Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think that is marketing fluff. They want people to feel like ordering a Lux Squatch is custom. Considering the number of people who have never ordered a car before, it may feel that way.
I explained it earlier, he means custom as in not a stock order. On normal models ford had projections and popular packages that end up being common builds with similar MSRPs. Like we order a lot of 302A package f150s and rarely order 301A or 300A
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still no clarity on why a MY 2022 Vehicle needs to be ordered in the MY21 reservation conversion process. Can Ford at least answer this basic question. If I do not convert my late September reservation in the MY21 deadline with some options not available, I lose my reservation? Unless painted top shows up at late availability this whole investment of my interest and time still results in losing my reservation.

This information/availability/timing of the order is when the forum will blow up.

I'm holding hope that some significant changes occur in the January B&P.
Because no one actually knows whether or not their reservation will turn into a MY22 delivery.

The Sept cut off date was only in regards to what numbers they will apply to the formula... not who's reservation will ultimately be MY21 and who's will be MY22.

If everyone in front of you cancelled their reservations, it's not like Ford is going to sit on your order for a year.... you move up. If a production miracle occurs and they can double their production... your delivery moves up.

Everyone places their order for MY21.... and if they don't get to yours by the time MY22 production rolls around, Ford has publicly stated you will "work with your dealer" to submit an updated MY22 order with access to MY22 features or options while maintaining your position in the reservation ranks.

So yes, if you don't place an order by the cutoff, you lose your reservation.

In reference to your painted top comment... it has been said that "late availability (MY21) options" will likely be visible in your dealer's ordering system even though they wont show in B&P (since only currently available options do).. so when you place your order, you will be able to pick a black painted top, and a warning will pop up that it's late availability. If you're hoping for a MY22 option, like color matched tops, well then that's never going to show in the ordering banks for a MY21 vehicle.

Last edited:

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
LOL

“Hi, we’re Ford. We have billions of dollars and only build one thing (vehicles). We are in total control of how and when and where we build our one thing (vehicles). Yeah, COVID sucks and has messed up some of our supply chains etc. but we got the baby Bronco out on time! Oh, your big Broncos? Yeah we don’t know how we are going to build them, where we are going to build them and if you choose popular options you’ll be waiting. If your dealer has too many reservations relative to the number of Broncos we will send them, your day-one reservation won’t mean jack, and you’ll be waiting. It’s all those exactly-the-same “custom builds” you are forcing us to make so you’ll ALL be waiting. We don’t even know what the gross weight is going to be - even though we design components to handle given weights before we started slapping pre-production models together. But, we aren’t sure about any of that stuff either even though we are the ones coming up with all this sh*t and control it any way we want, so the best thing to do is just give us money and wait.”

That video was one of the dumbest things I’ve watched in a long time.

Jk

Last edited:

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What Ford communicated.

o-reservation-change-date-and-21my-cutoff-date-jpg.jpg

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Allocation: He really said it's a VERY complicated formula I DONT want to get into it ...
This was probably the thing I liked least about that video. If something can be expressed as a formula, it's NOT complicated. By saying it is complicated he was essentially saying that they have no formula. They're just making things up as they go.
Probably poor form to reply to my own post, but I had one more thought ...

I think that "complicated formula" in this context means the following: Ford is going to allocate Broncos however they choose, to appease the big dealers. Then they need some way to placate us (end buyers) and the smaller dealers, as a secondary priority.

So they need some way to make it look like, hey, it just worked out that way! Look at the formula! The formula that Ford eventually reverse engineers to match the decisions they already made is going to be really complicated. :)

Sponsored

Dwolen

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a feeling anyone with a Sasquatch package is going to get pushed way back

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a feeling anyone with a Sasquatch package is going to get pushed way back
I think FE come first, the. WT, the. You are right. Never doubted my WT choice and this just confirms it for me. No way Ford is not going to build a WT so someone can have their Based Sasquatch.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think FE come first, the. WT, the. You are right. Never doubted my WT choice and this just confirms it for me. No way Ford is not going to build a WT so someone can have their Based Sasquatch.
From a business standpoint this is my thinking too. Just making up numbers here, but for simplicity sake say Ford makes $600 for ever Base model they sell, but they make $3.5k on every Wildtrak they sell. They're going to be far more interested in pushing those higher end models out. Also they probably want flagship models on road asap.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From a business standpoint this is my thinking too. Just making up numbers here, but for simplicity sake say Ford makes $600 for ever Base model they sell, but they make $3.5k on every Wildtrak they sell. They're going to be far more interested in pushing those higher end models out. Also they probably want flagship models on road asap.
Exactly.. that was the word I couldn't think of... Flagship.

Sponsored

LiquidIQ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, Impreza Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tesla does this, GM is doing this with the new Hummer - I think it's a no-brainer that Ford would follow the same formula, whether or not it pisses people off. Get out the high-profit units first, and treat everyone else like second-hand citizens.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought there was suppose to be another one of these videos tonight?
Sponsored