Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Seems to me if you already want a 4dr/AT/V6/High Badlands (non-SAS) and plan to spend money to upgrade if to make if beefier, you’ve got about a $15k “beefy“ budget to play with vs BRaptor. IF you can find a dealer to sell you a 2023 Braptor for MSRP.

For that 15k you get a lot of stuff (It’s basically a different vehicle than all other Broncos). Engine (+88HP, +25 TQ), HOSS 4.0, F150 Raptor Axles/Brakes/Tie rod, Reinforced Frame, Torsional bracing, Tow Package (+1000lb), true dual exhaust, bolstered front seats, some fog lighting, 37” K02s, additional skids, additional cooling, all under Manufacturer warranty. All done with the intention that all the upgrades work together with limited compromise.

if you like them, you get aesthetics including Raptor lighting, grill, active heat extracting hood, all four quarter panels, magnesium paddle shifters, steering wheel and other interior aesthetics and lest we forget the big beautiful flares everyone loves.

The after market parts ex-engine will eat up the $15k. And labor, Unless you do all the upgrades yourself, will be a fortune in lost time and money. Compromises and mistakes will likely be made making it likely the modded truck won’t perform as well (on and off-road) as a stock Braptor. Finally you’ll end up with a highly modified Badlands that will look like a money pit upon resale vs. the BRaptor.

This was my logic (for me!) as I’m not going to replace suspension, axles, engine or any technical labor intensive mods myself. Excuse the long note!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes. No way in hell anyone can build to the Warthog specs for 15K or even 20K.

And with the Warthog, you get a factory warranty.

:)

Seems to me if you already want a 4dr/AT/V6/High Badlands (non-SAS) and plan to spend money to upgrade if to make if beefier, you’ve got about a $15k “beefy“ budget to play with vs BRaptor. IF you can find a dealer to sell you a 2023 Braptor for MSRP.

For that 15k you get a lot of stuff (It’s basically a different vehicle than all other Broncos). Engine (+88HP, +25 TQ), HOSS 4.0, F150 Raptor Axles/Brakes/Tie rod, Reinforced Frame, Torsional bracing, Tow Package (+1000lb), true dual exhaust, bolstered front seats, some fog lighting, 37” K02s, additional skids, additional cooling, all under Manufacturer warranty. All done with the intention that all the upgrades work together with limited compromise.

if you like them, you get aesthetics including Raptor lighting, grill, active heat extracting hood, all four quarter panels, magnesium paddle shifters, steering wheel and other interior aesthetics and lest we forget the big beautiful flares everyone loves.

The after market parts ex-engine will eat up the $15k. And labor, Unless you do all the upgrades yourself, will be a fortune in lost time and money. Compromises and mistakes will likely be made making it likely the modded truck won’t perform as well (on and off-road) as a stock Braptor. Finally you’ll end up with a highly modified Badlands that will look like a money pit upon resale vs. the BRaptor.

This was my logic (for me!) as I’m not going to replace suspension, axles, engine or any technical labor intensive mods myself. Excuse the long note!!

Last edited:

TheDo114

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There's also this video of someone rock crawling the bronco raptor. A bunch of other bronco's are feature in it.

Make sure to check out from 22:54 for max articulation shots of the bronco raptor.

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well good news, the bronco raptor comes with rubber mats and a wash out vinyl interior. Included a video at the proper timestamp that will show you the floor.

One thing it kinda glossed over in the video and I couldn't tell....but I'm thinking....the Raptor has the plug that can be pulled for drainage?

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It seems You are trying your best to come up with a reason not to buy one.

and of course it has a drain plug.

One thing it kinda glossed over in the video and I couldn't tell....but I'm thinking....the Raptor has the plug that can be pulled for drainage?

Sponsored

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It seems You are trying your best to come up with a reason not to buy one.

and of course it has a drain plug.
Lol...yeah, I'm too easily swayed? You know, if the Raptor came with a Rolex Raptor watch, that'd seal the deal. Just kiddin'. I was thinking Badlands but the darn Raptor really does have more than enough upgrades to justify the price. You guys are making it too hard on me. Decisions, decisions...and the darn tube doors work too, so there goes that issue...drats...

didn't see this before, but it looks like it comes with the tow package, as well....

Oh, everyone getting the orange as it's only available on the Raptor?

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
code orange is only available on ford performance vehicles >> gt500, gen3 f150 raptor and warthog

Lol...yeah, I'm too easily swayed? You know, if the Raptor came with a Rolex Raptor watch, that'd seal the deal. Just kiddin'. I was thinking Badlands but the darn Raptor really does have more than enough upgrades to justify the price. You guys are making it too hard on me. Decisions, decisions...and the darn tube doors work too, so there goes that issue...drats...

didn't see this before, but it looks like it comes with the tow package, as well....

Oh, everyone getting the orange as it's only available on the Raptor?

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
code orange is only available on ford performance vehicles >> gt500, gen3 f150 raptor and warthog
So....that makes it almost a must to get it, I presume. I actually really like that color, anyway.

TheDo114

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And it has improved towing over any other bronco. 4500lbs for the bronco raptor vs 3500lbs on any other bronco.

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was thinking Badlands but the darn Raptor really does have more than enough upgrades to justify the price.
and you probably haven’t factored in that the floor mats and hood struts are standard. No extra charge!
Sponsored