Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This.

Not to mention that the video clearly annotates that the Jeep eventually made it up, but the cut scenes look to be misconstruing (read: misleading) people’s perception of reality.
For all we know that could’ve been the Broncos’ 2nd or 3rd attempt and the Jeep’s 1st.

I have no affiliation w/ FCA or Ford as I come from the yota scene, but the rivalry between both parties can come off as toxic; especially when we’re all supposed to be helping eachother out in the overland/wheeling community.
Yep. Just. Go. Have. Fun.
Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would think that the amount of dirt/dust on the rocks and the tire tread makes a huge difference for this. To be truly fair, they would all have to be running the exact same tires (type/size) and sweep the rocks before the attempt the same for each one. Then use the same driver attempting the same line. Even with all this, there are still a lot of variables. The big take away for me is how well the 4dr with the MT did on 33" tires, because that's what I will be driving this time next year ;-)

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have to admit this definitely seems staged and is a little disingenuous. That definitely wasn't an honest attempt by the driver of the Wrangler. The manual-t Bronco with the crawler gear though made that rock look like child's play. I would get the manual, but the wife doesn't want to go through the trouble of relearning a manual transmission. Since she will probably drive it at times, I guess I'll just go with the bigger engine and auto transmission.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do we have any confirmation that any of this (Rubicon/Moab) is a demonstration or is this just the most analyzed/critiqued wheeling trip ever?
I do understand that this is Ford’s marketing at work and it’s a grassroots marketing campaign/ photo op.
My point being, this appears to be a few guys playing follow the leader through iconic off-road destinations and the internet is like did you see how much better the Bronco parked within the lines of that parking space? The Bronco is the GOAT parking vehicle of all time!
I know i sound like a dick most of the time but I’m just trying to put a little balance to the discussion.

I’m stoked about the return of the Bronco too, I promise. But let’s just remember what it is. It takes YEARS for something to become legendary.
There are videos showing guys analyzing the laptop they have mounted in most of these as they are doing different obstacles. Assuming these things have a sensor suite deployed to the suspension, engine, etc and he is looking at real time readings. Seems like marketing mixed with true testing and analytics for any last minute changes needed to the platform.

Last edited:

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, not sure how the Black Jack'll do, but definitely like how it crawled with ease regardless

Now let's see how the 2dr manual does

Sponsored

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Motor Trend described the group at the Rubicon as "massive" and called it a "planned spy shot opportunity."
We all know the media wouldn’t augment the truth to grab headlines.
That’s my point. Ford knows these vehicle can handle this stuff so they let them loose as part of marketing campaign. Of course they brought a Jeep along.

But spy shots? Come on. They’re on full display.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Jeep guys are going to be so defensive over this video. “Propoganda I tell you! They purposely didn’t get the Jeep up there in the first try! Let’s see them crawl over some real rocks!!” Etc etc. *insert eye roll here* :rolleyes:
I have a Jeep, but not what you would call a fanboy. However, to be fair it looked to me like the driver didn't give it a chance. IMHO

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We all know the media wouldn’t augment the truth to grab headlines.
That’s my point. Ford knows these vehicle can handle this stuff so they let them loose as part of marketing campaign. Of course they brought a Jeep along.

But spy shots? Come on. They’re on full display.
Oh it was definitely staged, or as they like to call it "smart, efficient, targeted marketing". They definitely have a smart person running the marketing for the Bronco. But also stand by the fact that they are analyzing data that there is also some merit to these staged events as final testing for the platform.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For me, I don't care what the Jeep can and can't do with stock specs. All I wanted to know is if the Bronco can do it without any more struggle than any other stock vehicle and that has been confirmed on the Rubicon and in Moab.

I'm good.

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh it was definitely staged, or as they like to call it "smart, efficient, targeted marketing". They definitely have a smart person running the marketing for the Bronco. But also stand by the fact that they are analyzing data that there is also some merit to these staged events as final testing for the platform.
Data is good.

Sponsored

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And for me, all I really care about is that the Bronco can do all this bone stock from the factory! We never modded our '68 and I won't be modding this one. Jeep was no match for the old Bronco back in the day and it's looking like it won't be much of a match as an all-around off roader again this time! Waited a long time for Ford to bring back the Bronco and our time is almost here FINALLY!!!

Last edited:

robaayyy

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not saying they don’t have a leg to stand on. But if you go over to the JL forums you will find people who don’t have one nice thing to say about the Bronco. They are so threatened by competition that they must counterpoint even the smallest things. I know there are probably bronco homers here as well. I’m just having fun with it.

this tweet sums it up nicely...

1784E65E-AFB7-4C96-BEF1-3D325E7B44F5.jpeg
I’m not saying they don’t have a leg to stand on. But if you go over to the JL forums you will find people who don’t have one nice thing to say about the Bronco. They are so threatened by competition that they must counterpoint even the smallest things. I know there are probably bronco homers here as well. I’m just having fun with it.

this tweet sums it up nicely...

1784E65E-AFB7-4C96-BEF1-3D325E7B44F5.jpeg
I have a buddy with a new 2020 Rubicon and all he’s been doing is sh*t talking on the Bronco. I’m over here like hey I love jeeps it’s nice to see they have some competition now, but I think jeeps will probably still reign in the rock crawling department. He’s over there like “no, the Bronco isn’t even going to compare, it’s a**, it’s ugly, it’s gonna break, Ford is crap, it doesn’t have a SFA it’s not going anywhere” Lolol. Jeep owners on and off the forums are so salty. My patience is wearing thin with my buddy though. I might have to stoop down To his level and start taking jabs at him too lol

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a buddy with a new 2020 Rubicon and all he’s been doing is sh*t talking on the Bronco. I’m over here like hey I love jeeps it’s nice to see they have some competition now, but I think jeeps will probably still reign in the rock crawling department. He’s over there like “no, the Bronco isn’t even going to compare, it’s a**, it’s ugly, it’s gonna break, Ford is crap, it doesn’t have a SFA it’s not going anywhere” Lolol. Jeep owners on and off the forums are so salty. My patience is wearing thin with my buddy though. I might have to stoop down To his level and start taking jabs at him too lol
A lot of people took my post and ran with it. It was more of a joke. I LOVE Jeeps but am thrilled to have an American made vehicle to compete with it. The Bronco betters suits my needs... but that doesn't matter to some people in today's society. It's their way or the highway. In response to your friend's comments... read between the lines. He is probably upset he bought a 2020 Rubicon and is now finding out there is something else new and shiny on the block. He is simply deflecting. In the end, competition is great for all parties.
Sponsored