First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Watch as the already young Bronco with seemingly natural instincts, carries the loose dust and dirt secretly scooped up on approach to the impending climb.
The Bronco then releases the slippery dessert sand onto the rock just as it ends it's final crawl of the hill to thwart his Wrangler Foe chasing behind.

It's this off road prowess and cunning action that will surely allow the Broncos to stay a step of head of it's foe. Ever ensuring the steeds evasiveness and proclamation that no longer will this horse be captured by the Wranglers attempt to control this wild horse.
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The Jeep guys are going to be so defensive over this video. ā€œPropoganda I tell you! They purposely didnā€™t get the Jeep up there in the first try! Letā€™s see them crawl over some real rocks!!ā€ Etc etc. *insert eye roll here* :rolleyes:
So they pick the one obstacle that emphasizes breakover angle and doesnā€™t emphasize articulation, so yeah. And then they donā€™t show the JLURs successful attempt.

[/QUOTE]
So why aren't they putting a Sasquatch through all of this??
Better articulation on the non-squatch apparently. Also might be trying to do apples to apples as best they can.
That obstacle didnā€™t really emphasize articulation, it was all about climbing and breakover.

Squatch would have had all the Jeepers (including me) saying letā€™s see a JLUR with $2000 in a 2ā€ Mopar lift and 35ā€™s do the same run.

This was stock Badlands vs Rubicon baby and it appears the 4Dr Badlands has a win on breakover and ground clearance.

Would like to know @jimbo92 ā€˜s setup. Looks fairly stock.

My JKU rubicon in the same spot a few years back. 6 speed manual.

Sponsored

PulltheLeverBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 Platinum 2014 Flex Limited w/Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Love how effortless this looks. From the Mall to Moab.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Better articulation on the non-squatch apparently. Also might be trying to do apples to apples as best they can.
Having 35s over 33s will be more capable in that type of terrain...no question, even with the tiny bit less articulation in it to keep the tire from hitting. No way they chose the 33 version because it is more capable. Itā€™s not.
It is pretty damn capable though as has been demonstrated, and will be awesome out of the box.

Last edited:

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have to say I agree based on the high rev and crawling speed towards the end of the video when he flattens out and commits to the next smaller obstacle.
I am going with the manual so this really inspires confidence in my choice. That crawler gear really made it smooth as butter.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Great video! Offroad capability comparisons are very tough. If you're looking at sports cars on a racetrack, it's very easy to look at lap times side by side and figure out which one is faster. But offroad, conditions can change from vehicle to vehicle - the lead truck could throw sand or mud on the rock it just passed and make it harder for the follower. There is no perfect, clearly defined, optimal racing line - just the line you try and pick through the obstacles. And tires make a big difference, too. So it's very hard to look at side by side comparisons of the same obstacle and decide which truck is more capable. I'm sure tens of thousands of Jeeps have made it up that rock over the years. This video doesn't prove that a Jeep can't or couldn't or even that the average Jeep would have a hard time, just that the Bronco can do it.
That's what I like about offroad racing and offroad in general - sure there's tire degradation and track surface evolution in road racing but offroad you really are competing against the terrain as much as the other vehicles.

Sponsored

sQuirly

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL 2dr 6mt, 16 First, 87 635csi
Your Bronco Model
Base
The vehicle they identify as a Jl up the hill looks like a bronco not a jl. Would be interested in seeing the successful attempt.

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's a rookie question: With the 7-speed in Crawler gear, can you be not moving and still have the clutch fully engaged? In theory it would stall?

beachztt

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here's a rookie question: With the 7-speed in Crawler gear, can you be not moving and still have the clutch fully engaged? In theory it would stall?
With that ratio it is unlikely you will (or can) stall it. More likely you will break traction, break components, or flip it over. :)

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well that was very impressive.

So to my untrained eye and some one who just started watching rock crawling videos about a week ago lol

Was the jeep attempt just driver error? bad line? or stuff like that just happens sometimes?

JetRanger

Badlands
First Name
Gwagonman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 G-63
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ahahahahahaha

j/k

95:1 crawl ratio FTW
Looks like Ford took my demand for head-to-head drive-off tests with the Jeep Rubicon. Keep it up, Ford! Shows those Ford boys are on this forum.

Now, if we could please get the 2.7 with the 7-speed manual. FSRY
Sponsored