Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree we will have to be VERY CAREFUL during removal and installation to avoid scratching our doors and fenders. Paint protection film sounds like one solution but I wonder if some smart enterprising aftermarket company would design and sell some type of custom molded temporary edge guards. Something we could quickly slip on and off, similar to standard door edge guards but made of no-mar plastic or rubber u-channel, similar to these:
1595436095129.png
1595435975058.png

1595436022198.png
1595436260939.png
That is my biggest concern....scratching the paint when removing the doors.
Sponsored

thehermdawg10

Base
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Seriously, I had some butt pucker watching them as if they were doing it to my own car lol.

So in the video, he said that particular Bronco was a Wildtrak with the 2.7, but I there was another thread/video on here with the same Bronco that made it sound it was a base Sasquatch with the 2.3. Anyone know for sure what it is? Cause that looks like base interior.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I would assume the guy putting the door on has done it before and was fumbling around quite a bit. I see lots of scratches door jams in the Bronco's future.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sponsored

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm pretty sure she's mistaken when she mentions storing the doors in the back of the 2-door. Ford very specifically mentions only the 4-door every time they talk about stowing the doors in the back. If you notice, the doors on the 2-door are actually a few inches longer than the front doors of the 4-door, so they're too long to fit across the interior. I suspect you may be able to stow them diagonally (if you fold down the rear seat), but I don't think Ford has released any info on this.
The doors and two front hardtop sections will fit in the back of the 2 door with the seats folded down and a carrier to prevent the doors from rattling around.

mattusmc

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
Your Bronco Model
Base
So does anyone know if those side windows on the hard top pop out?
"All modular hardtops have rear quarter windows that are removable in three easy steps – snap, push and lift away in a fraction of the time it takes for competitors – without removing the roof panels. By locating the sportbar behind the second row, both Bronco two- and four-door models offer the largest overall open-top view in its class to take in the sunshine or to gaze at the stars at night." Direct from Ford.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

"All modular hardtops have rear quarter windows that are removable in three easy steps – snap, push and lift away in a fraction of the time it takes for competitors – without removing the roof panels. By locating the sportbar behind the second row, both Bronco two- and four-door models offer the largest overall open-top view in its class to take in the sunshine or to gaze at the stars at night." Direct from Ford.
Awesome! Thank you! That’s going to be so handy! See myself taking those out aaalot!!

OP
OP
TheDo114

TheDo114

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hope we will be able to remove the roof front panels even with the roof rack installed.

Not realistic but not having to remove and rei stall the roof rack all the time would be nice.

Coffee.Guy

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Porsche Panamera, Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the three panel hard top roof available on all models?

Sponsored

Dark Knight

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was thinking the exact same thing. I would never dream about putting on my JK top with just another guy. I have a harken hoist and the thing even feels heavy when up on the hoist. I'm curious to see the bronco top weight but it has to be under 100 pounds based on the way those guys are moving. Hoist is still super nice because you can raise the top up to the ceiling and park back under. Even with my 8 foot ceiling garage
honestly, before the bronco announcement, I was just going to get rid of my hard top for a soft top. I hope they have example vehicles. If a bronco hardtop, is really that light, I am going to get the hard top.

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

honestly, before the bronco announcement, I was just going to get rid of my hard top for a soft top. I hope they have example vehicles. If a bronco hardtop, is really that light, I am going to get the hard top.
Hoping Ford shares more info on their combo top.

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 2.24.34 PM.png

Dark Knight

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hoping Ford shares more info on their combo top.

Ford Bronco Video: 2021 Bronco doors and hardtop roof installation Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 2.24.34 PM
I know the sunrider was super popular. But I was never a fan. That bish was like 800 bucks just to unfold that small area lol. I really want to see their soft top. I am wondering why they haven't really shown it yet. I remember the first generation of jeep soft tops having leak and seal problems. I hope that won't be the case for Ford
Sponsored