CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know, this is really a burgers vs pizza argument.

Which is better? There are so many metrics to compare - there is no definitive choice.

A corvette is a lot faster than a Bronco. A tractor trailer has a lot more storage. The Fusion Energi gets better mileage.

The only metric I care about is "What does tyrobronco want"? For that, the Bronco is far and away the best, most affordable, doors off, roof off, utility vehicle for off and on-road driving that will be available in the US in 2021 for my money.

Done and done.
Sponsored

Bronco216g

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 & 2013 C63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am a jeep guy, but im glad the bronco can also hold its own especially in stock form, Ford is going to push Jeep to new heights...if FCA wants to be relevant.

Bronco216g

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m not saying they don’t have a leg to stand on. But if you go over to the JL forums you will find people who don’t have one nice thing to say about the Bronco. They are so threatened by competition that they must counterpoint even the smallest things. I know there are probably bronco homers here as well. I’m just having fun with it.

this tweet sums it up nicely...

1784E65E-AFB7-4C96-BEF1-3D325E7B44F5.jpeg
Competition is going to change Jeep (hopefully) I am a jeep guy, there are factors that could play with the Jeep and why it do good but overall ford is changing the game in areas jeep failed too.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am a jeep guy, but im glad the bronco can also hold its own especially in stock form, Ford is going to push Jeep to new heights...if FCA wants to be relevant.
I'm going to infer a pun where you didn't intend and say that the ability to spec out a Wrangler with factory 35s is going to be a high priority in the next gen Wrangler or a mid cycle refresh.

Sponsored

jimbo92

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That is 100% the bronco at the top in this screen grab. I have no doubts the jeep made it with either a "moab" bump or by moving a foot or so to the right. Traction out there is weird.
Ford Bronco Video: 2021 Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Crawling Back-to-Back at Moab 1597099825385

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is 100% the bronco at the top in this screen grab. I have no doubts the jeep made it with either a "moab" bump or by moving a foot or so to the right. Traction out there is weird.
Ford Bronco Video: 2021 Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Crawling Back-to-Back at Moab 1597099825385
I'm going to assume the Jeep got winched up the hill because that's funnier.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Many Bronco6G members have asked to see some head-to-head action between the 2021 Bronco and the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon that's traveling with the Bronco prototype group as a support & tow vehicle.

Here's one particular climb at Moab where we see a 2-door Bronco, 4-door Bronco and the Wrangler Rubicon make the same climb back-to-back. Both Broncos are Badlands (without Sasquatch Package) and all three vehicles are on 33" tires. As we can see, the Jeep's solid front axle (SFA) doesn't necessarily provide an advantage in all off-road situations - i.e. where the articulation advantages of SFA are not emphasized.

Specs for the vehicles:

2-Door Bronco:
Badlands, auto transmission, 33" BFG AT tires, standard wheels, Ford Performance steel modular front bumper. The auto transmission on the Badlands has a 4.46 gear ratio. Wheelbase is 100.4"

4-Door Bronco:
Badlands, manual transmission, optional 33" Goodyear MT tires, Ford Performance beadlock wheels & rings. The manual transmission on the Badlands has a 4.70 gear ratio. Wheelbase is 116.1"

4-Door Wrangler:
Rubicon, 33" tires. Wheelbase is 118.4"

When they put the arrow on one at the end and say the jeep made it up, that isn't a jeep. It's another 4-door Bronco with white door handles and camo on the swing gate.

PatrickRide

Raptor
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

When they put the arrow on one at the end and say the jeep made it up, that isn't a jeep. It's another 4-door Bronco with white door handles and camo on the swing gate.
Ha!! You're right, it is another Bronco!!

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Love it!! I’m also super impressed with that sport! Might be a small platform but it can do work!!

Ford Bronco Video: 2021 Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Crawling Back-to-Back at Moab 2AC9C225-617F-4706-B581-6919FB76780E

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not saying they don’t have a leg to stand on. But if you go over to the JL forums you will find people who don’t have one nice thing to say about the Bronco. They are so threatened by competition that they must counterpoint even the smallest things. I know there are probably bronco homers here as well. I’m just having fun with it.

this tweet sums it up nicely...

Ford Bronco Video: 2021 Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Crawling Back-to-Back at Moab 2AC9C225-617F-4706-B581-6919FB76780E
We still talkin bout Bronco or this a political dog whistle here? Ha Ha! ?

Truth be told, Jeepers should be upset a bit. Lots of variables could be at play besides propaganda, which I also accept here.

Not sure I'd crawl up that incline or just use horsepower once the front wheels were on the rock, but the lack of grip could definitely be tire pressure too high and skill of the driver.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m not sure about the rest of the group but I would love to see some water forging videos. I’m new to off-roading but I’m pretty sure down here in Florida, there are a lot more opportunities to go mudding that rock crawling.
Serious OLD camo mudding videos on Bronco Nation

Bronco216g

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm going to infer a pun where you didn't intend and say that the ability to spec out a Wrangler with factory 35s is going to be a high priority in the next gen Wrangler or a mid cycle refresh.
Punny indeed.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Watch as the already young Bronco with seemingly natural instincts, carries the loose dust and dirt secretly scooped up on approach to the impending climb.
The Bronco then releases the slippery dessert sand onto the rock just as it ends it's final crawl of the hill to thwart his Wrangler Foe chasing behind.

It's this off road prowess and cunning action that will surely allow the Broncos to stay a step of head of it's foe. Ever ensuring the steeds evasiveness and proclamation that no longer will this horse be captured by the Wranglers attempt to control this wild horse.
Haha, this needs a David Attenborough voiceover.