Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They aren’t shy about using those lockers lol. I was getting stressed with the front locked so long at the end there lol i know the trail is slick but dang, I’ve seen a few videos of guys blowing front diffs finding a patch of traction. that’s good news for us though, love that everything is built stout.
Yeah, looking at the trail I'm not sure they even needed 4wd, but they love showing off the features. Buyers need to remember that just cause the test drivers use a feature does not mean it's required for that type of trail.

EDIT: I watched a video of using TTA on that sharp corner, yeah 4wd required and that TTA looked handy.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP
OP
Diydner

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm not sure how the Ford reps can get them mixed up setting up the display. It's just a lack of attention to detail. With regards to any enthusiast, I'm not sure how they don't see the error and then go into detail on VB (which they thought was for the FE). 🤷‍♂️

Side note as they were showing the line-up of Sports: The first one was Kodiak Brown and the last color is Alto Blue not AMB. Alto Blue has less flake than AMB, but it also has more blue instead of the Always Mostly Black. Those 2 colors would be nice additions to the Bronco's color palette for MY22. Another point of emphasis are the faux-steelies that each one had. It is a shame that the Bronco wasn't given the same style option.
I would almost be happier with the Alto Blue over the antimatter Blue. We will see. I’ve never seen the antimatter blue in the sun

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seeing the trail turn assist in this video amazed me way more than them doing it in the desert. I now see the usability of it! It was like this:

Well that 4 door wagon needs all the help it can get turning. :)

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
One thing I’ve heard mentioned before by some of the more suspension-tech knowledgeable people is that IFS axles have one huge advantage over solid axle shafts: They are completely “free floating.” A solid axle shaft just by design needs to bend and flex with the axle housing and any stress on that housing is transferred to the shaft. In an IFS setup the CV’s are basically free floating and the only stress they endure is output from the engine and rotational resistance from the tire.

Not sure if that has anything to do with it, but just based on the fact that Ford even upgraded the front diff for the locker (The non locker front diff is the same as what’s in the ZR2 Colorado with a locker and Ford clearly decided it wasn’t strong enough)they were serious about people using it.
Might be somewhat true of newer "unit" bearing solid axles. But older style solid axles with a separate spindle for the wheel, has no "bending" issue with an axle shaft.

If fact, I've literally had an older style D44 long side axle tube be bent (after many, many jumps with 38's in an FSB), and the only affect it had on the axle shaft set, was the locking hub would not engage/disengage easily. Otherwise, nothing broke and 4WD worked just fine.

Sometimes I start to wonder if those who don't think solid axles are all that great maybe never dealt with an older set of them. Maybe they really were built that much better back then. I've tooled around for years on a stock FSB D44, 38's, and lunch box locker. Yes, shafts broke here and there, but I can't believe people are that worried about 37's, when Ford has had 40 years to upgrade everything.

Sponsored

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Right with ya Jeremy. How long did we stand in front of those last year?
At least two hours. This year I did the same thing, except with real Broncos. No Race Red and Lightning Blue.

Would you believe after a year I still have not finalized my color decision? I have been leaning CO with Rapid Red and Lightning Blue in the mix. I REALLY need to decide and let Granger know Before I end up with a VIN.

OP
OP
Diydner

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At least two hours. This year I did the same thing, except with real Broncos. No Race Red and Lightning Blue.

Would you believe after a year I still have not finalized my color decision? I have been leaning CO with Rapid Red and Lightning Blue in the mix. I REALLY need to decide and let Granger know Before I end up with a VIN.
At the event I attended, they had the red. I really liked it. If I wasn’t obsessed with dark blue, it would have been a contender for me for sure!

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Touareg, ‘10 Jetta, ‘07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good luck with the decision. In my book, Lightening Blue is the best color and unique for FE. I would have that one in the stable. Rapid Red fits the ATL UTD motif. Cyber Orange is an interesting color and looks good on the Bronco. Tough decisions indeed.

Scotteasymoney

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150. 72 maverick grabber
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Am I the only one that put too much thought into the conversation of when they asked how long has aftermarket companies had their hands on the Bronco?
When the driver said one company had one for over a year now. When they asked if it was accessories or a tuner? His answer was a tuner and been with for for a while. WTF????? I want to know who.. First that came to mind was SHELBY or ROUSH..... WHO ELSE CAUGHT THAT?????

Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fun video. I like these guys. Great to see the Bronco demonstrated on a trail. That turn assist is key for four door Broncos. Very cool.
That 12” camera is a game changer. I don’t think it gets talked about enough. Those mirror cameras showing the front two tires is amazing. The whole camera set up is amazing. I’m surprised how clear and useful it is. Not having to have a spotter in that kind of weather is such a luxury.

P.S. I have to say the engine doesn’t sound bad at all in the video. It’s no V8 rumble but I can live with that. Sounds better then I was expecting.

Last edited:

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is that a Green Bronco?
GreenBronco.png
Ha it does look it but that’s all the trees reflecting of the gloss black paint. Kinda cool to see what it might look like in a dark green though.

Sgt Beavis

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Up and down they are, but the angle isn't always adjustable.
Late model Fords usually are. They are spring loaded. You pull forward, a little, on the headrest to release it and then adjust to the position you want.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So in this video we all watched yesterday Mitchell mentions at 3:52 a specific tuner that has a close relationship with Ford that has had a vehicle for over a year. Who do you think this could be?

Backroad Driver

First Edition
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 F150 , 96 Bronco, GT350, GT500, 18 F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So in this video we all watched yesterday Mitchell mentions at 3:52 a specific tuner that has a close relationship with Ford that has had a vehicle for over a year. Who do you think this could be?
ROUSH.
Sponsored