First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Been reading discussions on accessories and easy access personal items walking away when parked, the usual advice is tie and lock everything down.

I’m curious if there’s any solution the oem/aftermarket is offering to convert the vehicle’s 360 system and assortment of sensors to turn on and record bursts of customizable length (10sec, 20sec, 30sec...) when motion is detected on a preset perimeter...and a warning decal like “Smile, you’re on camera.”

I know there are numerous aftermarket in-car add-on cameras but I’m thinking of a cleaner solution by utilizing what’s already on the vehicle.
Sponsored

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ask an alarm installer if that is a possibility. Otherwise a locked vehicle is covered under insurance. I never leave valuables in my Bronco. (y)

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why do I seem to recall something about a perimeter alarm system? Where did that go?

Skmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Jaguar F-TYPE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also anyone else think its a little short sighted that they made this a push to start. I know alot of guys when they go out on hikes will leave their keys locked in the glove compartment or somewhere like that so they dont have to worry about losing them on the trail. When it becomes a push to start anyone can just hop on in and start the car regardless where the key is located. I know this a unique situation but definitely seems like something they should of thought about.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With push to start, the vehicle will not lock with the key in the vehicle. It locks the doors (w/proximity turned on) when the transponder is a certain distance from the vehicle. For hikers, they will have to figure out a place to carry the fob or a place away from the vehicle to hide/stow it. ;)
No jokes about prison purses on places to carry/stow the fob.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With push to start, the vehicle will not lock with the key in the vehicle. It locks the doors when the transponder is a certain distance from the vehicle. For hikers, they will have to figure out a place to carry the fob or a place away from the vehicle to hide/stow it. ;)
Depending on how smart the vehicle is, and how it is set up to operate, you may be able to lock the vehicle while you're in it, get out, and then manually lock the driver's door.

By not utilizing the electric lock functionality it bypasses that safety feature.

(I do this pretty often in emergency vehicles that I have a spare key to, so I can secure them and walk away with them still running.)

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My practical experience is with the CFO's 2014 Fusion. No door lock knobs and if you try to lock the doors with the button, you can hear them unlock again.

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With push to start, the vehicle will not lock with the key in the vehicle. It locks the doors (w/proximity turned on) when the transponder is a certain distance from the vehicle. For hikers, they will have to figure out a place to carry the fob or a place away from the vehicle to hide/stow it. ;)
No jokes about prison purses on places to carry/stow the fob.

Actually you can lock the fob in the vehicle. Do it all the time.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My practical experience is with the CFO's 2014 Fusion. No door lock knobs and if you try to lock the doors with the button, you can hear them unlock again.
The Bronco looks like it has a mechanical lock flipper, which gives me hope.

Ford Bronco Vehicle Security/Anti-theft system preproduction-4-door-bronco 3

Sponsored

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not a fan of security systems. My new Ford Tremor was recently broken into and it was super close to being stolen. With modern fords you can get inside and get the door keypad code off the Fuse panel then take the car out of security mode which allows them to re program a key on the spot. In my case they failed at the last step, I think because its a 2020 and they couldn't program it yet. To prevent this from happening again built a shield to block my horn from being unplugged like they did and had a ravelco system installed. Its basically a plug that you stick anywhere in the vehicle that doesn't let the vehicle be started in any way. Its worth every bit of the $500 it cost me. It looks like on the bronco the horn is located inside the fender so it can't be tampered with easily, a louder horn would be great security.

OP
OP
KJR50

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Alarm system is just more noise and limited what it does, where bystanders usually just ignore. Pervs can still grab and run, like removing something bolted to the outside like fuel jugs or gears. They will get away with whatever they're willing to risk. Videos will be another level of security, ability to share with local area law enforcement, insurance, club/forum/board.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why do I seem to recall something about a perimeter alarm system? Where did that go?
Yeah I was counting on this...but nobody talks about it so I worry it is not even "available" anymore.

Of course it could have been a piece of junk.

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Old thread, but I have a lot of questions about theft and security. Not wanting to start squabbles about location, but I’m worried about everything that’s been discussed already. I’ll likely leave the top off or have a soft top on. But I’ve had doors stolen off a Jeep parked in my driveway.
Someone referred to this for ignition cut out, but I have no experience:
https://nohotwire.com/anti-theft-protection-for-jeeps/

I’ve seen these for Jeep doors, but it’s not clear if something similar could be made for the Bronco:
https://www.justforjeeps.com/82215100-82215101.html

There’s also the “perimeter alarm” in the accessory list, but I can’t find anything about it. Does anyone know anything about this alarm or have any experience with these other products?

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is offering certain models with a 7-MT security device. You can opt for it, but late availability with the 2.7 or Sasquatch.
Sponsored