Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s probably why they put together a video how to turn seven screws on the modular bumper... this will pacify the audience (muhahaha)
Videos like that are probably needed judging by the comments. Some saw 4 screws and others saw 9. :unsure:

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You DO realize I hope this is the ONLY important data point in the entire process.

Ford's first attempt in the 'direct to consumer' business model has been clumsy...but if it inches us even one tiny step closer to a world without non-value middlemen, I am its biggest fan
I understand your point of view, this is a discussion about the ordering process. Insulting my profession is not a valuable add to the conversation.

At this point I'm here to help answer questions on my own accord, and on my own time. If you would like to have a rational discussion on the merits or demerits of the dealer system in the US, I'm happy to do it in an off topic forum or PM.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have 2 reservations and got an email for 1 reservation.
I have two reservations and usually only get one email. This time I got two emails about two hours apart but both reference my later reservation. I suspect Ford's system somehow only grabs the later reservation on the communications. Probably not the greatest design for email communication.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
this is a discussion about the ordering process
EXACTLY where my comment is focused.

Deep Throat said it best: "Follow the money". in other words, Who Benefits? Does FoMoCo, or the dealer network, benefit from this secrecy?

Jb7

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well my dealer didn’t have a problem telling me how many reservations they have, nor did my past dealer that I switched from...so not sure regarding the secrecy from certain dealers, must be the dealerships personal preference....and if that’s the case, I have the freedom to go to dealers that are up front and open with information

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they'd have just done a 10 sec vid telling us that NDA's are in place on all this, they would have saved us all time.
who does they refer to?

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well my dealer didn’t have a problem telling me how many reservations they have, nor did my past dealer that I switched from...so not sure regarding the secrecy from certain dealers, must be the dealerships personal preference....and if that’s the case, I have the freedom to go to dealers that are up front and open with information
I think you'll find dealers don't want to post on public forums where other dealers could use that info to decide if they want to spend marketing money to try to get those customers to switch.

The Bronco reservation system was a good idea, it just needed more rules to keep it from becoming the mess it has become. If it had been done like the Mach E, I think things would be much smoother.

Sponsored

cheapshot

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra,Infinity
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just a thought but doesn’t ford’s new model year usually come out in or around October

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a thought but doesn’t ford’s new model year usually come out in or around October
Back in the day the new models started showing up in September with an introduction date in early October, you could only sell them 2 weeks before intro, so early ones would come in with "NOT FOR SALE" on the stickers.

That said, its all out the window now, intro date is different on each model, I just got a 20 Edge, and my first 21 won't be built until late January, I think Escapes are in the same boat, but Explorers have been 21's for a while now. Sometimes F-150's will have new models at Dearborn while KC is still making last years.

I'm GUESSING Bronco will stay 21 until year end due to the short model year.

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you have a first day reservation, and are planning to get a base sasquatch when do we think we’ll get our truck? July/august?

cheapshot

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra,Infinity
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Back in the day the new models started showing up in September with an introduction date in early October, you could only sell them 2 weeks before intro, so early ones would come in with "NOT FOR SALE" on the stickers.

That said, its all out the window now, intro date is different on each model, I just got a 20 Edge, and my first 21 won't be built until late January, I think Escapes are in the same boat, but Explorers have been 21's for a while now. Sometimes F-150's will have new models at Dearborn while KC is still making last years.

I'm GUESSING Bronco will stay 21 until year end due to the short model year.
Thank you

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Interesting that in the bronco nation video they mention dealers requiring a deposit because they want us to have skin in the game. They’re worried about unsold ordered bronco’s. I would imagine these would sell in mins and probably at a decent markup.
Sponsored