Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just saw this on YouTube. Soft top looks to weigh about 100lbs... Give or take. Good to know removing alone is not an option...

Sponsored

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Jeep Wrangler JL softop weights about the same. I do it solo seasonally when its removed and stored then the hard top goes back on. Once you have it retracted and any mounting rails and brackets removed, lash the retracted softop with tie down straps. Then you can release the main attach points and it makes lifting it off easier as the weight does not shift and it keeps their bulky weight centered. Plus you can use the tie down straps as a hand hold.

Strongly recommend not placing it or storing in on the garage floor. Use a strong table or bench to place it so you don't stoop down so low. Plus on the floor it can get rodents, insects and dust and that will trash your soft top in one season. Keep it stored high and dry.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a jeep owner who can remove his top by himself in a few minutes. The bronco top is heavy and awkward as you need to lift the frame brackets up a good amount at least 6-8” to clear the tub and then maneuver it around the rear rollbar. Wife and I did it and she struggled because the height of the bronco tub, spare tire height and she works out but is 5’2”.

Sponsored

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just saw this on YouTube. Soft top looks to weigh about 100lbs... Give or take. Good to know removing alone is not an option...

get on the jab

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As a jeep owner who can remove his top by himself in a few minutes. The bronco top is heavy and awkward as you need to lift the frame brackets up a good amount at least 6-8” to clear the tub and then maneuver it around the rear rollbar. Wife and I did it and she struggled because the height of the bronco tub, spare tire height and she works out but is 5’2”.
The beltline of the Bronco is much higher than the jeep. In the Ford video it looks like going straight back is the way to go. I think it is a two person job with either vehicle. Good to know about the height of those involved.
Sponsored