First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I understand why Ford folded on this; but that doesn't mean it wasn't a spineless act of cowardice
total unforced error. About what you'd expect from a high school Junior Achievement club.

Unless this is somehow another covid-related issue :)
Sponsored

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My dealer was very upfront in stating they had about 300 reservations and telling me exactly where I fell in that group (#6), based on timestamp. Certainly, numbers will change with cancellations but not sure why the number of reservations at a particular dealer is some big secret. My first dealer, before I switched, also shared the number of reservations they were holding. Wasn't a big deal.
In our systems, there is a confidentiality statement specifically stating not to share those numbers. I'm too visible here to share it even if I wanted to.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford's decision to eliminate the X-plan pricing on the Bronco further contributed to the dealer selection/allocation mess we now have to face.
X-plan pricing would have evened the playing field amongst most dealers. I would have been content with X-plan pricing at my local dealer. But now, to get similar pricing I need to buy from out-of-state and drive nearly 6 hours.

Eliminating X-plan also makes the few dealers offering further discounts even MORE enticing.
End result.... buyers flock to the few dealers willing to discount, the majority of dealers @ MSRP lose business (and complain to Ford) and Ford comes up with this allocation plan which only ends up adding mass confusion and screwing their customers.

Ford would have been better off honoring X-plan discounts, but perhaps revising the eligibility for it, such as eliminating the 'too easy' paths such as the Mustang club membership.

IMO, Ford created this allocation mess with their decision to end the X-plan.
I see your point, but you hove to look at what X plan was meant to be. It was originally a program for Ford Employees to give out (I think 2 a year) to people that didn't qualify for their A Plan purchase, so cousins, neighbors, etc. That still exists, I think its called friends and family or something like that.

Years ago this expanded and X Plan Partners started. This is where about everyone can qualify for X plan, employees of almost any company that buys in large fleet orders and even as was said Mustang club. This is also when X plan went from being a savings to not so much, it used to be under invoice, when this started they added the fee to X plan that now makes it over, and on most vehicles you can normally buy for invoice minus incentives.

So yes, I agree that if they eliminated the "partners" X plan it would work, but that would mean that almost no one here would qualify for X plan.

One issue I see that I forget about is DOC fees, we don't charge them so I forget about them. In my example of MSRP ad limits, this would also be a good time for Ford to have a limit (or a complete ban) on DOC fees since some are crazy, I thought it was nuts at $50, now around here most are almost $200 and I read some of you talking double or triple that, and that shouldn't be legal.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still no clarity on why a MY 2022 Vehicle needs to be ordered in the MY21 reservation conversion process. Can Ford at least answer this basic question. If I do not convert my late September reservation in the MY21 deadline with some options not available, I lose my reservation? Unless painted top shows up at late availability this whole investment of my interest and time still results in losing my reservation.

This information/availability/timing of the order is when the forum will blow up.

I'm holding hope that some significant changes occur in the January B&P.

Sponsored

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still no clarity on why a MY 2022 Vehicle needs to be ordered in the MY21 reservation conversion process. Can Ford at least answer this basic question. If I do not convert my late September reservation in the MY21 deadline with some options not available, I lose my reservation? Unless painted top shows up at late availability this whole investment of my interest and time still results in losing my reservation.

This information/availability/timing of the order is when the forum will blow up.

My best guess is you order like you would get a MY21 and if things are backed up pushing your order to MY22 you would then just re-order with your dealer for a MY22

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Nothing said by Ford yet, but I'm 90% certain you'll have to order a 2021, I'm guessing the tops will be listed and held (unless they cancel them entirely for 2021). It's my belief that if you don't order a 2021, you're reservation will be canceled.

For some these 2021 orders planed for 2022 could end up getting built as 2021s, production could end up greater than expected, commodities could make huge numbers of earlier orders not build-able causing late orders to get scheduled, etc. This is the reason Ford will want them ordered so the know they'll have plenty of orders to build should something happen.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Funny thing, I was willing to play along and just take the black soft top, then ford says, no wiring for or rear washer plumbing for you. I emotionally convinced myself to take the hardtop for now.

B&P suggested updates:
Option #201: well thought out front license plate frame for those not in the lucky few......$19
Option#202: hardtop prep package to accommodate the current vaporware tops later....$100

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford constantly changes the game and their commitments, but right now it seems you have to order a 21 regardless, or your reservation is cancelled:

What happens if my order is not built in 21MY?
Due to the high number of Bronco two- and four-door reservations, deliveries may extend into the 2022 calendar year. We anticipate some customers will receive a 22MY Bronco. In this scenario, customers will work with their dealer to replace their 21MY order but will have access to any product improvements for 22MY. Their reservation timestamp will remain with their order.

TalexBrizzley

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because Bronco Nation is Ford's hack marketing outfit, carrying out their scripted marketing agenda. BN is masquerading as a user forum but is in fact run by one of Ford's marketing companies, Jackson Dawson, now you know the rest of the story.

https://www.jacksondawson.com/
Christ, I clicked the link and it looked like I was on Ford's website lol. That explains a lot.

Sponsored

KingWillard

Black Diamond
First Name
Willard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have yet to see anything definitive that states we will be able to order 2022 options when we place our orders. I hope it's something that Ford considered, at least for ManSquatch, but don't have a good feeling about it. Unless our dealer can delay our order, early reservation holders may be out of luck.
Yeah, I may have to decide whether to give up the manual for the Sasquatch or just go base. Decisions, decisions.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I see your point, but you hove to look at what X plan was meant to be. It was originally a program for Ford Employees to give out (I think 2 a year) to people that didn't qualify for their A Plan purchase, so cousins, neighbors, etc. That still exists, I think its called friends and family or something like that.

Years ago this expanded and X Plan Partners started. This is where about everyone can qualify for X plan, employees of almost any company that buys in large fleet orders and even as was said Mustang club. This is also when X plan went from being a savings to not so much, it used to be under invoice, when this started they added the fee to X plan that now makes it over, and on most vehicles you can normally buy for invoice minus incentives.

So yes, I agree that if they eliminated the "partners" X plan it would work, but that would mean that almost no one here would qualify for X plan.

One issue I see that I forget about is DOC fees, we don't charge them so I forget about them. In my example of MSRP ad limits, this would also be a good time for Ford to have a limit (or a complete ban) on DOC fees since some are crazy, I thought it was nuts at $50, now around here most are almost $200 and I read some of you talking double or triple that, and that shouldn't be legal.
Doc fees limits are set by the state. In some states that have it, If a dealer charges one, they have to charge everyone the same amount. Most states cap at $80-$100, but other states like Florida have no regulations or caps, so it's up to the dealer.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What is so custom? You can't really get to custom with the options and packages available at the moment. Oooh, this SAS with lux package is so custom. :rolleyes: Get over yourself mister flannel pants.
I think that is marketing fluff. They want people to feel like ordering a Lux Squatch is custom. Considering the number of people who have never ordered a car before, it may feel that way.

Bogeybekk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doc fees limits are set by the state. In some states that have it, If a dealer charges one, they have to charge everyone the same amount. Most states cap at $80-$100, but other states like Florida have no regulations or caps, so it's up to the dealer.
In Northern Virginia, it's $899. Made the decision to go with Stephens an easy one.
Sponsored