First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Velocity Blue is not available on the Ford web site "colorizer" yet, but all the other selectable icons have two different "shades". What is intended by the color "split" on these icons?
Ford Bronco Velocity Blue Bronco WILL be available, as late availability color colors
Sponsored

Red Mountain Pass

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1968 Buick Riviera GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Edited for clarification:

Velocity Blue WILL be available, but it will be a late availability color. It will probably be a couple months after the initial launch. So probably early summer 2021 before you start seeing the color available for purchase.

Reason: While Ford already produces Velocity Blue paint on almost all other vehicles, and could mass produce the Bronco in Velocity Blue right from the start of production, the Marketing Department decided this strategy was the best course of action to maximize interest and profit.

wxsquid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Velocity Blue is not available on the Ford web site "colorizer" yet, but all the other selectable icons have two different "shades". What is intended by the color "split" on these icons?
Ford Bronco Velocity Blue Bronco WILL be available, as late availability color colors
That is Ford's way of doing "in the light" and "in the shade".

What I'm curious about is the extra time when this is already a color on the Mustang, and MY15-20 F150s. (Not sure if it was on the 21 list).

Then&Now

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Infiniti Q60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have been wondering the same thing. Thanks for asking as I meant to. Hope someone has some insight on this.

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

colors.png
They're not two shades, it just makes it look more appealing on the web. Apple adds these to the iPhone as well:

Ford Bronco Velocity Blue Bronco WILL be available, as late availability color ple-iphone-5s-space-gray-3d-model-max-obj-1024x768

Sponsored

Then&Now

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Infiniti Q60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is Ford's way of doing "in the light" and "in the shade".

What I'm curious about is the extra time when this is already a color on the Mustang, and MY15-20 F150s. (Not sure if it was on the 21 list).
Interesting! + good to know!

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
BroncoBoy & 618Ashley....what's the source of the blue....do you know if its a photo or just a CGI color swap? thanks

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

BroncoBoy & 618Ashley....what's the source of the blue....do you know if its a photo or just a CGI color swap? thanks
I actually don’t know. I just assumed everything is all CGI/Photo shop till the day they all roll off the assembly line. I’m still hoping Area 51 comes out more green. That’s what I wanted in the first place.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If it was this one here
Prolly out of the same barrel they use for Raptors:

Ford Bronco Velocity Blue Bronco WILL be available, as late availability color 1595105176581

Would really pop with a white top...but not horrible with black either

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Velocity Blue WILL be available, but it will be a late availability color. It will probably be a couple months after the initial launch. So probably early summer 2021 before you start seeing the color available for purchase.

Reason: It was a very late addition to the color palette. Because of this, all of the usual complexity management, sequencing, sourcing, etc. is happening later than the other colors, hence why it is late availability. Adding a new color isn't as simple as it seems.
Thanks for letting us know, how much influence did Bronco6g have on the decision, what with us asking repeataly for fun bright colors or our March poll where it had the 2nd highest number of votes?

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/i-know-it’s-a-topic-but-vote-for-your-color.1129/

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

May have to do Cyber orange if its a 6 month or so wait. Still crazy the closest thing to "Ford blue" wont be available at launch.
Cyber orange aka school-bus yellow. :)

Sorry, hasn't looked orange to me, which is fine actually.

Broncogang

Wildtrak
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you guys think we’ll get a dark Ford blue color?
Ford Bronco Velocity Blue Bronco WILL be available, as late availability color 1595107417088
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.