Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh man. You've had a *very* different experience than me.

Lining up those two pins on the JK doors, while also supporting that weight, without a decent place to grab...

Granted, I'm 5'8" and can't grab the doors in a suitable place to support them easy *and* see both pins at the same time.

These Bronco doors looks like they sit on a shallow dimple thing... and are obviously easier to handle without the window frame... seems like a good combination to make the mounting easier.
Another time being 6'4" helps ;)

The Bronco door is a different design than the Wrangler so I'm going to have learn a new technique. The circle in the picture is where I would support most of the weight with one hand by holding it near my shoulder. The other hand would act as the guide to get the pins aligned
Ford Bronco Video: 2021 Bronco doors and hardtop roof installation Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 11.07.33 AM
Sponsored

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I saw a cart for Wranglers that helps you lift off the rear hard top and also store it in your garage. I'm assuming it would work for a Bronco top also. Depending on pricing, might have to look at getting one.
Here is one of the options, topliftpros.com

Never needed one since I have always owned 2 door Jeeps with soft tops. planning on a hard top for the Bronco so I may end up looking into one of these.

Last edited:

FastM400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator L, Wrangler JKU, Noble M400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Can we ban all the "I can't get a Sasquatch with a manual" comments please? What don't people get about just buy a base with a manual and swap out the tires?
Oh I think I know of a way that doesnt require banning, a good natured shaming...but I will leave it to the professionals with a certain "set of skills" this time...:unsure:

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is one of the option, topliftpros.com

Never needed one since I have always owned 2 door Jeeps with soft tops. planning on a hard top for the Bronco so I may end up looking into one of these.
Here is another I saw https://www.rollnjack.com

I had a hoist attached to the ceiling of my garage at my old house. Cheaper than a lift like these but you don't have anything to install with a lift. As I'm moving in to a new home soon I kinda like the option of the lift.

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh I think I know of a way that doesnt require banning, a good natured shaming...but I will leave it to the professionals with a certain "set of skills" this time...:unsure:
"What's right for me is right for thee. Silence those that disagree!"

Par for the course nowadays.

Sponsored

milkmoney111

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTi
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good to see some more info but that guy really shouldnt be doing video reviews without knowing what he is talking about. Nearly everything he said was wrong and had to be corrected.
They only gave the dude 30 minutes with the car. At least he corrected himself when editing the video and putting it out there for all of us to see.

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know about that door thing...
The guys looks like struggling to get it in, more than I do on my Wrangler.
Plus it seems really easy to dent that door the way the hinges are inside (vs Wrangler with hinges on the edge)...
Future will tell I guess... Of that will be the branding of the Bronco like the mirror dent on the Jeeps...

Last edited:

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here is another I saw https://www.rollnjack.com

I had a hoist attached to the ceiling of my garage at my old house. Cheaper than a lift like these but you don't have anything to install with a lift. As I'm moving in to a new home soon I kinda like the option of the lift.
I do like the ideal of being able to move around the garage. Ended up making a little cart for the doors for that same reason.

20180714_160323.jpg

20190529_170054.jpg

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know about that door think...
Plus it seems really easy to dent that door the way the hinges are inside (vs Wrangler with hinges on the edge)...
Future will tell I guess... Of that will be the branding of the Bronco like the mirror dent on the Jeeps...
Was thinking the same where the door tucks in behind the body panel. Looks easy to get a dent there. I'll rarely take my doors off so not a huge concern (also don't care about dents much) but could be to people wanting to do it often.

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know about that door think...
Despite not having a window frame, I'm guessing the Bronco door, especially the longer door on the 2 door is heavier. I really do like how the 2 door has such a "Coupe" like longer door.

Sponsored

Bybotie

Badlands
First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge ST, 2021 Mustang Mach1 HP, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can we ban all the "I can't get a Sasquatch with a manual" comments please? What don't people get about just buy a base with a manual and swap out the tires?
Getrag transmissions are complete garbage. I look forward to all the complaints posted on here when it leaves them stranded on a trail.

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do like the ideal of being able to move around the garage. Ended up making a little cart for the doors for that same reason.

Ford Bronco Video: 2021 Bronco doors and hardtop roof installation 20190529_170054

Ford Bronco Video: 2021 Bronco doors and hardtop roof installation 20190529_170054
Great idea. Just need to make the same thing but mounted in the back of the 2 door. I'm hoping I can hold the doors, front top roof panels and the side windows all in the back of a seat folded 2 door, leaving just the rear roof cap.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With the hinges being on the inside you are going to have to be super careful not to bang the edge of the door on the fender. Not something you would want to do in a rush, when you are tired or after a few adult beverages.

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Sasquatch option isn't just tires and forums are made for bitchin'

Do you even know how to drive a manual? Just asking.
Sponsored