First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Me: I do not care for really bright blue trucks. Also Me: Damn, that looks good.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know anymore...I was all in for OJ white and now I'm liking VB, but I had bad luck with a blue mustang and it made me gun shy. Someone tell me superstitions are silly!

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi all!

Velocity blue has been one of the few remaining colors still yet to be seen assembled on an actual Bronco. Instead of colorizing a different color Bronco like usual, I took the blue body frame photo itself and warped it on top of the 2 door concept rig image (best matching angle I could find).

Hope this helps anyone get a little more realistic view of Velocity Blue on the Bronco :)

velocityblue 2 door Bronco.jpg

MIC Gray top version:

velocityblue 2 door Bronco MIC gray top.jpg

Original Body Frame photo I put on top of the image above:

2021 Bronco Velocity Blue painted body sample.jpg
TRD his is one of a few colors that actually look ok with the MIC top.

Tphw2020

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bronco Sport Special Launch Edition, limited to just 130 units, was also made available in an exclusive color – Arctic Gray. Looks like a cool color!
Ford Bronco Velocity Blue Imagined on 2 Door Bronco 1604771329079

Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Funny thing about that picture, we were in Florida enjoying jet skiing and we hit a super shallow area and clogged up the water intake. That picture was a selfie as we were being towed back in! ?

R-E-L-A-X

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just saw Velocity Blue on a new F-150 at dusk and it looked really bad. I love blues but not this blue. I'll check it out under full sun but I think I'm out.
First a shout out to Broncie. REALLY nice job there. But I do have to agree with Austin. I have always loved blues and was set on VB as my color. Then I stopped at the local lot and checked it out on the F150, Escape, and Explorer. I was thinking it would be more LB. There's a definite difference and I decided it wasn't a shade that appealed to me. I strongly suggest anyone considering VB to stop at a lot.

bgmort

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Here's my take on what VB will look like. The OP's seems a little dark to me – I think the source picture of the painted frame is a little darker than the photo on the trail, so it affects the perceived color. For this, I started with a color grabbed from a carefully chosen spot on the photo of the frame, stuck it in my colorizer, and then adjusted manually until it look accurate when compared to the Mustang and F150 photos, so it is subjective, especially since I haven't seen the color up close in person, but I think it's close. And for comparison, here's the same angle in B&P.

Ford Bronco Velocity Blue Imagined on 2 Door Bronco vb-bronc

Ford Bronco Velocity Blue Imagined on 2 Door Bronco vbb

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Here's my take on what VB will look like. The OP's seems dark – I think the source picture of the painted frame is a little darker than the photo on the trail, so it affects the perceived color. For this, I started with a color grabbed from a carefully chosen spot on the photo of the frame, stuck it in my colorizer, and then adjusted manually until it look accurate when compared to the Mustang and F150 photos, so it is subjective, especially since I haven't seen the color up close in person, but I think it's close. And for comparison, here's the same angle in B&P.

Now do the shadow black roof!

The colors look good! Not sure why this doesn't work for more people. Velocity adjacent to Lightning.

Ford Bronco Velocity Blue Imagined on 2 Door Bronco comparison 2

Ford Bronco Velocity Blue Imagined on 2 Door Bronco Screenshot_20180714-191815_Instagram

Velocity in daylight, looking silvery.
Ford Bronco Velocity Blue Imagined on 2 Door Bronco Velocity-Blue-Mustang1

bgmort

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Now do the shadow black roof!
I'm a programmer, not a photoshopper (okay, I'm a half decent photoshopper, but it's time consuming, and ANGTFT). If you can find me a pair of shadow black photos to start with, I'll do it.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm a programmer, not a photoshopper (okay, I'm a half decent photoshopper, but it's time consuming, and ANGTFT). If you can find me a pair of shadow black photos to start with, I'll do it.
Sadly the only image i've found was the CGI image ford provided on the option in the pre-release site before B&P went live. The CO one.

bgmort

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Coincidentally, I decided to put in the work to support colorizing multiple things in an image, and did that yesterday. That required doing some photoshop (gimp, actually) work as well to get some source images to work with. I've really outdone myself this time – I'll be posting about it on the forum once I feel like it's done, but feel free to take a look now. You can only do it one the one BD image, plus shoddily on one other, but the results are impressive. I have some preset top colors, or you can customize your own.

Check it out: https://colorizer.mortensoncreative.com/
Sponsored