Sponsored

[Video Added] 2023 Ranger Raptor Spied Testing With Bronco Warthog!

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford is only putting a V8 in the Gen3 raptor only to complete with the TRX.

BTW .. I owned a Gen1 and Gen2 Raptor and the GEN2 is way better. Are you speaking from experience or you just like to argue about your opinions?

what exactly is your argument based on? do you accept my bet? Let's put some money behind your theories.

Ford Bronco [Video Added] 2023 Ranger Raptor Spied Testing With Bronco Warthog! 1612209958408

Ford Bronco [Video Added] 2023 Ranger Raptor Spied Testing With Bronco Warthog! 1612210113962

the most popular raptor is the original V8 SVT raptor. And in 2 days ford announces a supercharged v8.

what exactly is your argument here?
Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wouldn’t call the 3.0 an SUV engine it’s been going into crossovers since it’s inception. That’s just me though.
No, the 3.0 EcoBoost has been going into the Lincoln MKZ and Continental since 2017. It didn't get used in an SUV or crossover until the 2020 model year.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ya but....

more of what?

The wildtrack is amazing and unless this car has a new engine or somethin that REALLY sets it apart, all that suspension stuff can be done better by the aftermarket.

Why would anybody pay 70k for a dealership "desert runner" with basically the same engine as the wildtrak when the desert is only a small geographic part of the country?

Seems like a misguided concept for a product.

If it has a v8 or a powerboost that really makes it powerful i will shut my mouth but as of right now it seems like a REALLY dumb product.
See my last reply to you on this subject that you brought up a couple months ago. Not sure why you have it out for the Warthog when you know nothing about it.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...t’s-the-point-of-the-warthog.6970/post-253536

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is only putting a V8 in the Gen3 raptor only to complete with the TRX.

BTW .. I owned a Gen1 and Gen2 Raptor and the GEN2 is way better. Are you speaking from experience or you just like to argue about your opinions?

what exactly is your argument based on? do you accept my bet? Let's put some money behind your theories.

Ford Bronco [Video Added] 2023 Ranger Raptor Spied Testing With Bronco Warthog! 1612210113962

a performance car with a gt500 engine that is supercharged and has 700HP is better than a 3.5l twin turbo sorry

dunno what you are trying to argue here. People sell their new raptors for the old ones with 100k miles on them because they are that awesome

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That literally changes nothing I said, there’s logical fallacies all in your comment.
Not really, FCA has avoided the biggest penalties by buying credits from Tesla and others with more of a foothold in the EV market. That ability to sell credits between OEMs is being attacked on several fronts. So, while the penalties for those Hemis may be fairly small today they're not going to stay that way for very long and Hemis will be priced out of existence for most platforms. They'll hang around in trucks for awhile and possibly limited use in very top of the line performance models. The days of the mainstream V8 are very limited.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
the power of the 3.0 ecoboob is around 400hp which is the 2.7 with a tune.
Why do people keep on comparing tuned engines to stock engines? It's the dumbest thing I can think of.

"Who needs the 2.7 when a 2.3 with a tune makes the same power??"

Right, so what does a 2.7 with a tune make? Way more?

"Who needs the 3.0 when a 2.7 with a tune makes the same power??"

so no. it also doesnt change towing much
Towing on the Bronco is NOT power limited.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
i am done with you sir. I never said a 3.5. is better than the v8 with 700HP

You won't take my bet because you know you will lose.

Again, you do not speak from experience. You just argue to argue

a performance car with a gt500 engine that is supercharged and has 700HP is better than a 3.5l twin turbo sorry

dunno what you are trying to argue here. People sell their new raptors for the old ones with 100k miles on them because they are that awesome

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not really, FCA has avoided the biggest penalties by buying credits from Tesla and others with more of a foothold in the EV market. That ability to sell credits between OEMs is being attacked on several fronts. So, while the penalties for those Hemis may be fairly small today they're not going to stay that way for very long and will be priced out of existence.
There will be much greater issues if that comes to pass. The ecoboost isn’t exactly a fuel efficient design outside of government simulated test track. Ford is in just as bad of a situation if the testing method becomes more realistic.
You can’t sell cars today based on what might happen in 10 years. As for today consumers seem happy to pay the premium.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why do people keep on comparing tuned engines to stock engines? It's the dumbest thing I can think of.

"Who needs the 2.7 when a 2.3 with a tune makes the same power??"

Right, so what does a 2.7 with a tune make? Way more?

"Who needs the 3.0 when a 2.7 with a tune makes the same power??"

Towing on the Bronco is NOT power limite
Why is that dumb to compare a tuned engine to stock engines? Is it not the truth? I’m bombarded on the forum with statements that turbos are so great because a tune makes them faster than some 1980s jalopy.

Why are they building a halo vehicle and then supplanting an engine that is decisively not special? The point that the lesser vehicle with nearly the same engine can do everything the more expensive halo does at nearly no additional cost is a worthy point.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The term “halo vehicle” is a fitting, double entendre in this thread 😅

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why is that dumb to compare a tuned engine to stock engines? Is it not the truth? I’m bombarded on the forum with statements that turbos are so great because a tune makes them faster than some 1980s jalopy.

Why are they building a halo vehicle and then supplanting an engine that is decisively not special? The point that the lesser vehicle with nearly the same engine can do everything the more expensive halo does at nearly no additional cost is a worthy point.
By that logic, you could tune the 3.0 (not sure where this number comes from as no one has the information outside of Ford) to make even more power. That is why you have to compare factory to factory or tuned to tuned.

I know you don't like turbos, but I'm wondering if you are still planning to buy a Bronco and doing an V8 swap.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
By that logic, you could tune the 3.0 (not sure where this number comes from as no one has the information outside of Ford) to make even more power. That is why you have to compare factory to factory or tuned to tuned.

I know you don't like turbos, but I'm wondering if you are still planning to buy a Bronco and doing an V8 swap.
right or you can just put a v8 engine in the car and have it out of reach from a tune.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you could tune the 3.0 (not sure where this number comes from as no one has the information outside of Ford)
There is a 3.0L based on the same architecture as the 2.7L. Makes 400hp in base form. Almost 500hp in its hybrid version. It makes more sense from every perspective than trying to fit the 3.5L or Coyote V8. That's why it's widely rumored to be the Warthog motor. Not to mention the 2.7L/3.0L are built for boost from the ground up (they're almost designed like diesel blocks) unlike the 3.5L. They're Ford's newest design EcoBoost and bad little mfers.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why is that dumb to compare a tuned engine to stock engines? Is it not the truth?
Something about apples and oranges. Don't help me, I'll get there.

I’m bombarded on the forum with statements that turbos are so great because a tune makes them faster than some 1980s jalopy.
You're not.

Why are they building a halo vehicle and then supplanting an engine that is decisively not special?
That's not what "supplanting" means.

Also see: Ford GT.

The point that the lesser vehicle with nearly the same engine can do everything the more expensive halo does at nearly no additional cost is a worthy point.
This just in! Modified vehicle beats stock vehicle! More at 11!

Why does the Raptor exist? You could just throw some control arms and coilovers and a tune at an F-150. Ford is stupid for making a Raptor.

Why does the Hellcat exist? You can just throw a supercharger on a regular Charger. Dodge is stupid for making the Hellcat.

Why does McLaren exist? I could just build an autoclave in my garage and lay up a carbon fiber monocoque and use my Bridgeport to rough out a nice little 4.0 V8 to put in it and blah blah blah.

Automakers are making cars for people that buy new cars. Whether or not the end user could get more performance per dollar by modifying something else DOESN'T factor into that equation.
Sponsored