Sponsored

[Video Added] 2023 Ranger Raptor Spied Testing With Bronco Warthog!

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

does not make up for the weak ass sound and towing.

why sell a car called warthog with a SUV engine?
You're not getting a boost in towing no matter what motor without changing the suspension and a longer wheelbase. Those are the limiting factors on the Bronco not the drivetrain.

And the Bronco is an SUV with an SUV motor...
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Would you say that all your arguments also applies to the Raptor? If yes, then why is the Raptor so successful?

You said >> it wont sell at all.

Let's puts some money on it. I bet you $100 that Ford will sell every Warthog they can make.

enough of your rambling. let's make a bet sir.

what a lame argument lol

yea i drive a CRV my grandmother gave it to me as my first car and its been great.

3.0 ecoboost is a joke when compared to the fact that the 2.7 is in standard broncos. and if they plan to sell a warthog at 70k with an engine that yawn enducing , it wont sell at all.

Meanwhile jeep will be selling their hemi's like its going out of style even if they are pushing 80 grand and going over 60mph causes the car to fall to peices on the highway

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would you say that all your arguments also applies to the Raptor? If yes, then why is the Raptor so successful?
Current Raptor sounds like my Stihl weed eater, itā€™s living on the reputation of the first Gen. Thereā€™s a reason Fordā€™s fixing the engine situation.

I wouldnā€™t call the 3.0 an SUV engine itā€™s been going into crossovers since itā€™s inception. Thatā€™s just me though.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the most popular raptor is the original V8 SVT raptor. And in 2 days ford announces a supercharged v8.

what exactly is your argument here?

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well then give me boost on a normal sized engine. I have plenty of experience with turbos both in diesel and gas engines, including Fords 2.7L.
My driveway has N/A engines exclusively, part of that reason is because turbos are being used to make up the shortcoming of engines too small for the applications they are being used in.

Regardless that is neither here nor there. Ford wants to sell a halo vehicle but give it an engine that doesnā€™t jive with the vehicle.
Boost is being used because larger displacements are being legislated out of existence. They can't hit the government mandated fuel economy standards by playing by the old rules. Don't like it? Take it up with your legislators.

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Boost is being used because larger displacements are being legislated out of existence. They can't hit the government mandated fuel economy standards by playing with the old rules. Don't like it? Take it up with your legislators.
Iā€™m sorry but FCA has proven that those fines add very little to the cost of the vehicle. Put the 7.3L in the Bronco and charge me a $500 unicorn fart EPA fee on top of the upcharge for the engine and I will happily pay.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Boost is being used because larger displacements are being legislated out of existence. They can't hit the government mandated fuel economy standards by playing by the old rules. Don't like it? Take it up with your legislators.
cant they built a wall

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
everyone puts way too much emphasis on sound. I agree that a good sounding engine is great BUT does everyone listen to their engine when they are driving? Or is power and torque also important? The 3.5L HO has plenty of power and torque.

BTW .. I also own a 2018 M2 with a MPE (M-Performace Exhaust) and is simply the best sounding car I have ever own. BUT most of the sound is outside and when I am driving it I am not standing outside to hear all the glory of that sound.

Current Raptor sounds like my Stihl weed eater, itā€™s living on the reputation of the first Gen. Thereā€™s a reason Fordā€™s fixing the engine situation.

I wouldnā€™t call the 3.0 an SUV engine itā€™s been going into crossovers since itā€™s inception. Thatā€™s just me though.

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do they sell a ranger raptor now?

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m sorry but FCA has proven that those fines add very little to the cost of the vehicle. Put the 7.3L in the Bronco and charge me a $500 unicorn fart EPA fee on top of the upcharge for the engine and I will happily pay.
Lol. FCA, sorry Stellantis, will be irrelevant in a few years barring some hail mary change in direction. They're throwing Hemis in everything they can now to cash in before that option is off the table. They have little to no backup plan other than that.

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
everyone puts way too much emphasis on sound. I agree that a good sounding engine is great BUT does everyone listen to their engine when they are driving? Or is power and torque also important? The 3.5L HO has plenty of power and torque.

BTW .. I also own a 2018 M2 with a MPE (M-Performace Exhaust) and is simply the best sounding car I have ever own. BUT most of the sound is outside and when I am driving it I am not standing outside to hear all the glory of that sound.
I have a ā€˜17 SS sedan with the M6, good sound makes a car - and the factory exhaust definitely lets you know thereā€™s a V8 under the hood if you switch the exhaust to the performance setting.

But thereā€™s more to decent displacement than sound, linear torque curves, reduced running costs, and increased reliability in places where that is key. But most importantly if I want a prestigious halo vehicle I want a prestigious engine, I donā€™t want to be caught buying a $60k V6. Thatā€™s beyond embarrassing.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lol. FCA, sorry Stellantis, will be irrelevant in a few years barring some hail mary change in direction. They're throwing Hemis in everything they can now to cash in before that option is off the table. They have little to no backup plan other than that.
That literally changes nothing I said, thereā€™s logical fallacies all in your comment.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

We are in the sunset of internal combustion vehicles. Any truck manufacturer that is not pumping out as many v8 engines as they humanly can before electric takes over is doing a crime against automobiles. You will live to see a generation of children who have never heard a car roar its engine.

Sound is extremely important right now. Since the climate change hoax destroyed the auto industry getting cars that sound like cars these days is almost impossible.

Putting pipes on a 3.0 is just a go cart.

putting pipes on a 5.0 shakes windows

This is america , having loud , angry , powerful engines is part of our culture.
Sponsored