Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This really makes me want an Area 51 squatch.
Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

RockSolid2021

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks pretty easy to me! Ford spent a lot of time engineering this system and it appears they did an excellent job and thought of just about everything. I wonder if they include the wrench and if it has a special pattern, like wheel locks, to minimize theft? Or are you able to keep the doors from manually being opened from the inside when the roof is off. Area 51 looks sooo... good in this video!

I watched the video more carefully and see there is no special lock pattern on the bolts. Does anyone think this would be a good idea or feel that the doors could be easily stolen?

Last edited:

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks BN. I think that these videos are excellent information.
The door system and storage seem to be well designed. I would imagine if someone were to do the removal/re-install a lot, that a right angle drill would make it easier. I cringed when I saw that ratchet going back and forth next to paint.
And yes, the guy in the videos has Bronco street cred. I stumbled on his videos years ago when I was restoring the dash on my '75. Keep up the great work!

Ford Bronco Video: 2021 Bronco Door Removal and Storage On Board - How-To Ryobi Right Angle Drill

Last edited:

west

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 T-Bird, 71 LTD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why would you want to remove the doors again ??

Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the upper hinge bolt goes in from the bottom and the lower one from the top when putting the doors back on. How many of us idiots will get that backwards? Lol.

OP
OP
BroAD

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the upper hinge bolt goes in from the bottom and the lower one from the top when putting the doors back on. How many of us idiots will get that backwards? Lol.
I’m interested in seeing how easy this actually is since I’d like to run doorless as often as possible but don’t want it to be something I just never get around doing... surprisingly I don’t see a lot of Jeep Wranglers run doorless in Florida.

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why in the world would they have a square nut instead of a round nut? I have a wrangler and the doors are annoying as hell to line up as it is, adding the fact that you have to get it at the perfect angle as well is almost cruel.
I’d have to examine it but probably so the flat areas can transfer load in certain conditions. Fully round has a point of transfer but a flat surface you can safely assume the whole area shares the impact. Will make the structure more reliable even when built to a ‘loose’ tolerance.
It’s square because the door hold-open feature is incorporated into the hinges, you need that flat surface for it to work.

On the Jeep you either don’t have one at all (JK) or it’s one of those plunger bars that requires a trip to the dealer if you accidentally let it go inside the door when it’s off (JL).

My impression is that the square nut is stationary, so lining it up won’t be a big issue at all. You just have to remember to come into it at the most open angle, and then adjust it until it seats down onto it.

Way easier than spending the better part of 10 minutes lining up two equal length door pins on my JK’s full frame door.

Last edited:

CarGuy216

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150, 2017 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For garage hanging, why not attach to the wall the same hardware (must be fabricated) that’s on the vehicle. Mount the door on the hardware and swing it “closed” so the door is safely parallel to the wall? Sounds like a nice aftermarket product!
Couldn’t agree more.
Ford Bronco Video: 2021 Bronco Door Removal and Storage On Board - How-To 64E08B06-6CC2-497A-99EE-84A3138F690D

Ford Bronco Video: 2021 Bronco Door Removal and Storage On Board - How-To 4F666CA1-A8C4-4825-9183-E2493074ADCC

...ordered this for my Daughter for Christmas. Good stuff!

OP
OP
BroAD

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the video, Jon points out that the wire harnesses on the doors are held on using the electrical hinged door cover on the frame. I wonder if this is the same mechanism found on 7-pin covers where the wire harness doesn’t clip in at all... this would be awesome if that is the case. I hate trying to man-handled any type of clipping mechanism car manufacturers use to connect wires under the hood.
Ford Bronco Video: 2021 Bronco Door Removal and Storage On Board - How-To 8039AF49-151B-4F37-B495-5F1F75AD29B5

Sponsored

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wondering that too!! I'm a lady doors can crushingly heavy to move around!! Taking off not a problem it's putting back on! How easy did that look?

Flannel looking good!!!?
I don't think putting them is going to be that hard by hand(the weight of them don't sound to heavy)i think the important things is remembeing to hold them at the same angle that you take them off at and when he putts them back on he looks at the point where the it locks on to the square nut that is the most important bit to get lined up so the door the locks in place ready for the bolts.
One thing is get zip bags for the bolts and labble them bottom/top bolt for storage and I think it save a lot o swearing when putting the doors back on if doing away from home.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m interested in seeing how easy this actually is since I’d like to run doorless as often as possible but don’t want it to be something I just never get around doing... surprisingly I don’t see a lot of Jeep Wranglers run doorless in Florida.
Tops and doors really need to be handy in Florida with the showers that pop up. I went into a movie on a beautiful top down jeep day and came out with 2 inches of water in the floorboard. :D

Canyonero02

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2021 Jeep JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never considered the door covers because I would never store them in the back and drive around. However after watching this, they would be very handy for garage storage. Much better than laying down blankets and towels like I do now and lean then against the work bench.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never considered the door covers because I would never store them in the back and drive around. However after watching this, they would be very handy for garage storage. Much better than laying down blankets and towels like I do now and lean then against the work bench.
i never considered them either, but even if just for the extra handles they provide, let alone scratch protection when walking around with them, they seem worth it.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok..9 pages and only 20% of it actually has to do with the doors. Killing me here.

So 3 things that I noticed...

1) why do the door bags not include a little pocket for the hardware bolts? Easy peazy.

2) i swear original videos stated that the door removal was supposed to be a single rod? You open the door, unhook the electric, pull out a single long pin and done? Now I need a socket wrench?

3) where are all these bags and strap systems supposed to be stored? Do they fit under the back "Trunk" flap when not in use?
Sponsored