Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, hopefully the video stops people from constantly just claiming that Ford is going in timestamp order. They are going by timestamp...within your dealer only. If you are at a small dealer and don’t have a day one or two reservation, you’re probably screwed. Big dealer, and you’re probably fine. I’m a day 4 at a small dealer with a lot of reservations, so it’s probably a 22 at best. I wouldn’t have a problem if Ford hadn’t first said that it would go in timestamp order, and then changed it to an allocation system to favor big dealers. That’s also why I don’t trust his comment that reservations will be built before dealer stock. I think that’s the case in MY21 only, as they have backed off that statement otherwise and even removed it from their FAQs. Levine was specific in saying model year 21 would be for reservations only. So day 4 at a small dealer...might not even get a 22, as allocation will again favor big dealers.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry everyone but as someone who comes up with complicated algorithms for a living, I'd bet my down payment that their's is "let's see what comes in for orders and make it up as we go"
Manufacturing is a complicated dance with many partners. Each model has multiple suppliers all around the world from the Engine assembly to the nut that holds the windshield wiper on. Most parts are "just in time" meaning they arrive at the time the vehicle is being assembled. There will be a plan based around what's actually ordered. If Getrag can only supply 100 transmissions a month, Ford can't build more than 100 manual Broncos per month. Supply bottlenecks are real.

What is so custom? You can't really get to custom with the options and packages available at the moment. Oooh, this SAS with lux package is so custom. :rolleyes: Get over yourself mister flannel pants.
What he means is custom as in a retail customer order. In the dealership, we can order various types Retail, Stock, Fleet, etc... This is the first time in my time at a dealership that there won't be stock orders for a model launch. When we order cars, Ford tells us what options are constrained so we can change our stock orders to accommodate what will actually get built.

Like right now, I need F250s, but Tremor is constrained. If Ford allocates me 10 F250s I can order 10 F250s all as Tremor packages, but I might only get one, and the rest of my allocations get pushed back. If I order 10 without Tremor, I might get all 10 built. 10 non-Tremor is better than 1 Tremor. I don't have that luxury with Bronco, each one is made for a specific customer, I can't just change the orders.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I also want to note that Ford has stated multiple times, and even in this video (although he did later contradict himself): They have enough reservations that there will be 0 stock orders in the 2021 Model Year, every Bronco will be an customer ordered Bronco.

Any Bronco you see on a dealer lot that isn't sold is an backed out order. Ford will be penalizing dealers that order Bronco for customers that cancelled before they're scheduled.

I can only speak for my dealership, but we have no interest in ordering a Bronco that a customer doesn't fully intend on buying. Having one on the lot would be nice, but we want to minimize that as it would be detrimental to our other customers.
Hey so maybe you can answer this....

So I’m a July 23 reservation and had been thinking I’d get mine late fall/winter of 2021. But now I realize how big the “allocation” will impact when orders actually get built.

Now say the dealer I order from has 15 reservations, but gets allocated only 10 Broncos for 2021.

Now say they get 12 orders.

When do those other 2 orders get built/shipped/delivered????

The next time that dealer gets allocated more Broncos?

Would it be 2022 before more allocations are even determined by Ford?

vaman23

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, Dodge, Nissan, Toyota, Yamaha, Ducati
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lol....reserved late 8-14, also fully load with 2.7 sas, and dealer has 180+ reservations... I guess I'll get mine close to 2023.

Sponsored

accord77

Big Bend
First Name
joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 acura tlx awd
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So there is no way Granger is going to get all their reservations in a timely manor?
they should be fine quite a few ppl took the $2,000.00 below invoice price sale in October and were expecting their broncos to arrive in 2022. and the early reservation holder that convert will help there allocation for the next batch of orders. so the bottom line is if you have a timed stamped for the first 3 days we should be fine. no worries. He Specifically said orders first before stock.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It sucks but it seems that the more information that comes out from Ford the more confused we get.

I'm a Ford guy but I'm really losing faith in this rollout here. And the guy answering the questions had very nonchalant and laid-back half answers. Whats the point of putting that on if you're not really answering the questions?

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, hopefully the video stops people from constantly just claiming that Ford is going in timestamp order. They are going by timestamp...within your dealer only. If you are at a small dealer and don’t have a day one or two reservation, you’re probably screwed. Big dealer, and you’re probably fine. I’m a day 4 at a small dealer with a lot of reservations, so it’s probably a 22 at best. I wouldn’t have a problem if Ford hadn’t first said that it would go in timestamp order, and then changed it to an allocation system to favor big dealers. That’s also why I don’t trust his comment that reservations will be built before dealer stock. I think that’s the case in MY21 only, as they have backed off that statement otherwise and even removed it from their FAQs. Levine was specific in saying model year 21 would be for reservations only. So day 4 at a small dealer...might not even get a 22, as allocation will again favor big dealers.
I trust Esteban’s statement. This was all scripted, so I will take it, mostly, at face value.

DanTuck

Wildtrak
First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So has anyone else out there been given 2 different reservation dates. I did mine 3 hours after the initial release due to the site crashing and was given a number and a reservation date. Now when I check my account I have a different date with the same number.

5A44F7AF-EA97-445A-BB79-8E0421545D15.png

66EBAA88-33E7-467B-AA7E-2E71C957BE0E.png

Sponsored

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Calling Albert or Zach? Your customer service set the standard.

I searched Albert on here and it shows he has not responded to a thread since Nov 27th.

As clients I believe we deserve an update - either good or bad. But no communication is not consistent with the standard you set that allowed you to earn so many reservations. We will stand by you but let us know what is going on.

Respectfully

Tag