Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That hardtop looks ridiculously lighter than the Jeeps
I was thinking the exact same thing. I would never dream about putting on my JK top with just another guy. I have a harken hoist and the thing even feels heavy when up on the hoist. I'm curious to see the bronco top weight but it has to be under 100 pounds based on the way those guys are moving. Hoist is still super nice because you can raise the top up to the ceiling and park back under. Even with my 8 foot ceiling garage
Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw a cart for Wranglers that helps you lift off the rear hard top and also store it in your garage. I'm assuming it would work for a Bronco top also. Depending on pricing, might have to look at getting one.
Yep, Top Lift Pro, I made one work for my FJ40:

Ford Bronco Video: 2021 Bronco doors and hardtop roof installation IMG_20200614_153752

Ford Bronco Video: 2021 Bronco doors and hardtop roof installation IMG_20200614_163808

broncoenthusiast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
insignificant but looks like lug centric rims

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another time being 6'4" helps ;)

The Bronco door is a different design than the Wrangler so I'm going to have learn a new technique. The circle in the picture is where I would support most of the weight with one hand by holding it near my shoulder. The other hand would act as the guide to get the pins aligned
Ford Bronco Video: 2021 Bronco doors and hardtop roof installation IMG_20200614_163808
Yeah, that's it!

At my height, and with my Jeep's modest lift (2.5" ish) resting the frame on my shoulder doesn't provide enough clearance.

I end up with one hand up at the frame, and the other holding underneath, and then I have to hold the entire door out away from my body just so I can then see and line up the pins.

Needless to say, the doors rarely come off.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can we ban all the "I can't get a Sasquatch with a manual" comments please? What don't people get about just buy a base with a manual and swap out the tires?
Ford Bronco Video: 2021 Bronco doors and hardtop roof installation VnD

except you don't get locking diffs and other things that come on a sasquatch. could just get a bd or whatever the trim is that comes standard with that stuff

Sponsored

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Video: 2021 Bronco doors and hardtop roof installation 1595442612608

except you don't get locking diffs and other things that come on a sasquatch. could just get a bd or whatever the trim is that comes standard with that stuff
In other words, pay a minimum $12k above a base to get the Badlands. Why should manual buyers have to pay that penalty? Zero logic.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
BD doesn't have a front locker, 35 beadlocks, bilsteins, 4.7 final drive, and the upgraded front axle either
Until the build & price is available ALL of this is speculation anyway. ?‍♂

JK

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Looking at a close-up of the door area, I wonder if it is possible the black plastic in the fender/door area curves/molds over to the edge of the fender to protect the doors from getting scratched during removal and installation?

Ford Bronco Video: 2021 Bronco doors and hardtop roof installation 2021 Ford Bronco Cyber Orange 2 Door IMG_3573 - Copy

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BD doesn't have a front locker, 35 beadlocks, bilsteins, 4.7 final drive, and the upgraded front axle either
sas doesn't have beadlocks either. not from the assembly line. you have to get beadlock rings from ford performance. on the other things. i guess i misread.

Clint Callahan

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior Edition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I saw a cart for Wranglers that helps you lift off the rear hard top and also store it in your garage. I'm assuming it would work for a Bronco top also. Depending on pricing, might have to look at getting one.
That sounds awesome, and it’s something I’ve been thinking g about a lot as well. Already have a camper too and roof top tent in my garage, so I’m currently trying to maximize storage for doors and hard tops in the near future. Spent all last weekend cleaning g our garage to prepare and my wife came out at 10:00 PM to remind me that I’ve still got about a year to ready the garage ?

any chance you can find the name of this gadget?! Or company that sells these

aaffddssaa

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Found this video that mentions the door weight at around 50 pounds and shows the underside of the roof panel. She mentions storing them in the back as well. Door info starts at 2:52.

I'm pretty sure she's mistaken when she mentions storing the doors in the back of the 2-door. Ford very specifically mentions only the 4-door every time they talk about stowing the doors in the back. If you notice, the doors on the 2-door are actually a few inches longer than the front doors of the 4-door, so they're too long to fit across the interior. I suspect you may be able to stow them diagonally (if you fold down the rear seat), but I don't think Ford has released any info on this.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Looking at a close-up of the door area, I wonder if it is possible the black plastic in the fender/door area curves/molds over to the edge of the fender to protect the doors from getting scratched during removal and installation?

Ford Bronco Video: 2021 Bronco doors and hardtop roof installation 2021 Ford Bronco Cyber Orange 2 Door IMG_3573 - Copy
From this angle that sure looks like the black plastic wraps to protect the door removal and installation.

5966369_4677685628915628_2322559573482119629_n-jpg.jpg
Sponsored