Sponsored

VB Base 2.3l Auto Arriving 10/23 (?) Adding the needful things.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Happening as soon as can.
  • "Wildpeak A/T3W 265 /75 R16 116T SL RBL" Picked for weight/cost, keeping the steelies $191 ea. $1,183.18 for 5 mounted and balanced Discount Tire (Tires purchased) 41 lbs. each, yes, that is an SL sidewall, but I'm a trail rider and will do limited crawling when necessary. 31.42"
  • I have found the HOSS suspension from an upgrader. and will be adding the Sasquatch shocks and control arms. $1000 Waiting on seller
  • Steel Full Body Bash Plate For Vehicles with Modular Front Bumper, For 2 Door $695.00 Accessories.ford Ordering from dealer
  • Step Bars Tube Steps, 2 Door $595.00 Accessories.ford Ordering from dealer
    (Will order from my dealer if he will match discounted prices from other dealers, that is...)

Planned, but not available
  • Intercooler, charge pipes, air intake from Mishimoto. They just got their bronco, so who knows when products will be available.
Planned, but maybe, maybe not.
  • Possible paint scheme to match my old two-tone '79, but may just go with a Visco vinyl stripe/cowl decal (Rather that be my Mishimoto money.)
  • Roof Rails with accessory rack with sides. Dang that's spendy!
Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Steel Full Body Bash Plate For Vehicles with Modular Front Bumper, For 2 Door $695.00 Accessories.ford Ordering from dealer
My BaseSasquatch Modular bumper came with Bash Plates that extend to the front of the transmission. Also, the 2 door has a plate covering the gas tank. You might want to look at what you get for the $695. I don't think it's full body and some plates may already be on your factory build.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My BaseSasquatch Modular bumper came with Bash Plates that extend to the front of the transmission. Also, the 2 door has a plate covering the gas tank. You might want to look at what you get for the $695. I don't think it's full body and some plates may already be on your factory build.
I'm looking at this too. With the 2 door BB I'll have the gas tank and front axle skids, don't think I'll need the front steel, so I just need the transfer case skid when it becomes available from parts.

OP
OP
andrusoid

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for that. Yeah, I think your plates are a Sasquatch thing. I am plain ol' Base. Not a rock crawler, just want something down there. ADD's aluminum one look good, but have to spring for the bumper also.

Not sure about the gas tank, either, but "Each skid plate features an all-steel construction that's topped off with a powder coat finish to keep it protected from corrosion in practically any climate or application. The skid plates protect your Bronco's front differential, steering rack, engine oil pan, and other key driveline components from damage over rough terrain or from obstacles out on the trail."

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm looking at this too. With the 2 door BB I'll have the gas tank and front axle skids, don't think I'll need the front steel, so I just need the transfer case skid when it becomes available from parts.
Part # MB3Z5D032D ( $695 ) covers-
" 2-door kit covers the front, engine and transfer case "

If you have the factory Modular, you already have most of this kit. As you noted, just need the transfer case plate.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Part # MB3Z5D032D ( $695 ) covers-
" 2-door kit covers the front, engine and transfer case "

If you have the factory Modular, you already have most of this kit. As you noted, just need the transfer case plate.
I search Ford parts for the number once in a while, with no luck yet. If someone comes upon individual PN let us know.

Also, it seems all come with the axle/engine plate. Does anyone know if theey are heavier with the optional set up?

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I search Ford parts for the number once in a while, with no luck yet. If someone comes upon individual PN let us know.

Also, it seems all come with the axle/engine plate. Does anyone know if theey are heavier with the optional set up?
Steel Full Body Bash Plate for Vehicles with Modular Front Bumper 2Dr ~ MB3Z5D032D-Installed (ford.com)
So my factory plates look like these ( less the transfer ). As you said they cover to the back of the engine. My guess is that they are least 16 gauge steel ( 1/16" )

OP
OP
andrusoid

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

• "Wildpeak A/T3W 265 /75 R16 116T SL RBL" Picked for weight/cost, keeping the steelies $191 ea. $1,183.18 for 5 mounted and balanced Discount Tire (Tires purchased) 41 lbs. each, yes, that is an SL sidewall, but I'm a trail rider and will do limited crawling when necessary. 31.42"
  • I have found the HOSS suspension from an upgrader. and will be adding the Sasquatch shocks and control arms. $1000 Waiting on seller
  • Steel Full Body Bash Plate For Vehicles with Modular Front Bumper, For 2 Door $695.00 Accessories.ford Ordering from dealer
    (Will order from my dealer if he will match discounted prices from other dealers, that is...)

• Intercooler, charge pipes, air intake from Mishimoto. They just got their bronco, so who knows when products will be available.
  • Possible paint scheme to match my old two-tone '79, but may just go with a Visco vinyl stripe/cowl decal (Rather that be my Mishimoto money.)
Forgot to add speaker upgrade to Polk Marine DB402s(4 4") and DB652s (2 6.5").

Sponsored
OP
OP
andrusoid

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Delivered 10/28 as in today. I am in the cloud of belief (drove it home) vs. disbelief (up to you). Wildpeaks tomorrow. Bilstein HOSS action delayed to February as my B6G angel has delays on his fancy ass new suspension running into Feb. 2022 - but that is still happening. Waiting on bash plates, steps, rear table, and retro Visco stripes from Dealer, but will be getting a $150 discount off those, hopefully next week. And did I say that my dealer has stuck with me from the get go and honored their (his) $500 discount off of MSRP. Yes he did.

OP
OP
andrusoid

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Arrived on schedule on 10/28. Just got the Falkens put on this morning. Waiting on steps, plates, decal and shelf.

OP
OP
andrusoid

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's Oswald, chief cook and bottle washer for the epic Hermitage Cafe in Nashville. Opens at 7pm and closes about noon, the next day. All the late nighters and musicians end up there in the wee hours. Closing forever on Dec. 1st (this Monday). Probably to make room for condos. Another one of the reasons everyone is moving to Nashville, gone forever. Pretty sad, but at least now he gets a vacation to do all the crap he's been wanting to do, see the southern lights, etc. Also the host of Cookin' and Cussin' with Oswald.

Ford Bronco VB Base 2.3l Auto Arriving 10/23 (?) Adding the needful things. 6443D573-FE1E-4DFA-BCDD-0D8CEA464F22

Ford Bronco VB Base 2.3l Auto Arriving 10/23 (?) Adding the needful things. 27DDD880-894C-4117-9105-A1001ECFD2CB

Ford Bronco VB Base 2.3l Auto Arriving 10/23 (?) Adding the needful things. MyBroncoVB_retrostripes

One day soon. Picked it up 10/28, right on schedule. Got the Falkens on it this morning, done by O 8 thirty. Then? Breakfast with Oswald at the Hermitage.
Sponsored