First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
If we use the Broncos as intended, they should be the color of DIRT.
I am not going to worry about the undercoat to dirt, whether it be a quad coat hologram school bus yellow cyber velocity Syracuse orange blue with a MIC gray top.

OP
OP
fzracer484

fzracer484

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Base
The most frustrating thing of it all is that they aren't even that good compared to the batteries I've had in the past. Like everything else it seems you're paying more for slightly less performance or reliability. I happen to be a teacher too, so good luck to your wife. 20 years in myself.

Automotive battery prices have gotten ridiculous. Try Costco. (I'm typically not a fan of paying a yearly fee to shop somewhere, but my wife is a teacher, and got a discounted membership.) Last month I bought a new Interstate battery there for $85. Auto parts stores were wanting near double that.

ScoobyDrew

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The most frustrating thing of it all is that they aren't even that good compared to the batteries I've had in the past. Like everything else it seems you're paying more for slightly less performance or reliability. I happen to be a teacher too, so good luck to your wife. 20 years in myself.
Don't get me started on the cost for new wiper blades.......

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is one reason I am going with A51 over VB. I really like VB and like it more but it will cost more to redo/fix and is not as DIY for any replacement panels. VB is a metallic and you have to watch how you do that or you get a stripe effect. Granted a good body shop should not have an issue but I dont want the hassle. Now if it was a non metallic I might go with it.
That’s why I wish they offered Grabber Blue. Would have been perfect if you ask me.

Sponsored

Engineeredthisway24

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s why I wish they offered Grabber Blue. Would have been perfect if you ask me.
I would have gone Grabber Blue too. Good call!

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would have gone Grabber Blue too. Good call!
Cyber Orange and Velocity Blue almost lured me in, but neither was quite “perfect” for me so I decided the metallics weren’t worth it. I ordered Oxford White, but may change to Cactus Gray just because it’s a little different. Honestly, I’m not really sure at this point. I love Area 51 in the sun, but it gets too dark for my tastes in the shade or bad weather so that’s out.

If I get bumped to MY22, I hope they come out with some brighter nonmetallic colors. Race Red is pretty much it right now, but I’m done with red for a bit because it’s what’s currently on my Jeep.

Last edited:

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Materials alone to respray the rear bumper on my Soul Red Crystal Metallic (Tri+1 coat) Mazda were north of $1,800 (plus sales tax). Spraying requires a different nozzle for the reflective layer due to aligning the flake laterally with the bodylines of the car. Lets just say the door which had to be sprayed (somebody slammed into the car while it was parked in a business park) did not come out perfectly, yet pretty darn close considering the process. Love me some tri-coats, won't be getting one on my Bronco.

Mazda: Taking tri-coats a step further into the cost stratosphere for production cars.....

https://www.repairerdrivennews.com/...crystal-color-might-be-trickier-for-painters/

Ford Bronco Velocity Blue Paint Match Difficulties mazda-Soul-red-crystal-for-2017-CX-5-e1497030350434-1024x545[1]

Also, FWIW, a buddy owns the body shop and he just confirmed he can spray velocity blue without it being a tri-coat. You simply have to double materials costs to get the good stuff, then it's a much more simple spray.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Grabber is a little to bright for me, but I would like to see one as the black plastic may break it up enough. I like the shade of blue VB is just minus the metallic. If we were getting a 2door Cyber Orange would be what we would get but looking at it in a 4 door to us is just not right.

Our last 3 cars have been white so not doing that again. The mustang is black and not doing another dark car. I have had green but never a blue automobile I think A51 is a nice mix of blue and grey or a grey teal shade.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im considering painting the same parts and this is a recent fear I've had.
For parts like that, I would not sweat it.
Close will still look pretty awesome, and unless you tell someone, they probably won't even notice.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was researching Velocity Blue at a painters forum and one comment stuck with me.
Painter was talking to the paint supply guy, who was shocked at how much pearl the mix called for. Said he had never mixed that much pearl into a gallon of paint.

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I found this out the hard way when a rolls royce hit my '20 Tremor in VB. Bodyshop called me and said they had to special order the paint and it took over a week to get.
Is that your truck in the avatar? If so, good on you for driving her hard.

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you plan to frequently touch-up your paint, replace panels, etc. then I agree VB is not the color for you.

Perhaps you would like something in this nice Oxford White?

Personally, I plan to bite the bullet for full PPF on my next rig. Trail rash drives me crazy, but I use my rigs a lot on the trails.

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Grabber is a little to bright for me, but I would like to see one as the black plastic may break it up enough.
Jeep has offered a similar shade called Chief. With painted fenders and top, it is too much, IMO.

Ford Bronco Velocity Blue Paint Match Difficulties 1613740448913

With black fenders and top, I think it looks sharp.

Ford Bronco Velocity Blue Paint Match Difficulties 1613740513869
Sponsored