De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm with op and their original thought. I really want 360 video surveillance to monitor for door dings etc. I got tagged by a coworker a while back but could never prove it, even though paint color/height etc matched up. Either way I will be getting some form of video video monitoring asap. Sure would be nice to have it factory integrated like tesla!

Ironjamzz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm with op and their original thought. I really want 360 video surveillance to monitor for door dings etc. I got tagged by a coworker a while back but could never prove it, even though paint color/height etc matched up. Either way I will be getting some form of video video monitoring asap. Sure would be nice to have it factory integrated like tesla!
Don't know if this has been mentioned but I thought that I read the console and glovebox do lock. We got that going for us.

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure how the perimeter alarm works, but the order guide list it as standard on all models.

Ford Bronco Vehicle Security/Anti-theft system 1611794581858

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not a fan of security systems. My new Ford Tremor was recently broken into and it was super close to being stolen. With modern fords you can get inside and get the door keypad code off the Fuse panel then take the car out of security mode which allows them to re program a key on the spot. In my case they failed at the last step, I think because its a 2020 and they couldn't program it yet. To prevent this from happening again built a shield to block my horn from being unplugged like they did and had a ravelco system installed. Its basically a plug that you stick anywhere in the vehicle that doesn't let the vehicle be started in any way. Its worth every bit of the $500 it cost me. It looks like on the bronco the horn is located inside the fender so it can't be tampered with easily, a louder horn would be great security.
Were you the one on the tremor forum that had to replace an exterior door handle?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't know if this has been mentioned but I thought that I read the console and glovebox do lock. We got that going for us.
No you dont. I would never lock anything in my jeep center console. Id rather them open it up then pry the thing open which would be very easy to do.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hereā€™s some ideas for folks coming from a wrangler owner of 7yrs who has never once locked his jeep and lived in both FL and CO. I may or may not have these installed on or in my vehicles:

- perimeter sensor alarms work if adjusted correctly (ex. Have your doors off and someone sticks their arm into your Bronco, alarm is immediately triggered. Should keep cats and squirrels out after the first trigger).
- tuffy under the seat or inside center console lockboxes
-2-way aftermarket alarm (alarm fob rings, vibrates, lights up when alarm is triggered)
-gps tracker hidden within the vehicle
-manual starter disable toggle switch
-hood latch lock, this way this deters them from getting to the battery
-you want to store your key fob in the Bronco while hiking (which I don't recommend), then get a faraday key box or pouch. That way, they cant get in and press start and go. They would need to find the key first, remove from the box/pouch in order to

-make it an inconvenience for them so they move on to another vehicle.
-if they want your Bronco bad enough, theyā€™ll show up with a flat-bed
-dont leave valuables inside your vehicle
-if you have a soft top on, keep your doors unlocked. You would rather someone open your doors and find nothing than slash your windows. Replacement windows are not cheap.
-you add something to the vehicle, use security bolts. People will steal everything from d rings, winch remotes, snatch straps, winches, bumpers, rock rails, fender flares, spare tires, seat covers...you name it.
-good insurance

Someone tried stealing my neighbors giant 2020 tundra parked out front at 3am. He would leave his key in his center console. They snapped the door handle to get in, started his truck (which is loud), but the guys couldn't get the truck into drive. Idiots didn't think that they had to shut the driver door in order to it to be placed in drive. I walked out at 330 to leave for work and his truck is running with the driver door open, his custom sub/amp enclosure removed and the guys gone. My cameras picked up th

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Been reading discussions on accessories and easy access personal items walking away when parked, the usual advice is tie and lock everything down.

Iā€™m curious if thereā€™s any solution the oem/aftermarket is offering to convert the vehicleā€™s 360 system and assortment of sensors to turn on and record bursts of customizable length (10sec, 20sec, 30sec...) when motion is detected on a preset perimeter...and a warning decal like ā€œSmile, youā€™re on camera.ā€

I know there are numerous aftermarket in-car add-on cameras but Iā€™m thinking of a cleaner solution by utilizing whatā€™s already on the vehicle.
PROTECTED BY VIPER...STAND BACK.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Old thread, but I have a lot of questions about theft and security. Not wanting to start squabbles about location, but Iā€™m worried about everything thatā€™s been discussed already. Iā€™ll likely leave the top off or have a soft top on. But Iā€™ve had doors stolen off a Jeep parked in my driveway.
Someone referred to this for ignition cut out, but I have no experience:
https://nohotwire.com/anti-theft-protection-for-jeeps/

Iā€™ve seen these for Jeep doors, but itā€™s not clear if something similar could be made for the Bronco:
https://www.justforjeeps.com/82215100-82215101.html

Thereā€™s also the ā€œperimeter alarmā€ in the accessory list, but I canā€™t find anything about it. Does anyone know anything about this alarm or have any experience with these other products?
Wondering the same. It's on the list. Now, what is it?

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm probably going to get a battery disconnect installed that can be activated on the auxiliary switches.

OP
OP
KJR50

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
PROTECTED BY VIPER...STAND BACK.
Had that back in the day, both cars (civic and accord still gone) shattered glass on the sidewalk, useless.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Had that back in the day, both cars (civic and accord still gone) shattered glass on the sidewalk, useless.
Should've put real vipers in your car?
Sponsored