

If in Ford discontinues ICE engines sooner than later, things like 2 door Broncos might see a spike. People like to pay big money for their toys, and 2door Broncos will be a hard toy to find.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Competition would also have a big impact on the Bronco resale price. For example, if Jeep revamps the Wrangler, it will become the cool new kid and will take demand from the Bronco. I understand Jeep comes out with a new Wrangler around every 10 years but it now has competition.
I've always lived the looks of the Jeeps, but not the overall driving experience especially
as a daily driver.

Will they even do it ? I bet they're in a wait, and see mode right now. The Jeep has gotten long in the tooth with its platform, it's been due for a revamp for a while.

The Bronco is gonna run circles around the Jeep interiors, and overall ride quality for a while I think.

The little exterior details that make the Bronco such a winner as well are places Jeep could make some easier changes.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So goes the car market so goes the Bronco market. I think the Bronco will stay on the high side of whatever the market turns into, just like jeeps have always been.

If in Ford discontinues ICE engines sooner than later, things like 2 door Broncos might see a spike. People like to pay big money for their toys, and 2door Broncos will be a hard toy to find.
If the new super duty and 24 mustang are any indicator petrol power ain't going anywhere soon. Besides an election cycle or two could change the whole push for ev's anyway.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Continued rising prices are going to keep residuals high.

I have a brand new 2022 somewhere; it's already worth $3k more just from the Midyear price increase, the 2nd midyear price increase, and the MY23 price increase.

I am 100% convinced the Ford will have another 2023 mid-year price increase as well.

Longer term, 2-doors and Stick Shifts will hold value much better than a 4-door OBX. Just like with Jeep and Mustang buyers, the folks who want a stick simply won't settle for an automatic, so after a few years, the MT vehicles demand more on the used market.

Long lead items (Badlands/Wildtrack) will hold value longer as well. Even once Ford eventually catches up on customer orders, those will be constrained.

Last edited: