First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You probably already know this by now but your much bigger issue will be finding a home around here. Very low inventory and very high demand. Be ready to make a quick decision and offer if you plan to buy a home.

Good luck and welcome to the area!
Very true. We've been talking to a realtor already and it seems that things have slowed down a bit. Luckily we're not in that sub $500k price range where things seem to be crazy. We've identified a number of houses that we love that are sitting for a week or two before getting accepted offers. We're ready to move quickly, we have a MASSIVE down payment and have been pre-authorized for up to $1.8m already lol. At this point, I've bought and sold 5 houses (we used to own rentals) so we're decenly experienced.

Our plan is to move into a furnished executive rental until we find a house, hopefully, in a couple of months - this will give us time to learn the areas. Looking at Cherry Creek, Sloan Lake, Lakewood areas thus far. My wife's job is in Centennial and I'll be accepting a fully remote offer by next week.
Thank you for the warning though - I'm ready to get this over with and be settled! And the good news about the crazy market is that our current house will sell VERY quickly and we'll cash out big time. There's nothing in the local market in our price range, they get bought within days if not hours. Maximizing our equity here will help as we're about to at least double our house price.
Sponsored

djbuff303

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '07 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looking at some older 4Runners I could drop $5k on, throw on some AT's and be happy with. I do also LOVE the idea of an XTerra.
I love the 2007 Xterra I bought for my son. It's an awesome vehicle and good ones still sell very well in Colorado. Be aware that some 2nd Gen Xterras had issues with radiator leaks into the transmission - just have that checked out if you find one. https://www.ncconsumer.org/news-art...itions-for-radiator-defect-investigation.html

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Very true. We've been talking to a realtor already and it seems that things have slowed down a bit. Luckily we're not in that sub $500k price range where things seem to be crazy. We've identified a number of houses that we love that are sitting for a week or two before getting accepted offers. We're ready to move quickly, we have a MASSIVE down payment and have been pre-authorized for up to $1.8m already lol. At this point, I've bought and sold 5 houses (we used to own rentals) so we're decenly experienced.

Our plan is to move into a furnished executive rental until we find a house, hopefully, in a couple of months - this will give us time to learn the areas. Looking at Cherry Creek, Sloan Lake, Lakewood areas thus far. My wife's job is in Centennial and I'll be accepting a fully remote offer by next week.
Thank you for the warning though - I'm ready to get this over with and be settled! And the good news about the crazy market is that our current house will sell VERY quickly and we'll cash out big time. There's nothing in the local market in our price range, they get bought within days if not hours. Maximizing our equity here will help as we're about to at least double our house price.

All good areas but I will say the drive from Sloan's Lake/Lakewood to Centennial will get old. 1 hour each way during rush hour. Littleton/Highlands Ranch and Centennial are all great areas you should consider as well!

OP
OP
cardinalsfan

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All good areas but I will say the drive from Sloan's Lake/Lakewood to Centennial will get old. 1 hour each way during rush hour. Littleton/Highlands Ranch and Centennial are all great areas you should consider as well!
Yup, those are all on the list. The type of house we want is going to be the limitation more than the neighborhoods.

hoffmanity

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Deville, 92 Pathy, 82 SR5 Pickup, 96 Vette GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love my Nissan - it's old, but unique and reliable as hell. Near impossible to find anymore though. Probably depends on what your personal preferences are. Let us know what you get!

OP
OP
cardinalsfan

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wanted to update everyone - after looking at our finances and seeing how things could play out, it's better for us to move up there with 1 car. So I'll be selling my Tacoma before we move and I'll replace it with something up there if needed.

Thanks for the help though - opened my eyes to a bunch of vehicles I hadn't thought of!
Sponsored