Sponsored

What eastern state should Ford choose to replace Vermont for the Off-Rodeo driving schooL?

• NY

• MA

• ME

• NC

• RI

• NH

Results are only viewable after voting.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What are you talking about?!? NJ has great mountains...

1_wK7CVdoq8XMVXNSN32FFIQ.png
The New Jersey would like to have a word with you.

Ford Bronco Vermont Off-Rodeo May Be Coming to Suicide Six Ski Area [Update: Nixed by Local Residents] 1618323823807

For those who don’t know - the USS New Jersey is basically the most decorated battleship in the fleet’s history. With updates it saw action over about five decades.
Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you live in Arizona sure, but given that ~55 million people live in the northeaster region I'd say it's a good location. I could do PA but anything south of Jersey would be a PITA
yeah for sure man. I dunno why they didn’t put one in Idaho and then one in like Georgia. You know.... sort of in the four corners with different style terrain types.

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The New Jersey would like to have a word with you.

Ford Bronco Vermont Off-Rodeo May Be Coming to Suicide Six Ski Area [Update: Nixed by Local Residents] 1618323823807

For those who don’t know - the USS New Jersey is basically the most decorated battleship in the fleet’s history. With updates it saw action over about five decades.
I see your USS New Jersey and raise you the USS Rhode Island...haha

40353794413_58ec8266ed_b.jpg

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hopefully there will be a different Northeastern event. Possibly some part of NH or maybe even the Cape
the cape could be fun with the dunes, but they would be dealing with a lot of town land and National seashore land to get enough space to really have fun. I'd think there would be too much red tape with holding something like that on the cape, unless they rent out one of the privately owned islands off of Falmouth ;). I would love it being on the cape though.

I hope they can make VT work though.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i usually don’t like the dismissive ness of the “Karen” talk ... buuuut that’s exactly what’s happening here.

I looked for Pomfret VT on Google maps. The vibrant city of Pomfret is an absolutely nowhere flyspeck of a place. There is absolutely nothing there.

The hell with that lady’s complaints. She sounds like the kind that’s perpetually whining about something.

VT’s loss can be WV’s gain. Put it near the new National park at the New River valley. Go bolster their economy instead.

somewhere near Jim Thorpe PA would also be ideal.
PA - AOAA, FRO or Rausch -
What are you talking about?!? NJ has great mountains...

Ford Bronco Vermont Off-Rodeo May Be Coming to Suicide Six Ski Area [Update: Nixed by Local Residents] 40353794413_58ec8266ed_b
Is there a G.O.A.T. mode for that? -- All lockers + windows up and air on recirc?

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

theres nowhere you could do it in Jersey, not in the hills or “mountains”

you wouldn’t be able to find enough open space. What exists is probably protected watershed or already state or county parkland.
....and the ruts might unearth Jimmy Hoffa.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For another perspective: The roads they're worried about are maintained solely by the residents that need them. No road crews or tax dollars. Just neighbors with a grader (maybe) and a load of gravel bought out of pocket.

A bunch of Broncos heading down one of these after a good rain would leave it impossible to traverse for people that need it and have to pay for it themselves.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For another perspective: The roads they're worried about are maintained solely by the residents that need them. No road crews or tax dollars. Just neighbors with a grader (maybe) and a load of gravel bought out of pocket.

A bunch of Broncos heading down one of these after a good rain would leave it impossible to traverse for people that need it and have to pay for it themselves.
Not contradicting you.... I wonder if part of the permitting process involved rehabilitation of the public spaces. That's not an unusual stipulation we hold companies to in our area when they want to come in (typically film crews). We can usually leverage a net improvement after they're gone.

Though... if the public was so vocally against the Off-Roadeo, I'm going to assume that this wasn't discussed or even propositioned.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
The name of a ship does not correlate to the crappy state it was named after.

There are few things in life that I am truly passionate about. However, there is one thing that I always love to engage in a heated debate about: why New Jersey sucks. I have a list of reasons a mile long and a rebuttal to anyone’s pro-Jersey statements. Founded in 1664 from land stolen from New York, Jersey is called the “armpit of America” for a reason, and I aim to prove why that nickname is so fitting.

Why is New Jersey called “the Garden State”? Because they couldn’t fit “Oil and Petrol Refinery State” on a license plate. Wherever you go, there are refineries, oil derricks and overall filth and stench. While it is true that gas prices in New Jersey are delightfully low, this one positive aspect is greatly offset by the fact that the entire state is one large gas station and consequently smells like fart.

What is the difference between Jersey girls and trash? Trash gets picked up. The few places in New Jersey that are not dedicated to furthering this country’s dependence on oil are reserved for containing garbage. New Jersey has been called “New York’s garbage dump” and referred to as “a giant garbage dump with a mess of highways running through it”. There are more garbage dumps in New Jersey per square mile than any other state in the nation. It’s disgusting, both to see and to smell. Furthermore, that the smell is worsened by the people of New Jersey themselves.

New Jersey is full of wanna-be “Guidos” who regularly bathe themselves in Axe body spray under the false pretense that this will make them smell attractive. Actually, it makes them repulsive. It is absolutely hysterical to observe these guys who think they are the hottest thing since sliced bread. The standard uniform for one of these “bros” consists of tight jeans (often with fancy stitching and/or embroidery) and a striped blue button-down dress shirt with the collar “popped”. Since when did tanning, tweezing eyebrows, full-body waxing, hair that resembles the aftermath of sticking one’s finger in an electrical socket and wearing skin-tight women’s tank tops and lip gloss become “manly”? These people should be sterilized...

After having witnessed such horrifying sights, the standard sane response is to want to flee the state as quickly as possible. However, yet again New Jersey unfailingly demonstrates its suckyness to anyone unfortunate enough to be trapped within its state borders.

More than likely you’ll get lost as you try to leave, due to the lack of signage and crappy planning of the roads and highways. To make matters worse, left and U-turns are prohibited at most intersections! New Jersey loves its jug handles, forcing drivers to turn right before they can turn left. The argument for this is that the jug handles improve safety by decreasing intersection accidents, but I think they are unnecessary. A left turn lane with a left turn only signal on the traffic light would be sufficient, instead of using up all that extra land. In reality, these jug handles can cause more accidents. What happens when someone is driving along, expecting to turn left but instead at the last minute realizes that they have to get all the way over to the right lane? Accidents and road rage from the annoyance and aggravation, that’s what happens. It is ironic that despite their “safety conscious” infrastructure, New Jersey also has the highest auto insurance rates in the country due to frequent accidents and overall crappy drivers.

During your incarceration in New Jersey, you’ll most likely eventually have to stop for gas. Here again more Jersey brilliance is encountered: it’s illegal to pump your own gas. That’s right, self-service is a crime. While it is understood that this was done to create jobs, the least Jersey could have done was to ensure that these individuals were qualified to fuel a car. Apparently when asked to “fill it up with 93-octane” they interpret this as exactly the same as asking for a tank full of 87. I’ve given up on expecting the gas station attendants to actually listen and comprehend the English language, so now I keep a careful eye on these screw-ups to ensure I get what I ask for. How lovely it is that New Jersey has made it necessary for consumers to supervise them to make sure they actually do their remedial job correctly.

Furthermore, once you actually find your way out of the Garbage State and can practically taste the wonderful freedom of escape, you get yet another slap in the face. For the privilege of leaving New Jersey, you are charged a toll! That’s right; you are actually required to have to pay to leave. Every exit, every road and every bridge that leaves NJ is sweetened by the process of handing over your hard-earned money.

“Jersey Pride” is another thing that really bothers me. New Jersey has nothing to be proud about, except its stench. They’re just jealous that they aren’t as good or as pretty as New York. Proud New Jersey inhabitants often ramble on about why they love their state so much, but since their accents are so painful to listen to, their flawed logic falls on deaf ears. Since when has “Jersey” been spelled “Joisey”?

Now, you’d assume that this money was being put to good use, but this would be incorrect. Instead of solving problems that plague the state via toll collections, or possibly repairing some of the poorly integrated roads or replacing jughandles, New Jersey continues to sink to a new level of moral and ethical lowness. Per capita, New Jersey is the richest state in the country (with a lot of that money being mafia-related), but the city of Camden is the poorest in the nation with the highest murder and crime rates as well. They should use some of this money to solve these types of problems, but they don’t, because New Jersey sucks.

Additionally, Jersey steals. The Jets and the Giants home stadium is located in New Jersey, but they are both New York teams! Even worse is that New Jersey claims to own the Statue of Liberty. The Statue is located on Liberty Island, which is in New York, but due to the fact it is located in close proximity to Jersey City, NJ, they consider it theirs. Thieves I say, blatant thieves.

Lastly, after all of these headaches from dealing with the idiocy that is New Jersey, it would only make sense that you’d want to enjoy a drink or a beer to relax and de-stress. If you want to do that on Sunday though, you’re out of luck. That’s right, no alcohol sales on Sunday. This is an absolute travesty, especially during football season. How can they expect sports fans to truly enjoy their games? Damn Jersey...

In conclusion, I feel there is strong evidence as to why you should hate New Jersey. The state, and most of the people living there, are complete wastes of space. It’s smelly and gross and completely illogical. The state dance is the square dance. I think that New Jersey sucks, and you should too.
interesting bit about ellis island

Sponsored

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not contradicting you.... I wonder if part of the permitting process involved rehabilitation of the public spaces. That's not an unusual stipulation we hold companies to in our area when they want to come in (typically film crews). We can usually leverage a net improvement after they're gone.
that's what i would have expected, at a minimum i would think that ski mountains would want money to repair their trails afterward to begin with. i suppose this is where the lack of previous communication before going in front of the town for the permitting bit Ford in the butt for that specific location. they probably could have written in some type of community compensation for repairs that would have appeased some of the community members. I mean I understand the concerns from the community, so some type of fund for conservation or trail repairs wouldn't be all that unreasonable. especially considering there's not really a known # of participants at this time, the # of people going and using the area trail system is an unknown.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model