Advertisement

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
That sounds like something the fat unpopular smelly kid would say about the star quarterback.

Actually it looks like all the Fords are riding with the benchmark for off-road vehicles.
Compare the Defender 110 vs Bronco Wildtrak. The spec's are almost identical. I think FoMoCo and Land Rover bench marked each other lol. But price and reliability history not. I love and respect the technology of all off road vehicles even the ugly ones or the ones I can't afford.

Just sayin if I get stuck or about to have a major fail I am happy to see anyone driving anything with the skill and ability to help out. It's one community out there.

NCOBX

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Compare the Defender 110 vs Bronco Wildtrak. The spec's are almost identical. I think FoMoCo and Land Rover bench marked each other lol. But price and reliability history not. I love and respect the technology of all off road vehicles even the ugly ones or the ones I can't afford.

Just sayin if I get stuck or about to have a major fail I am happy to see anyone driving anything with the skill and ability to help out. It's one community out there.
The new Defender? You mean the minivan based platform defender?

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
The new Defender? You mean the minivan based platform defender?
Yeah the one withe IFS like FoMoCo. I love buses. Maybe it goes back to my '73 VW Westfalia.

NCOBX

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Yeah the one withe IFS like FoMoCo. I love buses. Maybe it goes back to my '73 VW Westfalia.
I’m not worried about the IFS, the Bronco at least has the solid rear axle and the full length ladder frame. I’m not sure what LR was doing when they dropped the new Defender on us. Unibody is not off-road worthy and the suspension design is opposite of what’s needed for an off-road vehicle. The entire vehicle looks like a handicap accessible van with the requisite low floor height.

TexasTj

Big Bend
First Name
Nathaniel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover LR3
I swear I can't take this. Every day I waffle between 2 & 4 dr looking at every new pic trying to wrap my head around size comparisons.

Well, going on off this pic and the 4 door Heep for comparison I would be back on 4 door, today.....as of this morning.

giphy.gif
Hands down I want the 2 door! It’s so sexy. But the wife is saying if I sell my LR3 the Bronco has to have 4 doors. 😡

abnormal

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Ha!

I live in Arizona, if I get stuck 25 miles from the nearest road...I don't care if it's a lifted Camaro with a winch to help me get out.

Parker

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Check out the wheel rims - I think the official driver instructions are "Drive em like you stole em"

Norsman

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
I'm thinking a soft top with an external aftermarket roof rack would be a versatile set up.

First Name
Steven
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Clubs

I flip between 2 and 4 door, but the wife demanded I get a 2 door. Its times like these I remember why I decided to marry her.

Desert_6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Clubs

I hope we get better shots of the 4 door soft top - looks good so far. I do like a quiet civilized ride - so I wonder if this will be pretty good, or if I am solely in the hardtop camp. It will be a tough decision.

1596122173767.png
I'm going for the more quiet civilized ride as well. That's why I'm going hard top. Should be quieter and better at insulating the heat/ac.

WildTrak

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Thanks for sharing this video.

In terms of order of want, I go 4, 3, 2, and um... no thanks.

Advertisement

Advertisement