Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey so maybe you can answer this....

So I’m a July 23 reservation and had been thinking I’d get mine late fall/winter of 2021. But now I realize how big the “allocation” will impact when orders actually get built.

Now say the dealer I order from has 15 reservations, but gets allocated only 10 Broncos for 2021.

Now say they get 12 orders.

When do those other 2 orders get built/shipped/delivered????

The next time that dealer gets allocated more Broncos?

Would it be 2022 before more allocations are even determined by Ford?
The allocations come after the converted orders, as that plays a role in the allocation formula. Those two orders will be 2022s in that scenario. They would be prioritized in 2022 MY since they're retail orders as opposed to stock orders. They would be scheduled when the dealer gets 2022 allocation. When that is, I couldn't tell you, and we probably won't know until 2021 production is winding down.
Sponsored

Smrideatiger76

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I for one love bronco. The design and the engineering seems to be top notch. With that being said this is my dream vehicle and I’m not forgoing anything just for the slim chance it gets me my ride faster and there won’t be delays. I want what I want and I’m not sacrificing. I want the 2.7 and I want Sasquatch, if it slows my build down so be it. If it slows it down to where I walk away so be it. I’m not ordering something and then have tons of regrets and be pissed off because this is supposed to be my dream rig
⬆ THIS!

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Funny, Tesla fires all its marketing types as unneeded expense. Ford invests in flannel wearing internet forums in addition to standard marketing. We can guess which approach is most likely better for the bottom line.
Which one? Ford sells more vehicles, by far, with a higher margin on most.

DWG342

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm a planner too. Project manager to be specific. And as planners, we have to always plan for contingencies.
Have you considered a plan c, plan d? Such as mentally accepting a MY22 if you can't get it on time?
So there has been slot of talk about MY 22. Any idea when MY 22 would be expected to be available

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The dealer allocation stuff is BS. I'm fk'n exhausted
People tried to warn everyone that this might come back to haunt them signing on to a small dealer with lots of reservations. Many wouldn't listen and felt like the dealer was being picked on. The wait has only begun and panic is starting.

Sponsored

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is such a bad quality video. No one has a good lens, good mic, etc. Real hostage demand vibes. They aren’t even trying to be professional.

Anyways, seems like you are at the mercy of your selected dealer and their respective allocation for most aspects of your build/order. The dates are fairly arbitrary I wonder what happens if you wait until after March, do you just forfeit your reservation?

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So, hopefully the video stops people from constantly just claiming that Ford is going in timestamp order. They are going by timestamp...within your dealer only. If you are at a small dealer and don’t have a day one or two reservation, you’re probably screwed. Big dealer, and you’re probably fine. I’m a day 4 at a small dealer with a lot of reservations, so it’s probably a 22 at best. I wouldn’t have a problem if Ford hadn’t first said that it would go in timestamp order, and then changed it to an allocation system to favor big dealers. That’s also why I don’t trust his comment that reservations will be built before dealer stock. I think that’s the case in MY21 only, as they have backed off that statement otherwise and even removed it from their FAQs. Levine was specific in saying model year 21 would be for reservations only. So day 4 at a small dealer...might not even get a 22, as allocation will again favor big dealers.
Hate to say it... but yup. Non believers are trying to convince themselves otherwise...

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

People tried to warn everyone that this might come back to haunt them signing on to a small dealer with lots of reservations. Many wouldn't listen and felt like the dealer was being picked on. The wait has only begun and panic is starting.
Agree...I got a lot of "feedback" when I even suggested this could happen. Not everyone will be happy in the end, but I also think they'll get nowhere near the conversion rate from reservations they're thinking and will put more people in a good spot than bad. In the end, we're getting upset before we know, and we're getting upset over a couple of months in most cases.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The allocations come after the converted orders, as that plays a role in the allocation formula. Those two orders will be 2022s in that scenario. They would be prioritized in 2022 MY since they're retail orders as opposed to stock orders. They would be scheduled when the dealer gets 2022 allocation. When that is, I couldn't tell you, and we probably won't know until 2021 production is winding down.
That's not what was said in the video-

Pocobronco87

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 2001
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I fine with waiting till 2022 let’s aftermarket and more viewings of broncos plus sum of the bugs worked out I drive me 2001 Toyota till then oh and hopefully covid vaccine I too

Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So in theory... you could be a July 20th reservation, be reserved at a small dealer that only gets say 50 allocations. As it sits you were #25 at that dealer... 25 other reservation holders that reserved before the 20th could change their reservation to your dealer and push you out of your dealers 50 count?

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is such a bad quality video. No one has a good lens, good mic, etc. Real hostage demand vibes. They aren’t even trying to be professional.

Anyways, seems like you are at the mercy of your selected dealer and their respective allocation for most aspects of your build/order. The dates are fairly arbitrary I wonder what happens if you wait until after March, do you just forfeit your reservation?
Hard to say since Bronco Sport didn't get this much demand and used the same reservation system.

If you want a sport and missed the deadline, we can still order it.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, this might be a case of too much information. There are too many ways to go wrong or misinterpret information. The more detailed the information the greater the confusion and misinformation.
Sponsored