First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
no amount of valving is going to make an ecoboost sound good.
Exactly! I have an 3.5 Eco in my F150, on forums and FB guys are always asking about what exhaust. I have listened to a lot of combos and it all sounds like trash. Eco’s have great power, but all sound like garbage.
Sponsored

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Here is the song they should have played to get people pumped!

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The tow will likely be less. The long travel suspension is not good for towing. The tow rating on the F150 Raptor is significantly lower than the regular F150.
So..... :unsure::unsure::unsure: ...the Adjustable Live Shocks which can be set stiffer to handle more tongue weight can't be a factor in improving the Tow Rating???? Ooooookkkkkkkk......... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Time will tell.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So..... :unsure::unsure::unsure: ...the Adjustable Live Shocks which can be set stiffer to handle more tongue weight can't be a factor in improving the Tow Rating???? Ooooookkkkkkkk......... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Time will tell.
Shocks do not carry the load. Springs carry the load. Shocks dampen the action of the springs. Go back to your suspension 101 class. If the Fox shocks are similar to what is on the F150 Raptor they are not user adjustable. They are computer controlled.

Sponsored

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I leveled out the side by side photo and highlighted the tire touch points so you can get a better idea of just how much taller it is than the OBX.

Ford Bronco Video: 2022 Bronco Raptor Off-Roading, Side-by-Side vs Standard (Outer Banks) Bronco, and Rear End Undercarriage lvled

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I leveled out the side by side photo and highlighted the tire touch points so you can get a better idea of just how much taller it is than the OBX.

Ford Bronco Video: 2022 Bronco Raptor Off-Roading, Side-by-Side vs Standard (Outer Banks) Bronco, and Rear End Undercarriage lvled
Seeing that they use the same side view mirrors the Raptor is a full mirror width higher. That looks tp be in the 5"-6" range.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shocks do not carry the load. Springs carry the load. Shocks dampen the action of the springs. Go back to your suspension 101 class. If the Fox shocks are similar to what is on the F150 Raptor they are not user adjustable. They are computer controlled.
The Bronco doesn't have leaf springs like the F150 Raptor, but uses basically Coil Overs, so the shocks are a part of the Load Carrying equation.

As to not being User Adjustable, but computer controlled..... select the Tow Option on the display screen.... yep... computer controlled...

Again.... Time Will Tell...

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Bronco doesn't have leaf springs like the F150 Raptor, but uses basically Coil Overs, so the shocks are a part of the Load Carrying equation.

As to not being User Adjustable, but computer controlled..... select the Tow Option on the display screen.... yep... computer controlled...

Shocks do not carry the load. Period. The 2021 Raptor (F150) is now on coils springs. "Selecting the tow mode" would only stiffen the dampening. Stiffening the dampening does not increase the tow rating or weight bearing of the suspension. Now if you added air bags, you could increase the towing capability.

lbryja

First Edition
First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The biggest thing I got out of that video is that Ford must be listening to us. That thing has side steps that also cover up the pinch welds!

Sponsored

LSU_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

OBX has 33in or 35in tires here?

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
OBX has 33in or 35in tires here?
That honestly looks like 33" with the Raptor on 37" which really explains the drastic height difference imo.

LSU_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That honestly looks like 33" with the Raptor on 37" which really explains the drastic height difference imo.
yeah that was my real question. If this OBX has 33's I rather see a Sasquatch Bronco next to this Raptor for a better sense of the height difference.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
yeah that was my real question. If this OBX has 33's I rather see a Sasquatch Bronco next to this Raptor for a better sense of the height difference.
I completely agree. I know it's marketing but a lot of the photos of the Raptor compared to the normal Bronco size seems disingenuous.

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Unless it is an air shock there is no way to make a metal coil spring tighter unless you have some active preload. Most coiler overs have dual springs and collars you can adjust but once it is set that is it. I do not think the Raptor has the ability to adjust. As the other person stated tightening the shock will only affect damping not load bearing. You either have good offroading or good towing without some sort of air system added in. It is not just spring load either. The lower load rated tires are also lighter but squat better over rocks. Heavy duty rear sway bar as well is needed. The Bronco does not even have one to help rear flex.
Sponsored