First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
why do people keep comparing a 6 to an 8 cylinder? why stop at 8? let's compare it to a 10 and 12 also? Does that make any sense?

BTW .. I also own a 2019 Raptor and a 2018 Lariat and I agree the exhaust is NOT good. BUT The gen3 Raptor is completely different.

Please go test drive the new raptor. It has more than a valved exhaust. The exhaust is completely new from the cat back

Watch this video from a guy who owns a few cars

For me it’s sound. Does that Gen3 have piped in sound? Either way. The sound of a turbo whistle isn’t the grunt I prefer. I just test drove a 2.7 Bronco BL and the sound really threw me off. I know I’m old school… but I was in this rugged off-road MACHINE .. and it was whistling. Just weird to me personally
Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Raptor has Live shocks and it tows 8400. F150 tows 11000 pounds without lives shocks.

I'm going to speculate that it will have a Higher Tow Rating.......
Especially if it has the electronically adjustable shocks..... just saying....

Last edited:

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Three camps. Third is I just think it is stupid. No offense to others that think they are cool. I just don't see how they make any sense.
I am with you in the third group. With the size and width this is to big for most trails leaving more open desert or Dunes. With what this would be good at the Raptor or TRX would be better with a lower center of gravity. The upside to the Bronco over the jeep was daily driving. I would hate to have to drive this anywhere or let alone park it. The sound and the video was disappointing. It should have been able to nail through the whoops but I think the badlands could easily go faster than he did.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Honestly the only appealing thing to me are the headlights and tails. The super extreme shocks and suspension are overkill for my use, and the 4 door aesthetic as well as the whistling engine sound just don't do anything for me.

Sponsored

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Three camps. Third is I just think it is stupid. No offense to others that think they are cool. I just don't see how they make any sense.
That's like me saying that since I don't go rock crawling I don't think any Bronco should have a sway bar disconnect. There is more than one type of off roading. The Raptor's primary purpose is high speed desert like you find in the Nevada, California, Arizona, and Baja. Just because you don't participate in a specific type of off roading doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.

Prior to the Raptor being announced my plan was to get a Badlands and get aftermarket long travel for it. Now I don't have to do that. I can purchase a Raptor and it will handle the majority of the areas I off road.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Raptor has Live shocks and it rows 8400. F150 tows 11000 pounds without lives shocks.
(fixed it for you)

My point was that is has been widely accepted that the rear suspension (shocks & springs) of the Bronco was the "main" reason for the 3500 Max Tow Rating. Now with Adjustable (Live Shocks), with a flip of the switch so to speak, the rear shocks could be set to a much stiffer setting. Doing so, "should" allow for a higher Tow Rating on a Bronco Raptor.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

makes the OBX look like a Bronco Sport in comparison

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm going to speculate that it will have a Higher Tow Rating.......
Especially if it has the electronically adjustable shocks..... just saying....
The tow will likely be less. The long travel suspension is not good for towing. The tow rating on the F150 Raptor is significantly lower than the regular F150.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No thanks. I will stick with my badlands as in B.C. we need more crawling then high speed desert or mall driving. Considering the added cost for a raptor version, definitely a no go for me.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds pretty bad. Just very weird sound. Still looks cool. Just expect a beefier sound. But who am I kidding. In 10 years, every car will be electric.
Sponsored