Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Competition is going to change Jeep (hopefully) I am a jeep guy, there are factors that could play with the Jeep and why it do good but overall ford is changing the game in areas jeep failed too.
You mean like fess up and fix it instead of try to void lifetime warranties and claim biting a quart of oil every 1000 miles is normal on engines with the piston rings installed upside down in Mexico? Or hey, who needs a steering system that doesn’t wobble? Or we’ll just strengthen the frame in the Mojave but if you bend you non-Mojave Gladiator frame its on you?

Yeah, Jeep / FCA has been living a monopoly in this segment for too long and the competition should force some changes in behavior, but will it?

On the flip, there is a reason Jeep owners are self-reliant and there is a big aftermarket, they are forced to adapt and find their own solutions for the things that bug them, and then keep going. And along the way they learn a lot about How their vehicles work and how to fix them.

blkreaper

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Camaro SS m6, GX470, E39 & E24 BMW, 2005 Range
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This! ^
Put the same tires on all vehicles, have the same driver in all vehicles, make sure it's 100% rock (no sand, water, mud to change the conditions.) Make sure it's the exact same line. Make sure they have the same cargo/ fuel level.

Let the driver do the obstacle 3 times (minimum) in each vehicle. Then you'll see an actual comparison.

I’m not sure if this is a joke or not but it’s not plausible. You want the perfect setup every time but the conditions will change every time. Different amount of sand on the rock. Different grove heights of the sand on approach. Different amount of rubber left on the rock from wheel spin. Etc

Sponsored

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not sure if this is a joke or not but it’s not plausible. You want the perfect setup every time but the conditions will change every time. Different amount of sand on the rock. Different grove heights of the sand on approach. Different amount of rubber left on the rock from wheel spin. Etc
Not a joke. I’m not proposing anyone do it. it’s not realistic.
What I’m saying is the virtual contest in people minds is silly. The Bronco went up a little hill the Jeep got hung up on. All that means is there is a little more belly clearance or difference in wheelbase. (Which is important but not a real test of the better wheeler)

If someone were to really Determine if x vehicle is better than y then you have so many variables to balance out (amount is rubber on the rocks is another one).

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just because it was doesn’t mean it is. I believe the 2021 could be legit and it’s off to a great start. But it’s a completely different vehicle from the EBs.
Your missing the point, there is a 55 year rabid fan base for the Bronco, just look at the love and current prices of EBs. Sure there are some that like their early 4x4 Blazer's but they have not increased in value like EBs and some end up like this 1971 model.
19075753-1971-chevrolet-blazer-std.jpg

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your missing the point, there is a 55 year rabid fan base for the Bronco, just look at the love and current prices of EBs. Sure there are some that like their early 4x4 Blazer's but they have not increased in value like EBs and some end up like this 1971 model.
19075753-1971-chevrolet-blazer-std.jpg
Ford Bronco Video: 2021 Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Crawling Back-to-Back at Moab 1020BC94-023A-4BE1-91F2-60CF9DBC76B6

Ford Bronco Video: 2021 Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Crawling Back-to-Back at Moab A3DF9A99-4C22-4250-9885-B5BE96FD94AC

Ford Bronco Video: 2021 Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Crawling Back-to-Back at Moab A840D60F-5B22-4285-AC5D-441134FFCCFA

There are A LOT more where those came from.

I’m not sure you have a point to get. I said it takes YEARS to become legendary. You show a picture of a 55 year old vehicle which earned that status over YEARS of use, modification and trophies. That vehicle IS legendary.

A rabid fan base doesn’t make this the same vehicle simply because it has the same name. Chevy has ruined the names Blazer, impala, nova, Malibu in America and Ford is doing it internationally to the galaxy, fairlane and falcon.

The Bronco name is legendary but this is a NEW vehicle. The only thing it shares is cosmetic.

The Bronco fan base will continue to be just as rabid but saying something is a legend before it’s even released is delusional. It has to be proven time and time again over time.

Put it this way, there are 32 NFL teams. All fans are rabid all of them want them to win the championship. 31 don’t. Only the team who wins it gets the elite status. And those who do it year after year are legendary.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The Bronco name is legendary but this is a NEW vehicle. The only thing it shares is cosmetic.

The Bronco fan base will continue to be just as rabid but saying something is a legend before it’s even released is delusional. It has to be proven time and time again over time.
Respectfully, you sound like an overly analytical engineer, scientist or professor, or you share their traits, I can say this since I'm an overly analytical engineer myself.

But, the Bronco is supposed to be fun, the work world more serious, the two worlds can be separated. If you have an a problem with your new Bronco, you get it fixed under warranty.

However, if your going to worry about every little detail, that does not make life fun. The reliability and certainty of some brands or models may be better suited to dissuade your concerns, but of course, statistically, even some of those will require repairs.

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Respectfully, you sound like an overly analytical engineer, scientist or professor, or you share their traits, I can say this since I'm an overly analytical engineer myself.

But, the Bronco is supposed to be fun, the work world more serious, the two worlds can be separated. If you have an a problem with your new Bronco, you get it fixed under warranty.

However, if your going to worry about every little detail, that does not make life fun. The reliability and certainty of some brands or models may be better suited to dissuade your concerns, but of course, statistically, even some of those will require repairs.
Coming from another overly analytical engineer.... I can agree with this sentiment.

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m not sure if this is a joke or not but it’s not plausible. You want the perfect setup every time but the conditions will change every time.
I think he's aware it's not plausible, the point was that people need to realize this footage is not showing an equal comparison, not even close. It's just Ford doing some testing with very minimal effort given to making true (as true as possible) comparisons to a jeep.

I think we'll start to see comparison aimed more at direct reciprocity (again, as close as possible) once we get closer to launch and especially once some of the Youtube channels get a hold of the Bronco. You just know one of TFL's first videos on the Bronco (and probably the 50 after that lol) is gonna be taking it out on those trails they do right alongside a JL, trying to take all the same lines, same psi, etc. etc.

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

LOL. I'm not worried about it bud. Not an engineer but I'm sure I have some of the traits.

Like I said, I'm very excited about this new version of the Bronco. I've been a fan forever but missed the window to buy an EB.

I truly hope this vehicle meets all these expectations. I have a lot of faith in Ford to do it right.

Coming from the rock crawling world, as far as off road is concerned, vehicle brand means little to me as most crawlers are modified to remove most factory components. I keep getting sucked into the Bronco > Jeep thing and vice versa. I need to let it go. I believe the bronco will be a much better all round vehicle than the jeep.

That said, a picture of a jeep anchored to a bronco for safety doesn't show inferiority. This is where I've been trying to add contrast to some of the comments. People who don't know what they are looking at get carried away with that stuff.

What I am over analyzing or loosing sight of, I suppose, is that 90% of the people on this site just want a cool vehicle that they can trust to do mild off roading (if any) to get to a neat destination. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I saw this picture of a Bronco in the background of a video with the soft top retracted back over both the front and rear - couldn't remember if we had seen it like this.
Ford Bronco Video: 2021 Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Crawling Back-to-Back at Moab 1597180389871
Sponsored