ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Clubs

I know the sunrider was super popular. But I was never a fan. That bish was like 800 bucks just to unfold that small area lol. I really want to see their soft top. I am wondering why they haven't really shown it yet. I remember the first generation of jeep soft tops having leak and seal problems. I hope that won't be the case for Ford
Yeah, $800 for the nicer version, $100 less for Bestop's basic one. I did put it on my Wrangler. I live in Michigan and It could be 40 degrees in the morning and 80 in the afternoon. Leaving the house with the panels in, taking them out in the afternoon for the drive home and putting them back in when you get home wasn't realistic. I also loved having the security of a hard top. To me, it was worth $800. I see tons of Jeeps around me with them.
Advertisement

OP
TheDo114

TheDo114

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5th gen 4runner
Yeah, $800 for the nicer version, $100 less for Bestop's basic one. I did put it on my Wrangler. I live in Michigan and It could be 40 degrees in the morning and 80 in the afternoon. Leaving the house with the panels in, taking them out in the afternoon for the drive home and putting them back in when you get home wasn't realistic. I also loved having the security of a hard top. To me, it was worth $800. I see tons of Jeeps around me with them.
How long did it take to switch back to full hard top?

Dark Knight

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I think it also would have made since if the freedom panel was just one piece versus 2.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Good to see some more info but that guy really shouldnt be doing video reviews without knowing what he is talking about. Nearly everything he said was wrong and had to be corrected.
Yeah, after the first minute or two, I just stopped listening to what he was saying and was just watching.

OP
TheDo114

TheDo114

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5th gen 4runner
Yeah, after the first minute or two, I just stopped listening to what he was saying and was just watching.
Yeah did the exact same thing. There were a lot of errors in what he was saying but the footage was great

BroncoGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Yes, it's the default hard top. The 4 door can get a 4 pieces hard top.
That's not correct. The 4 door comes with a 4 piece hard top. There is no option to get one with only 3 pieces.

OP
TheDo114

TheDo114

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5th gen 4runner
That's not correct. The 4 door comes with a 4 piece hard top. There is no option to get one with only 3 pieces.
I'm pretty sure the 3 panel is an option you need to select. Trying to find where I saw it or heard it.

OP
TheDo114

TheDo114

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5th gen 4runner
You are right, it's standard 3 piece for 2 door and standard 4 piece when you choose a hard top on the 4 door since it comes with a soft top by default. Sorry about that.

BroncoGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I'm pretty sure the 3 panel is an option you need to select. Trying to find where I saw it or heard it.
If you get a hard top, the 2 door comes with 2 removable panels and the main roof section. The 4 door comes with 3 removable panels and the main roof section. That is by default and there is no option to change those configurations.

The only slight change is that the 2 door with a painted top can be had with a removable panel in the main roof section. That option is not available on the 4 door or the molded in color roof.

OP
TheDo114

TheDo114

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5th gen 4runner
If you get a hard top, the 2 door comes with 2 removable panels and the main roof section. The 4 door comes with 3 removable panels and the main roof section. That is by default and there is no option to change those configurations.

The only slight change is that the 2 door with a painted top can be had with a removable panel in the main roof section. That option is not available on the 4 door or the molded in color roof.
Can you show me about the removable panel in the main roof section for the 2 door? Tought it was exclusive to the 4 door and that's why it was a 4 panel roof.

BroncoGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Can you show me about the removable panel in the main roof section for the 2 door? Tought it was exclusive to the 4 door and that's why it was a 4 panel roof.
There's a picture floating around of the removable panel in the 2 door painted roof. Not sure where it is from but I saw it on this forum a few days or so ago.

I've seen prototype parts that included the same removable panel in the 4 door painted top, but it was scrapped a while ago.

kirnma

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Awesome video. I have reserved the two-door and plan on spending my summers with the doors off! Next time could you demonstrate getting into the back seat? The Wrangler's passenger side front seat slides really far forward to assist in rear seat access. Wanted to see if the Bronco had the same feature. Makes getting into and out of the back a lot easier.

OP
TheDo114

TheDo114

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5th gen 4runner
Awesome video. I have reserved the two-door and plan on spending my summers with the doors off! Next time could you demonstrate getting into the back seat? The Wrangler's passenger side front seat slides really far forward to assist in rear seat access. Wanted to see if the Bronco had the same feature. Makes getting into and out of the back a lot easier.
Unfortunately, I am not the author of the video but I will be on the lookout for a video that shows this.

Advertisement

Advertisement